autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was the XR6 Falcon.

Nothing too special with this one, just a maintenance wash and some engine bay wipe down.

This car is a 2008 and served as a daily until mid 2010. She has a few stone chips here and there but I have managed to preserve it pretty well.

Worn out but feeling satisfied and soul fed.

2. Likes SWETM, Mdjas, jmnral, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Yeah I've looked into getting one for aesthetic purposes. I think most of the dirt/water that flies up is from the tires though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Although dirty water spray is kicked up by the tires, the reason the hatch gets so dirty is from the low pressure area at the rear of the vehicle, which is exaggerated on hatches and SUVs. The air doesn't move cleanly over and around the vehicle and a low pressure area is built up, and air rushes in, filled with cast off from the wheels and just smacks into the rear of the car. A roof spoiler can help re-direct the airflow over the rear glass, keeping the glass cleaner. It can also reduce the air turbulence behind the car... less drag and a cleaner car.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-venturi3-jpg

4. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes bfielder32087, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chinee View Post
    Although dirty water spray is kicked up by the tires, the reason the hatch gets so dirty is from the low pressure area at the rear of the vehicle, which is exaggerated on hatches and SUVs. The air doesn't move cleanly over and around the vehicle and a low pressure area is built up, and air rushes in, filled with cast off from the wheels and just smacks into the rear of the car. A roof spoiler can help re-direct the airflow over the rear glass, keeping the glass cleaner. It can also reduce the air turbulence behind the car... less drag and a cleaner car.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-venturi3-jpg
    Well thanks. That's a great explanation and a nice graph to go along with it. Before you guys mentioned that on here I always thought it was mostly from the tires. I've been schooled and educated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a "smart" explantionWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Did an autumn cleaning on the Ford Focus interior both yesterday and today. With my injuries in the spine this is about how worse I gets on the pain levels. But in away I enjoying to do the interior as when you are done and all is clean and fresh smell of it. It feeling good when you take a sit in it. Must give my cleaner a mention. Ultima Interior Schampo Gel is an awesome interior cleaner in every way you can think of exept 1. It's not a concentrate and a tick on the expensive side cause of it. When you maintain your own vehicals it's not so bad but if I where to do detailing for a living I would look for a concentrate in bulk. Every material but the useally you need a special cleaner for like alcantra. Otherwise works really great on a car like this. And can not place the smell but it's some leather scent in it and something else. It wears off after a week or so.

I have a little left to tomorrow. The Ultima Interior Guard Plus is going to be applyied and the windows is also left. And man the carpet is of a thick and plush material. This makes it to take a lot of time to vacuum them. The more you brush while you vacuum the amount of the finest sand keeps coming up from it. Know that I have neglected this a little and should vacuum it more often. The positive is that it hides the sand and smaller dirt very well LOL. I'm in a badly need of a great extractor as both the cars I maintain has fabric seats. And the dry/wet vacuum is broken so maybe it's time to get an extractor instead. Will see if I can find a good deal on one that can be used both in the cars and in the household.

This car have been very neglected in some ways before my mom and stepfather bought this for little over 4 years ago. I have taken care of it for almost 3 years now. And have only tried to stop the things that has been damage through neglected care by the previous owner. You work with you have.

After a thorough cleaning with Ultima Interior Schampo Gel.

Next weekend if the weather cooperate with me it's time for the Kia cee'd SW interior cleaning. Also a wash of both the cars is needed too LOL.

9. Likes bofh, DFB, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hit it with some 303 inside and under the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes PaulMys, DETAILROOKIE, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice! I need to do the same to my wife’s IS350.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So my wife took her Eclipse Cross in to have that missing panel installed and they washed the car for her, no problem but she then told me the tires we're "shiny" after I asked how they looked. You see I used OPT tire coating on them on August 11th and hadn't touched them since then, so I was curious and got "that response", I knew what I had to do.

Upon viewing the tires my worst fears were confirmed, even the Gloss black inserts had the dressing on them, not to mention spec of sling on the plastic wheel arch openings, time to do a full on cleaning, he we go!

I started with a foaming using P&S Pearl, the entire vehicle, twice over, then I moved over to the tires and wheels, ofcourse. Sprayed Brake Buster on the tires, Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner on the rims and used my short brissel brush on the tires and a pair of mf gloves to clean the wheels, "hands on" takes on a whole new meaning here, LOL. While rinsing off the soap I was using leftover Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash, so while doing that I decided to just spray the entire ride with it since I had foamed it down earlier, next up, 2BM.

For the 2BM I used 5 oz of P&S Pearl and it was my first time using it in the 2BM, foamed up like crazy, LOTS of suds! While washing the ride I could feel how smooth the paint was, so it's either the Sonax Spray and Seal I applied doing its thing 1 month in and/or the lubricity of the Pearl, either way I knew the car was going to be CLEAN...and it was upon rinsing, lots of beadng too.

Before I dried the car I re-sprayed the tires with Brake Buster and wheels with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, let dwell and rinsed, the dried the car with the Sucker and Sucker Jr. I also dried the tires and wheels with a designated mf towel.

I moved her ride back into its spot and looked at the tires and felt the "crap" wasn't 100% off of the tires, so I grabbed my mineral spirits and separate mf towel and wiped all the tires down real good, at this point I felt they were clean and I then applied 2x's OPT tire coating to the tires, leaving 30 minutes inbetween the 2 coats.

The pics are after I went upstairs, took an MUCH needed shower and finished watching an old episode of Law and Order, enjoy!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So my wife took her Eclipse Cross in to have that missing panel installed and they washed the car for her, no problem but she then told me the tires we're "shiny" after I asked how they looked. You see I used OPT tire coating on them on August 11th and hadn't touched them since then, so I was curious and got "that response", I knew what I had to do.

Upon viewing the tires my worst fears were confirmed, even the Gloss black inserts had the dressing on them, not to mention spec of sling on the plastic wheel arch openings, time to do a full on cleaning, he we go!

I started with a foaming using P&S Pearl, the entire vehicle, twice over, then I moved over to the tires and wheels, ofcourse. Sprayed Brake Buster on the tires, Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner on the rims and used my short brissel brush on the tires and a pair of mf gloves to clean the wheels, "hands on" takes on a whole new meaning here, LOL. While rinsing off the soap I was using leftover Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash, so while doing that I decided to just spray the entire ride with it since I had foamed it down earlier, next up, 2BM.

For the 2BM I used 5 oz of P&S Pearl and it was my first time using it in the 2BM, foamed up like crazy, LOTS of suds! While washing the ride I could feel how smooth the paint was, so it's either the Sonax Spray and Seal I applied doing its thing 1 month in and/or the lubricity of the Pearl, either way I knew the car was going to be CLEAN...and it was upon rinsing, lots of beadng too.

Before I dried the car I re-sprayed the tires with Brake Buster and wheels with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, let dwell and rinsed, the dried the car with the Sucker and Sucker Jr. I also dried the tires and wheels with a designated mf towel.

I moved her ride back into its spot and looked at the tires and felt the "crap" wasn't 100% off of the tires, so I grabbed my mineral spirits and separate mf towel and wiped all the tires down real good, at this point I felt they were clean and I then applied 2x's OPT tire coating to the tires, leaving 30 minutes inbetween the 2 coats.

The pics are after I went upstairs, took an MUCH needed shower and finished watching an old episode of Law and Order, enjoy!
    I watch the "detailers" at work glop this crap all over the tires with a paint brush. Makes me cringe.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

The very first thing I insist on when having a car serviced is "no wash please".

They probably think I'm nuts, in fact on last car I had serviced the booking lady was somewhat shocked that I had declined the complimentary wash.

Page 272 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 172222262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282322372772 ... LastLast