autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Back in the FNW routine, I needed it as much as the car did!

Started by pre-treating the tires with 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and then Alien Kleen for the wheelwells. I then foamed the car down with Turtle Wax ICE snow Foam in the IK Foam 9, emptied nearly the entire 1.3 gallons, the remaining was dumped in my wash bucket where I had Bilt-Hamber auto-wash and a couple squirts of Gyeon Essence concentrate already in there. I then rinsed the entire car down, now it was time for a good tire/wheel cleaning. For this I used uo the remaining beta testing product and I thought I wasn't going to have enough but I barely did. I'll say this, LOVE this product! I used a combination of 3 brushes to clean the tires and wheels, short brissel brush, Mother's tire and wheel brush and my trusty Speed Master. This product I'm beta testing produces alot if foam, a foam that was turning brown because if what I was pulling off of the wheel barrels. After rinsing that down it was time for the much needed 2BM!

As I mentioned the 2BM wash consisted of Bilt-Hamber auto-wash, a couple squirts of Gyeon Essense concentrate and the leftover TW Ice snow foam. This really created massive suds and I really enjoyed the wash process, the car came out very clean. After I rinsed it down I grabbed by Master Blaster to dry the majority of the car, finished up with the Sucker Jr. I paid special attention to the window louvers and tires/wheels. I plan on applying "something" to the tires. I know they've only been on for a week but they've been scrubbed a couple times and mounted on the OEM rims since I got my other rims, I feel im good to go and besides, I'll give them a swipe with the mineral spirits for good measure. Gave all the jams a wipe as well as the engine bay, now it's time to go upstairs and relax.

I miss having a clean car, guess it's time to get used to more crusty days than shiney daysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fillet’d up a new sponge for rinseless washes.

Post Thanks / Like

Went down to the garage and applied the 1st coat of OPT tire coating, then vac'd out the car and sprayed some CG's Black Frost in the interior and applied a 2nd coat of OPT tire coating. The finish looks more satin than "sheeny" or shiney, so this could be because the film isn't off of the tires yet or the fact that winter tires are much, much more pores and if this is how they look over the winter I'm good with thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Washed clayed and applied CG Hydroslick Ceramic Hyperwax on my brothers Sting Gray Grand Cherokee. (No pictures)

Then washed, Megs D166 one step with LC Green CCS pads, sealed with Megs UFF and a quick wipe down with Beadmaker on my friend’s WRX. (Had to get my Impreza in there Lol)

And the HDR shot. I used Megs cleaner wax on the exhaust tips since I didn’t bring anything for that with me. Came out pretty good considering...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Subaru Impreza Hatch - Crystal Black Silica
    2019 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion - Pure White

7. Likes Klasse Act, Misterpaul, DFB, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I rinseless washed the SS after first rinsing car down to get off any residual road chemicals from this week’s snows. I used the BRS on the roof, windows, hood and trunk. I used several MF cloths to do from the door handles on down. Afterwards I went and looked at something AWD & turbocharged... . Have fun with that clue Roger!

Not this either:
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

9. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Paul, new or usedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

So after hearing and watching all these TW Hybrid Solution videos I decided to grab my bottle of TWSSA and head down to the garage and apply a coat. It's about 38 outside but probably 50 down in the garage, maybe a bit warmer. I sprayed 2 squirts per panel and worked it in, basically disappeared before I could flip the towel, what a joy to use, can't wait to get my hands on TW Hybrid Solution version which takes it to another levelWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So after hearing and watching all these TW Hybrid Solution videos I decided to grab my bottle of TWSSA and head down to the garage and apply a coat. It's about 38 outside but probably 50 down in the garage, maybe a bit warmer. I sprayed 2 squirts per panel and worked it in, basically disappeared before I could flip the towel, what a joy to use, can't wait to get my hands on TW Hybrid Solution version which takes it to another levelWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So it's a winner in your opinion, Rog?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    So it's a winner in your opinion, Rog?
    Turtle Wax Seal and Shine is a hands down winner! Turtle Wax has it on sale, 2 bottles for $19.00, 1 bottle is $12.00. At first I thought the TWSS would be phased out and replaced by Hybrid Solution but it's being reported its staying as the "middle of the road" product in their lineup. Now I'm not trying to start something but rather making an observation and it's this, why would you chose the "middle of the road" product when for a few bucks more could have their very best and even then, it's so inexpensiveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I will be visiting the TW booth at the Chicagoland Auto Show this February and giving them my .02 cents worth about the great products they've dropped on us in the past year, also maybe get them to re-introduce their tire coating, minus the black dye, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Mr. Paul, new or usedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    New.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 309 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 209259299300301302303304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319359409809 ... LastLast