autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tony, maybe get a friend to help you do a major detail on the car and lay down your favorite LSP so the clean ups that are far and inbetween go easierWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now you say a classic car as a daily driver...in SwedenWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I mean I'd want more modern due to all the safety equipment for starters but how do they clean the roads there in the winter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't have any of my friends that's detailing OCD or even the slightest interested in it. It's useally me who does it when I can for them LOL.

Sure that's one thing I consider the vehicals is very much safer now days in collisions. But since my nerve damage is so bad I have no working ability on regualar basis. And that does the economics is not so good. I think that as in most countries when leaving the vehicals for service or mechanical work it's costly. Sure with a newer vehical it may not break so often. But with not being able to do the service by my self it gets just too costly for me. In Sweden a car gets rated as a classic when it gets 30 years old. Then the taxes costs every year is taken away and also the insurance costs gets lower. So it's just that many times I think of getting me a Volvo that is from 89' or older. There are cheap spare parts available and overall a lower cost owning it. But there is also to find a car in great condition and those useally cost much more.

The winter here they doze the roads with road salt. But I don't know how it is now days. Before the vehicals had to protected on the undercarriage. As in a thick underbody spray that dries to the touch. This makes it to stand up to be wet and to stand up to all of the road salt and grime from the roads. And this is something that I would be do again on a older vehical. I useally do this on the cars I have owned that's to inspect it during the yearly safety inspection that you must do and they lift up the car I follow the inspector and look at the condition it has and ask him where I would be apply a fresh layer of the underbody spray. Take of any flakes of this and dry it thoroughly and useally a prep spray and apply with a brush or spray can. Also the inside of the doors and other parts that is closed but has small holes and some with a plugg or open. There you spray in a thinner solution of this rust protection and water repellent goo. Keeping that protection up and even the classic cars is not a problem with rusting. It both stops the rust that has beginning and don't let any new rust comeing. When a car reach 5-8 years this is important to have check up so it's holding up. This also is a difference between the car brands how well this protection holds up and also how well the owner takes care of it. Then I don't drive so much as I'm not able to be working.

LOL I keep convinceing me to get a classic LOL. But it's getting to be a used car with a 5-7 years old as always the latest cars I have bought.

Since I started to do hand washes when I bought the Kia almost 3 years ago. I have been able to have a protection on it. It's a few times it's gone so far as they have failed. And another reason is that even if I get very bad and a high pain level even from a basic wash. I like to do it and my mind gets to a good place of achieving something. Before I got injured I was very active and handy and did a lot. I worked at a sawmill and drove the 54ton heavy timber-truck that feeded the saw with timber. Then my uncle had a little farm which I was takeing care of since he was also haveing injuries. Then in the compartment house I lived in I took care of the garden and parking lots and all other things as janitor you could say. I played soccer in the village team and where it's team captain. Then I was the trainer for the village womens soccer team. And tried to get some hours of sleep too LOL. Going from that to not being able to do nothing really on a regualar basis. I was still in the soccer club and got to be the assistant coach and responseble for the B-team. This helped me very much to be a part of something. Then 6 years ago I got worse and could not have any responsebility. Still helps the club when I can with things around that. So now is this detailing thing the only thing I have that I can do when I can and gets worse but don't give up on it as it's important for me to have something to do when I can. Then it's the family and friends that's the focus on.

This is way off topic but it's my situation that I have now. And I live out on the country side you can say so a car is needed too. So it's going after what the economy lets me to do LOL.

Next up is to take care of the interior and the engine compartment and door jambs and all that. Which is the hardest part for me to do. But splitting it up over a few days and when the weather allows. It's going to work I hope.

Sorry if it was too much of information shared. But have always been open with it and fighting on LOL.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never too much info Tony, we all feel for yah but also appreciate what your able to based on your disability, too bad there aren't more geeks around you as I'm sure they'd be over there helping out, this I know!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So while at the inlaws I decided to do a N914 WW, got inspired by another thread here I guess, LOL. The car wasn't dirty at all but it did rain on it while at our friends house yesterday afternoon while at a BBQ, so I knew there were some waterspots and some dust anyways since they live so close to the train tracks. I ended up only needing 3 mf towels to clean the entire car, plus a designated one to give the tires/wheels and quick wipe as well. I've said it so many times but I'll say it again, N914 leaves a clean clean you can see, no different this time aroundWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes TTQ B4U, Mdjas, PaulMys, SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Closest I got to detailing today was to wash down my poles after fishing.

They were wiped down with WG Uber, and then Bead Maker.

True story. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes Jayfro, Klasse Act, SWETM, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I took advantage of the 25% off sale and ordered up a second Tornador Black so I can keep a back up but more importantly, I can keep one locked and loaded for use with the Velocity Vac system on it and the other ready to go for use as the cone/blower so moving from one to another is as simple as simply swapping out tools.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Satisfying and long day. All three detailed inside and out. Dg 105/601 on the explorer. Aquawax on top of existing 105/601 on the civic and corolla. Perl on tires and trim. Best compliment on the work was from my 4yo neice who walked up to the explorer pointed and said "sparkles" abt the flake in the piant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, fly07sti, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Washed the wife’s Beast using TW Ice Snow Foam Wash in the bucket and in the iK sprayer. Tires got cleaned with Adam’s Tire Cleaner, wheels with TW ISFW and various brushes and a MF wash mitt. Tires got McKee’s SiO2 Tire Shine and wheels got CarPro Hydro. The paint and glass were washed then cleaned again with a clay mitt using remaining TW ISFW as a clay lube. OptiSeal was used as a drying aid. Wife is happy with the results.

Merlin s h o t in honor of our late friend Ron.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Paul, how is TW Ice snow foam when used in the 2BM method? Also, how much did you use in the wash bucket?

Post Thanks / Like

Experimenting with DLUX on the interior hard plastics of my 2002 Camaro SS.

Door panels are next.

16. Likes SWETM, TTQ B4U, DetailKitty, fly07sti, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Mr. Paul, how is TW Ice snow foam when used in the 2BM method? Also, how much did you use in the wash bucket?
    1 oz. per gallon, so 4 oz in the bucket. I’d readily compare it to many premium car soaps. TW has got it going on.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

18. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
Page 265 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 165215255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275315365765 ... LastLast