autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdjas View Post
    Its been a month since i washed my envoy denali. Been living off just wipe downs with waterless wash. Need to get some rinseless for winter. I dont use much chemical guys stuff but i love there mr. pink soap. I used that and then meguairs all wheel cleaner on wheels and liners. Then after it air dryed i wiped whole thing down with some uqw. I have a bad habit of not drying my cars. So I usually wipe them back down quickly with a spray wax. Trying to use up products i have so i can try others. Here it is. Id say its not bad for a 13 yr old vehicle. Also last time it was washed i had used meguiars 3in1. So thats the base layer of protection. Anyway enough talking heres pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get some Mckee's N914 or Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash for winter and you'll be good to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Mdjas, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Get some Mckee's N914 or Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash for winter and you'll be good to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Im gonna do just that. I was also looking at optimum rinseless wash and wax. Its green it looks it. Im also expecting my duragloss 105 and aquawax this week. So thats some more stuff to play with. Thanks for suggestions ill look into them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mdjas View Post
    Im gonna do just that. I was also looking at optimum rinseless wash and wax. Its green it looks it. Im also expecting my duragloss 105 and aquawax this week. So thats some more stuff to play with. Thanks for suggestions ill look into them

The products I suggested are pure cleaners, no gloss enhancers but if you want the best of the best to do either RW or WW, the later can be a bit tricky with dilution ratios, is CarPro Ech2o. I've been here since Feb of 2012 and Ech2o is the best I've ever used when doing a RW especially, it's not even close! It's very concentrated so 1 oz to 3 gallons is enough to do a RW to your vehicle, although the Envoy is bigger so maybe 1.5 oz to 4 gallons would be better, remember your going to want to make extra because your going to pre-treat each panel you clean. You might even like 2 oz to 4 gallons, it's up to you but remember, once you see how the ride looks from a clean AND Gloss standpoint after using Ech2o the first time you'll be spoiled, so use the best right out of the shoot and don't look back!

5. Thanks Mdjas thanked for this post
    Likes Mdjas, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Attended the last Supercar Saturday of 2019 this morning, missed a moron losing control of his 911 and beaching it on the median but luckily it wasn't the owner of THIS one!

Sizzle Chest, what do you thinkWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Likes Mdjas, bofh, SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Finally had a cool cloudy morning so I took the chance to do a reset wash on my truck.

I do a lot of WW and RW but when I use a traditional soap Reset is all I use.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes bofh, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I had the control to use 1 soap but I mean there's Turtle Wax snow foam that can be used for the 2BM and although Reset is world class, TW snow foam is pretty awesome and cost effective!

I wonder if Reset can be used in my IK Foam 9What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I did a rinseless wash last night and today I applied Gummi Pflege to all rubber seals and McKee’s 37 trim restorer to window trim. I think the only other things I should do before winter is clean/protect leather again and perhaps refresh my wheel coating.
    Bruno Soares

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I wish I had the control to use 1 soap but I mean there's Turtle Wax snow foam that can be used for the 2BM and although Reset is world class, TW snow foam is pretty awesome and cost effective!

I wonder if Reset can be used in my IK Foam 9What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I think I remember Brian (Alex detail) using the Foam 9 with Reset awhile back.

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I did a rinseless wash last night and today I applied Gummi Pflege to all rubber seals and McKee’s 37 trim restorer to window trim. I think the only other things I should do before winter is clean/protect leather again and perhaps refresh my wheel coating.
    You used the M37 Teim Restorer to the rubber trim on the exterior windows? Am I reading that right? If so how does that work? I need to take care of that trim on mine before winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try it but maybe start out with 1 oz. The thing is this, I use the IK Foam 9 2 ways, first if the car is dusty only I'll foam it, let dwell, rinse and dry...done and in this case I have certain soaps for this. The other way is basically the same way but followed with a 2BM wash, so the later only needs to break things down making the 2BM easier on the paintWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 269 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 169219259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279319369769 ... LastLast