autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    I tried using a Foam Cannon and the old electric pressure washer.

YouTube

I wish the foam was a little thicker. I probably need more oomph, more HP in pressure washer.
    What foam cannon you using and what pressure washer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
    It's a good thing you posted this because I got one of the Pro2 sprayers today, and they don't include any information about the difference in the tips, unless I missed it.

The box, the instructions and the Autogeek site say it has a 42 oz. capacity, but as you posted, the sprayer itself shows 50 oz. Do you know the reason for the difference?

When I opened the sprayer it was wet inside, with a very small amount of liquid in the bottom. I don't know if that's normal, and possibly condensation from sitting in the hot UPS truck, but I sent a note to customer service asking about it.

Thanks.
    The liquid is probably from testing.... quality control. If bottle is 50 oz then prolly just a typo from AG and IK. Maybe it's 50oz bottle but 42oz liquid max?

Post Thanks / Like

Did a bucket wash with Optimum car wash. Dried with PFM and ech20 as drying aid. Been trying less and less sio2 spray in my mix and today just tried ech20. I think 2.5,oz ech20 and 1oz sio2 in 32oz bottle my sweet spot.

Tried Adams 5 fingered chenille MF wheel mitt today. Awesome for getting into the crevices behind the spokes of my wheels. Hydro2 on the wheels.

Couple fresh coats of TAC Tire Coat on the old nitto's

4. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    I tried using a Foam Cannon and the old electric pressure washer.

YouTube

I wish the foam was a little thicker. I probably need more oomph, more HP in pressure washer.
    Move the end up to the nozzle of the foamcannon to fan out the foam. And the generic foamcannons useally commes with a 1.25mm orifice in the foamcannon. Get a 1.1mm orifice in it and you will get a little better foam. It seems like you have a little PW so you maybe not getting the thickest shaving cream foam from it. But with a little more foam concentrate and you should be able to cover your cars with foam. It's trying your way to get the sweet spot. I used to set the foamcannon on the highest chemical mix setting on the foamcannon and dilute it properly in the foamcannon bottle. With a more effective PW I use now almost only concentrate straight in the foamcannon bottle and set the chemical mix setting on the foamcannon pretty low. You can calculate out how you should dilute it in the if you measure out how much your PW dilute the foamcannon. It's a little complicated since I use the metric system. But think I could guide you if you want to. PM if you want some help with it.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

So the usual FNW is coming up later on but I'll have a special guest appearing tomorrow down in the garage, maybe two, stay "tuned"
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So the usual FNW is coming up later on but I'll have a special guest appearing tomorrow down in the garage, maybe two, stay "tuned"
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished up the FNWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I actually did a full on tire, wheels and wheelwell cleaning when I got home from work. Started with Alien Kleen in the wells, Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner and P&S Brake Buster for the rims, dwell and tires scrubbed and wheels cleaned throught.

Came back down there and did an Ech2o WW, just love this stuff...stillWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? My ratio is 7:1 and even though it requires a buff, even at this ratio, the reward is THAT gloss, my GodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I posted pics, along with a bit more description of the tire cleaning process, over in the OPT tire coating thread if your interestedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes SWETM, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned the car up for a local show Saturday... topped it with a new coating I just got.
    It finished super glossy so I'm hoping it lasts.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

11. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave a coworker (dark grey 2016 Camaro SS 6M, no mufflers) a care package. I gave him an unopened bottle of McKee’s Power Wash, 16 oz. bottle of Optimum Car Wax, McKee’s Road Kill Bug Remover, small bottle of Rain-X and a MF applicator pad.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

13. Likes Jayfro, PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Gave a coworker (dark grey 2016 Camaro SS 6M, no mufflers) a care package. I gave him an unopened bottle of McKee’s Power Wash, 16 oz. bottle of Optimum Car Wax, McKee’s Road Kill Bug Remover, small bottle of Rain-X and a MF applicator pad.
    Paul the enabler.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes SWETM, Misterpaul liked this post
Page 256 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 156206246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266306356756 ... LastLast