autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's all good Monica, I've got ties to GM as my late Dad worked there for 35 years and since the purchase of my first new car, a 2000 Ford Contour SVT, I haven't had the desire to buy a single GM car, some I just can't afford but others there was ZERO as an option.

The big 3 or big 2 or whatever they're called today need to get their heads out of their arses and get it together. The next 5 years are going to be interesting as my buddy Hectour and I have said a number of times that one of the original big 3 are going to go bye-bye and it's not people like me who buy foreign cars fault either. For what I want, GM, Ford or Chrysler don't make what I'm looking for, periodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I hear you... my dad worked for Ford his entire life... 30+ years. When he passed away the entire plant closed for the day so they could all attend his funeral. I will forever remember that.

I think the big 3 will all become the domestic 1.

It's their own fault for going away...well, it's the unions faults.
    You know I have no issues with buying foreign.That will probably be my next purchase.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the entire plant closed to attend his funeral, INCREDIBLE! At my Dad's Wake people came in talking about how my Dad would work 20+ hr days back in the day and when he had a heart attack, his 1st, he drove himself to the hospital. The doctor told me his face was green and almost died. Once he was stable I gave him hell about that, stubborn but when it came to work it was everything but that comes from being the youngest of 9 kids. His Dad was a coal miner from WV and they grew up poor as hell, so getting a job at GM in 1966 was a very big deal and he busted his ass.

It's amazing how this thread about Ford has ended up here, next month will be 13 years since my Dad passed, wish I could talk to him about the 2020 Corvette and how fugly the rearend is...amongst other thingsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the entire plant closed to attend his funeral, INCREDIBLE! At my Dad's Wake people came in talking about how my Dad would work 20+ hr days back in the day and when he had a heart attack, his 1st, he drove himself to the hospital. The doctor told me his face was green and almost died. Once he was stable I gave him hell about that, stubborn but when it came to work it was everything but that comes from being the youngest of 9 kids. His Dad was a coal miner from WV and they grew up poor as hell, so getting a job at GM in 1966 was a very big deal and he busted his ass.

It's amazing how this thread about Ford has ended up here, next month will be 13 years since my Dad passed, wish I could talk to him about the 2020 Corvette and how fugly the rearend is...amongst other thingsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Yup, it was pretty amazing and why I get a little bent when people bash Ford.

That is awesome about your dad... we are coming form very similar backgrounds! This is why I like you Roger
    My mother and father were very poor as well. My dad grew up in Kensington... anyone in the PA/Philly area knows
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed Monica and while I'm not familiar with that area my Dad was born and raised in Lumberport WV, to this day not even a traffic light in town. I took my wife there back in 2012 so she could "kinda" know my Dad since he died over 2 years before I met my wife. When I got there we walked around and came to my Grandma's old house....horrible! Fast forward to where I was born and raised, Detroit MI. I was there about a month ago and the area around the GM Tech Center is a shadow of its former self. The middle class city of Warren MI, 3rd largest city in Michigan, is basically a ghost town, so many closed bowling alleys, abandon little shops that you know made parts for the big three and then there's the neighborhoods, run down and just a bunch of low rent stores, vape shops, etc, depressing and don't get me started about the south of 8 mileWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My old man was always a Mopar guy, yet I have owned Chevy's in the past. And now working for Ford, I have to say that they are making some pretty damn nice stuff.

Still, I'll always be a Mopar guy because of my dad.

July 19th marked exactly 20 years since he passed away. Like you Roger, I wish he were here to discuss all of the new stuff with.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the thread, I did a RW wash with Uber, and threw a layer of this stuff called “Bead Maker” on.
    Anyone heard of this?? Lol

Stuff smells awesome, and seems slick as hell.

Tomorrow, I’ll hit the trim and tires.
    Ran out of time today.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes DetailKitty, UncleDavy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed Monica and while I'm not familiar with that area my Dad was born and raised in Lumberport WV, to this day not even a traffic light in town. I took my wife there back in 2012 so she could "kinda" know my Dad since he died over 2 years before I met my wife. When I got there we walked around and came to my Grandma's old house....horrible! Fast forward to where I was born and raised, Detroit MI. I was there about a month ago and the area around the GM Tech Center is a shadow of its former self. The middle class city of Warren MI, 3rd largest city in Michigan, is basically a ghost town, so many closed bowling alleys, abandon little shops that you know made parts for the big three and then there's the neighborhoods, run down and just a bunch of low rent stores, vape shops, etc, depressing and don't get me started about the south of 8 mileWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It’s always been a "low income" area we will say

My father died before he met my husband as well... shame as they would have gotten along famously.

Detroit is not doing well sadly. I wish it were doing better.

13. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Used the Rupes buffer on my 4Runner, ran compound and polish across her. When you can see yourself in 20 year old paint I think it’s a victory. Now that I have learned how to properly use the Rupes system I really like it. Two years ago I wasn’t real impressed but after some trail and error and learning from a coworker on is experiences with it I’m a fan.
    Now to take the 4Runner out of state again tomorrow and get her covered in bugs again.

15. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up this 2000 Toyota Avalon to play with. Full engine bay detail although I admit I could have done better if I wasn't life exhausted. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned out the Escape after driving down to the shore as well as transporting the dog to boarding and back.

I need to detail the outside and apply some protection soon... definitely before the weather starts to turn cold.

19. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 253 of 1220 FirstFirst ... 153203243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263303353753 ... LastLast