autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 26 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536761265261026 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Put Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Silica Spray of wife's car.

2. Likes Maxreed241, Eldorado2k, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got after it tonight...FNW!

So I last washed it on Monday but after 4 days of to and from the car was dusty, SALT dusty, so it was time! When the car is like this I have a couple options but this time I reached for my IK Foam 9 filled with a quality soap suggested by John at Forensic Detailing (his favorite for foaming a car) Before I did this though I had to spray the tires and wells with 303 Tire and Rubber and let it dwell. Once the car was foamed I had left over carwash soap from past week and poured it in my wheel bucket and got to work. The Speed Master took care of the barrels and spoke while the Mothers Tire Brush took care of the tires and lug area. I rinsed down the car with a mix of water and leftover WGU RW from Monday's wash. This was a nice change of pace and let me use something leftover instead of dumping it down the drain. I then dried the car with The Sucker and Griot's Garage waffle weave drying towel, the later for the glass and jams. I finished with drying the tires and wheels and wiping down the engine bay, clean as you go...as you can see!

I'm about to head upstairs and get my Master Blaster sidekick and get after the "drip areas", have a great weekendWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reached for an old friend but a good friend to dress my tires...TW Endura Tire CoatingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Likes SWETM, ClearVue18 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Reached for an old friend but a good friend to dress my tires...TW Endura Tire CoatingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Were your tires surgically clean before applying it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Were your tires surgically clean before applying it?
    Well...I laid down a base/2nd and 3rd coat of a just released tire dressing last week, this is the 2nd cleaning of them. I first sprayed 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner on and let it dwell. I then foamed the car, as well as the tires, wheels and well and let it sit. I then scrubbed the tires with my Mothers Tire brush and wheels and barrels with my Speed Master and rinsed. I then dried with my designated mf towel and finally used my Master Blaster sidekick to make the tires and wheels dry, I then applied 2x's TW Endure tire coating...

Not sure how "surgical" it was, I mean when scrubbing the tires down I didn't see any brownWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Well...I laid down a base/2nd and 3rd coat of a just released tire dressing last week, this is the 2nd cleaning of them. I first sprayed 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner on and let it dwell. I then foamed the car, as well as the tires, wheels and well and let it sit. I then scrubbed the tires with my Mothers Tire brush and wheels and barrels with my Speed Master and rinsed. I then dried with my designated mf towel and finally used my Master Blaster sidekick to make the tires and wheels dry, I then applied 2x's TW Endure tire coating...

Not sure how "surgical" it was, I mean when scrubbing the tires down I didn't see any brownWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I think the most important thing would be if they were slick or not.. Usually if they’re slick or black it’s because there’s still remnants of other tire products on the tire and that’s when tire coatings can have less than expected results. You’re no rookie with the tire coating, so I’m just sayin..

Before applying a tire coating I like a tire to be nice and dry, bare, even if it’s a little brown that’s ok because at least I know there’s no signs of other tire products on it.

10. Likes ClearVue18 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my tires were somewhere in the middle, LOL. I'll tell you these Blizzaks absorb tire "dressings" quite a bit, so we'll see how it does, it's been a while. Soft compound tires are pretty pores, so I may need to stick with Griot's Garage Black Shine Tire Gel or Gyeon Q2 Tire. That said, tire dressing #8 is within my site, the upcoming new tire product from Gyeon, a product that can be applied to a wet tire, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

It is a cool 25 degrees outside so a bucket wash was out of the question. I did clean the Weathertechs with APC and rinsed them from the water spigot.

The inside of the garage is insulated but not heated. The wife's Buick got the treatment today. It was still a toasty 40 degrees inside which was good enough for a Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    It is a cool 25 degrees outside so a bucket wash was out of the question. I did clean the Weathertechs with APC and rinsed them from the water spigot.

The inside of the garage is insulated but not heated. The wife's Buick got the treatment today. It was still a toasty 40 degrees inside which was good enough for a Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash.

Can I suggest, no....HIGHLY suggest, the WeatherTech cleaning/protectant combo for those mats? Only until I got them did my mats look "like new". The cleaner really made a difference, not sure what's in there but it worked and their protectant, makes them look great WITHOUT being dangerous afterwards, made specifically for their own products. This (WeatherTech) company is really something to see, I wish you out of town people could see the buildings from the outside, you just KNOW how great their products are, then you get them in, use them, clean them and repeat for years and years and yearsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Can I suggest, no....HIGHLY suggest, the WeatherTech cleaning/protectant combo for those mats? Only until I got them did my mats look "like new". The cleaner really made a difference, not sure what's in there but it worked and their protectant, makes them look great WITHOUT being dangerous afterwards, made specifically for their own products. This (WeatherTech) company is really something to see, I wish you out of town people could see the buildings from the outside, you just KNOW how great their products are, then you get them in, use them, clean them and repeat for years and years and yearsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I purchased the Weathertech cleaner and protectant earlier this year and they have been treated. I am not convinced on the cleaner but I am convinced on the protectant. I use Blackfire BF-450 APC to clean them with a soft brush and they clean up easily. I am a big fan of the Weathertech products and I was able to buy them on Autogeek. With a sale and free shipping, it was cheaper than going to Weathertech direct.

16. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 26 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536761265261026 ... LastLast