autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I did that too yesterday while getting my gallon to snap a picture and list it for sale on FB and although it smells fine, I don’t think it’s all that. In a similar category I like Gyeon’s Quick Detailer much better, smells like coconuts. And in a category not even close, McKee’s 37 FAST Interior Detailer. That is probably my favorite scent in detailing products.
    Yeah buddy M37 fast interior smells great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Tested out my new Tornador black and velocity vac system. WOW!!! This thing rocks!

I worked on a neighbor's car. He has a dog and lots of hair. Told me that he normally would spend 1 to 2 hrs cleaning it all up. He stood there speechless as I vacuumed his car with the velocity vac in less than 20 minutes.

I'm shocked and stoked too. What did you do today, in regards to detailing? just dry vacuuming changed colors of the seats. The darker area is after just one pass with the velocity vac.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FNW time once againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So the car just had a couple days of dust on it and even then you couldn't see it too much but theory therapy time and making sure it's nice for cars and coffee this Sunday (Vernon Hills) it was going downWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Started with a tire and wheel cleaning using Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner @ the 9 oz/gallon ratio, just sprayed all 4, let it dwell AND THEN rinsed off, now onto the car cleaning. For this I did a Griot's Garage cocktail of foaming surface wash (2.5 oz) and .5 oz of Poly Gloss, stronger than usual but no problem. Knowing I was going to be doing this today I took out the little white filter in the spray head of the IK Foam 9 and let it soak all day, then when I got ready for the wash, I rinsed it out, squeezing it out and placed it back in there and damn did the foam come out even better, a little maintenance goes a long way here. I ended up going over the car twice, leaving enough to put in the bucket for my wheel cleanings, always using everything up no matter whatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Drying the car with the Sucker, waffle weave and PFM finished up the body, the glow is just that much more amp'd up. Dried the jams, tires/wheels and quick wipe of the engine bay and now I'm done, well, been done for about an hour actually, time bed, Premier League Sat morning comes around before you know it, finishing up LIGA MX right now, Atlas over Americas 2-0What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes DFB, SWETM, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did my wifes civic with meguiars 3 in 1. Its does pretty good for what it is. Im just doing this as a hobby. But lately have become obsessed with keeping and detailing my vehicles

Then i used same on my envoy except i clayed mine. I also use meguiars waterless wash and quik wax every few days and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The SS got an under hood cleaning followed by CarPro PERL wipe down. Remounted the SS V8 engine cover. I dug my original SS carpet mats out of the basement. They’ve never been used. The passenger side mat still has the factory warning sticker on it. They will get mounted when I remove the SS WeatherTech mats. For now they’re in the trunk which got a couple sprays of Adam’s Odor Neutralizer.

The exterior was clean from previous day so I got out an old Meguiar’s MF towel and toothpicks then proceeded to spend the next 45 or so minutes doing toothpickery work on all seams, door, boot and bonnet margins. No more TOGW! Well actually it’s no more my old wax. Thank you to Jim White of White Detailing for that tip.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to be doing a normal wash on my Kia cee'd SW. Started with the prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. There is a couple of tar spots that I have not getting off. So out came the citrus based tar and glue remover. Sprayed it on the paint and lightly aggitate it with a mf towel and they where gone.

But when I was looking closely I did noticed some extra iron particals. There where a few of them before and had thought about to leave them until I do the polishing. But thought that it don't hurt to take them off now and makes an easier decon when going to be polishing it. Tried to capture it but it's hard to get a good picture of it LOL. But there where more iron particals that I first thought. So after doing one side with letting it dwell and PW clean rinsing it off the iron remover. There was still some bigger iron particals left when I did the control spray on once more. So the second time and the first time on the other parts of the car I did work in the iron remover with a mf towel. This did remove it all when I did another control spray. So even with a very effective iron remover it can be worth to do these control sprays on the most iron particals amount you have on some places. The LSP took a hit too so this was going to be topped up.

Some bleeding reaction on the back hatch.

The wash with Carpro Reset and multible mf wash pads went good. Used the last from the Reset so a new order is being needed as I will always have this in my arsenal. The wash took a longer time than expected. So the evening dew came in. This made a problem to use the topper I useally have on the Kia cee'd. This is a high amount of Si monosilicon in it. One LSP I know works great even when the dew is in the air is the spray on rinse off products. Have some to chose from as I like these kind of products a lot for the easy of use. Have not tried the Sonax Spray and Seal on the Kia yet so this I went with. Spray it on the car in sections and a mf applicator pad to spread it out evenly. And a thorough PW rinse off to get the water pressure to activate the Spray and Seal thoroughly. This foams up a little and helps you to see so you rinse it off very thoroughly which is awesome. A little warmer look from Sonax Spray and Seal vs PNS and BSD leaves. And very easy to use. Try a bottle of Sonax Spray and Seal if you like these kind of products it's great stuff.

It got dark when I was finished. So a picture of it the morning after. Satisfied with how the Sonax Spray and Seal did make the metallic flakes pop. And at the same time didn't wash out the silver color in the silver metallic paint I have. This can some LSP do and it's likes it mute the finish you get from the LSP that leaves a high crispy sharp look from it. Sonax BSD does this on my paint so as much as I like it in performance from it. It goes on the white Focus I maintain and looking awesome on white paints.

/ Tony

11. Likes Klasse Act, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony, I love how you keep up your Cee'd and your detailed explanations and because of this forum it brings ALL of in whether were states away or huge oceans between us all, keep doing what you do, all of you out there! This forum makes our world very smallWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished up the beauty yesterday:

2017 Jaguar XJ in Portofino Blue Metallic gets Coated
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

15. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tony, I love how you keep up your Cee'd and your detailed explanations and because of this forum it brings ALL of in whether were states away or huge oceans between us all, keep doing what you do, all of you out there! This forum makes our world very smallWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thanks so much Roger!

Yeah the web is fantastic to get us in to a smaller world. It's an awesome forum to be on. And see how people takeing great care of their vehicals and also do it for a living or weekend warrior.

Sadly the Kia cee'd SW turbo diesel I have has a lot of defects and damages on it when I bought it. Picture angles and where you take them can hide them pretty good LOL. But tries to maintain it as the best I can. With a physical disability I have I would want to be doing more maintance washes. It goes way of a long time between the washes. Which I also think that the things like tar spots and iron particals is able to be bonding harder to the paint. So that gets me to use the tar remover and iron remover a little more often to get them off. Sure my environment does it's part of it. But notice when I have a good run with my nerve damage I have and can be washing at least every 2 weeks. It's not so much of build up of the contaminants that I can see when it gets washed maybe every month or every other month.

Will see if I start to look around for another car that is in better condition than the cee'd. Would be more fun to take care of a paint with no to little damage on it or it could be corrected to it. It's a great DD and economical to own and drive. The brakes is a disaster to get to free spinning from the rotors. And go switch the parking lights in the headlights was no fun. But there is not so many cars out there today that you can do it your self fixing on them. Have many times thought about to buy a classic car and have it as a DD and being able to do the mechanic work my self on it. We will see where it goes. Useally it's going fast and on a wim LOL. Maybe I will be doing a more thorough search for the next car I buy.

Always enjoying to see your posts and what you have done and what products you have used. Keep on shareing with us

/ Tony

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony, maybe get a friend to help you do a major detail on the car and lay down your favorite LSP so the clean ups that are far and inbetween go easierWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now you say a classic car as a daily driver...in SwedenWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I mean I'd want more modern due to all the safety equipment for starters but how do they clean the roads there in the winter?

Page 264 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 164214254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274314364764 ... LastLast