autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I took out all 4 of my carpeted floor mats to clean them. Brought them upstairs and prepared the Bissel Little Green Machine. I added Alien Kleen into the wash container and added hot water and got after it. I did the d/s front mat first, ofcourse and it was really dirty! I then did the p/s front and the by then the tank that catches the dirty water was almost full...and black! I got about halfway done with one of the rears and had to empty the tank, water was black!! I finished the last mat, emptied the tank and then rinsed it out. I placed all the mats back in the car except the d/s one where it's under our ceiling fan in the living room drying completely out.

I don't remember when the last cleaning was, probably somewhere around late spring/early summer but it was looooong over due, Alien Kleen, even @3:1 and then topped off with water, really did the job but I'm not surprised, been using it for 7 years nowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another VW detailed over the weekend:

Headlights cleaned up...

After photos taken by the client...

Products used:

Optimum Car Wash with 2 buckets and microfiber wash mits
    303 Compound with Rupes Mini and green pads
    Polish (not sold on this site) with Flex 3401 and black polishing pads
    Ceramic Coatings (not sold on this site)
    Shine (not sold on this site)
    Sprayway Glass cleaner and glass waffle towels
    Wolfgang Plastic Sealant
    Prima Infinity Trim Conditioner
    Pinnacle Leather Cleaner and Conditioner
    Tire dressing (not sold on this site)
    Trusty Craftsman Shop Vac
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

4. Likes SWETM, Klasse Act, PaulMys, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up the wheels that im planning on putting on my wifes sienna. Was off work today as was first day of school took my oldest daughter to school and decided to take the whole day lol

Here are the wheels. Not bad cleanup considering i paid $100 and came with lugnuts.

Slowly trying to fix this thing up. Its got 176,000 on it and paint is kinda worn out but i still wash and wax it anyways. This is what wheels are going on come spring. I did also wash this the other day and used Meguairs ceramic wax spray and water beading is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot was also bored my 3 yr old and 1 yr old were napping with the wife. And since i took whole day off anyways. I decided to do a wipe down of my envoy. I used meguiars waterless wash and wax and then went over entire vehicle with meguiars ultimate quik wax. Im trying to use up some supplies so i can order some more different things lol well here it is doesnt clean up bad for 13yrs old but up close it does have imperfections.

8. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I need to stop posting in this thread today lol. But i did a wax job on my sons wagon i built him here it is. Ignore the bad pics its in my basement thats filled with junk i need to go thru.

10. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging by that front left tire, she may need an alignment.........

That is cool, man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Judging by that front left tire, she may need an alignment.........

That is cool, man.
    O it needs more then that lol like a new set of tires but i maybe have a 100 bucks in it and its a cool conversation piece. I gave it to my son for his 1yr old b day but weve only used it once lol. Worked on it and pieced together for a month or 2 working on it when i could and have only gotten it out once. O well itll be his to give his kids one day. Or as i did as a kid destroy it lol

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So this morning on the way to work @7 a.m. it looked like 8 p.m and was raining hard, thunder and LOTS of lightning...then it stopped right before I went into work AND then the sun came out later, LOL. The car actually looked good, had to look hard for the remenence of the rain/dirt, it was easier to see on the top of the rear bumper. I knew I had the time for a wash but wanted to do something different...a RW using the soaking towels method...BUT which productWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Once again I wanted something different and I reached for Turtle Wax wash and wax rinseless wash! Long before their most recent renaissance TW was making great products like this as well as Endura tire coating. I have 2 more bottles of this and about 16 ounces of Endursnce in a bottle as well as 1 unopened box of it, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For this wash I had about 4.5 gallons of water so I went with 9 ounces of product, 1 extra ounce than what the directions say for 4 gallons, no problem. I dropped in 5 edgeless, plush mf towels and dunked my 1000 ML Kwazzer into the solution and got after it. It was alot of fun doing this, a method which was basically my go to before I bought my Worx hydroshot because WW/RW was my only way to wash unless I hit a Touchless carwash. It did a great job and smelled great in the process, car looks great.

Before I did the TW wash and wax RW I first did the wells, tires/wheels. The wells and tires were treated to 303 tire and rubber cleaner and left to soak. I then did one tire/wheel at a time with Brake Buster and used my assortment of brushes to scrub away all the mess from this mornings drive to work in the storm. Once I rinsed down everything I sprayed the Meg's HCW on each wheel and let it sit for about 5 minutes and rinsed away. I have this product and will use it like this whenever I feel like it as I have alot of it, especially when diluting it @4:1, why not! I dried everthing down and ofcoarse the tires are still looking great with the OPT tire coating on there. It doesn't seem to matter if I let stuff dwell or scrub, they look the same when I dry them, really wondering how long it's going to last, I mean I'm going to the Dragon in 46 days, will I need to re-apply before then...or will I FEEL LIKE re-applying it, LOL.

Here's a shot of the tires after drying them and then washing the car and me typing up this long winded... urrrr, long fingered diatribeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The above pics are the normal "auto" setting I usually useWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes PaulMys, MadMerc, SWETM, DetailKitty, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roger, I still have an unopened bottle of TW RFWW in my basement with your name on it.

I also have unopened bottles of ONR, ONRWW, McKee’s N914, McKee’s Rinse Free Wash & Wax, CarPro Echo and Adam’s Rinseless. I think I have a problem...
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if the 2019 Chicagoland Detail Day ever happens I'll take it and I'm sure you can trade away the other stuff. I'll have stuff to offer up as well....oh yeah, that CDD, more info coming, when I know something, so will you guys What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 266 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 166216256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276316366766 ... LastLast