autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I had new tires installed this week so during my wash today I spent about 1.5 hours just on them. Removed the nibs, cleaned first with Tarminator to remove lube and heavy blooming, then cleaned as usual with McKee’s 37 Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator. Dressed with Perl.
    What tires did you put on?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    What tires did you put on?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wash day for the XR8, gave my new CarPro wash mitt a whirl.

Foamed and washed with NV Snow, also had time to dress the rear bumper insert with 303 and re-coat the tires with Gyeon Q2 Tire.

Three clean cars, bliss!

5. Likes brianc636, Misterpaul, SWETM, Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Wash day for the XR8, gave my new CarPro wash mitt a whirl.

Foamed and washed with NV Snow, also had time to dress the rear bumper insert with 303 and re-coat the tires with Gyeon Q2 Tire.

Three clean cars, bliss!
    Wait, wait, WAIT....XR8 and that's the only pic, are you kidding us hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

A week away from my yearly trip to Tennessee for The Tail of the Dragon, so I'm protecting the wheels because they get pummeled down there, Sonax Wheel Shield has never let me down and although the paint doesn't need anything, a 1500+ round trip can throw anything at your car, so I'm going to be prepared and besides, winter will be here before you know itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for those Dragon pics, Rog.

(Cars & food)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Can't wait for those Dragon pics, Rog.

(Cars & food)
    There will be a separate thread and there will be lots of food too, believe meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wait, wait, WAIT....XR8 and that's the only pic, are you kidding us hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Just building the suspense

Just for you Klasse Act......

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Misterpaul, MadMerc, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3+
    I had the original version of those tires on my old Abarth but didn't use them for winter use, so I can't comment on snow performance but they did just fine everywhere else, maybe the newer versions are better. That said, Continental DWS tires I do know work great in the snow, good luck to you, hope the SEMI winter isn't too bad this yearWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a cheap 21mm knockoff polisher that is building up heat very high if you push it and don't let it cool off. The last correction though I got some dripping grease on to the top of the backing plate. So a couple of days ago I went in and took it apart to change the grease to CRC High Temp Grease. Q-tips and mf towel and brake pad cleaner to get all of the old grease out of it. And even if I have not done so many corrections with the polisher. There where that greyish looking grease mostly around the the gear into the electric motor. That's a tell of worn metall from the gears. And also the light yellow colored grease had been burned on the gear houseing that face down to the backing plate. So clearly this what not a quality grease in there and not so expected either LOL. Cleaned up nicely and the brake cleaners is awesome for desolving grease and oils very good. Repacked with the new lithium high temp resistant grease from CRC. Just filled it up to around half of the gear that goes inside to the electric motor. Put it together again.

Started the polisher on the lowest speed setting and had it there for a couple of minutes. And holded the polisher in different angles at this time too. Slowly highered the speed setting. And WOW it's a new polisher in my hands! Most of the sharp clinging noice is absolute gone and just a couple of times noticeble you know that sound most DA has. Like the cracking noice or how to describe it. Now it where with no pad on it so will see when I test to put a pad and some polish on it and start to polishing with it how it sounds. Had it on for around 20 minutes mostly on the highest speed setting and variered it. And under no pressure on it the heat build up was almost not noticeble. Awesome and looking forward to do some polishing again with it. Thought it feeled like and sounded like it was more easy running the electric motor too. Will see if it's as noticeble when I polishing with it next time and how the heat build up gets from it. Very satisfied with the results so long and it where well worth it.

Apex Detailing Channel on Youtube always switch to a high temp resistant grease based on lithium in his polishers. Just to be knowing it's a quality grease in the gear house of the polisher. I chuckled when I saw GG G9 description mentioned it has Mobile 1 grease in it LOL. Have not seen any polisher description mentioned this before. The power of social media and also that these Youtube testers and reviews they do. Puch the brands to be better when doing new products. So a big win for us consumers and also the brands to get higher quality products out there.

See if I take my 3" mini polisher down and change the grease in that too. Just remember that you can woid the warranty of your polisher if you do this. So it's on you if something happens to it in the future. For me even with 5 years warranty on my 21mm longthrow polisher it was worth it to change the grease in it. Even if it where going brake on me. It's such a low price for being a polisher at around $80. So just gets me the opertunity to invest in a higher quality one LOL.

Not working to upload pictures through Firefox any longer. But if someone is interested to see how the burned and worned greased looked like I can upload pictures through Tapatalk. I think that it's good to upload to my gallery here instead of the Tapatalk app as it's easier to find old pictures uploaded to the gallery.

/ Tony

16. Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite, bofh liked this post
Page 295 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 195245285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305345395795 ... LastLast