autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

OPT tire coat results based on what I posted previously, taken 5 minutes ago!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got a chance to work on the leather seats and steering wheelof my truck. They were cleaned with Gyeon Q2M and coated with Gyeon Q2 Leather Shield. It is a great product and easy to apply.
    While I was at it, the truck got a rinseless wash with Wolgang Uber and the tires were cleaned with LATA and treated with 303 Tire Balm. It was a great morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

About to get started with a polish and paint prep on this brand new C7 GS. I'm using Optimum hyper polish and their paint prep, this is what my buddy Ted wants to use so there you have it. Car has 1060 miles on it, drove it from Massachusetts to Chicagoland. It goes in Monday for PPF.

More pics to comeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished up here. My buddy did all the prep before I even got here, so I just needed to polish it or basically clean up the paint before the PPF is applied early this coming week.

Kinda funny thing here, when I go to cars and coffees and see a Corvette with chrome wheels I predict an automatic but NOT in this cars case, 7 spd manual!

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after I worked on the C7 GS I drove his DD, this ST, over to my inlaws where my wife and daughter were. I hadn't driven a stick since the day before St. Patrick's Day, couldn't wait to get in there. This car has the optional Recaros and i had to climb over them to get in, it's been a while since i drove this car. He's been tracking it to get his fix because of how long his old GT350 was in the shop, his SECOND GT350 that was in the shop, both were Lemon Lawed, now he's in the Corvette GS and I expect him to have a much better experienced, good job Ford, guess Quality isn't Job 1 anymore, hell, cars aren't even a thing anymore over thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    now he's in the Corvette GS and I expect him to have a much better experienced, good job Ford, guess Quality isn't Job 1 anymore, hell, cars aren't even a thing anymore over there[emoji
    Couldn’t agree LESS...

The C7 was sold without both emergency brake cables...

But at least he didn’t buy a Chevy Colorado or ZL1 Camaro... both have self-deploying airbags that GM has refused to cover under warranty.

I’ve also never had to worry about how much weight my keychain had for fear of it shutting off the car.
    FYI- this was a class action lawsuit with my husband’s last car because GM didn’t include his vehicle in the recall... why? They are cheap and don’t care. That lawsuit was won btw.

Not to mention the fact that GM has a “death fund” for vehicle fatalities...

This is the 3rd Ford bash in a row that I’ve seen on here while I’m on here trying to read posts and positively contribute to this community, and I’m annoyed.
    I thought we were all car enthusiasts?
    Would be nice if everyone gave me the same respect as I give them. We all have companies we like and dislike but we don’t need to air it out on here.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa.....What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm saying this because he's had 2 GT350's in a row get bought back through Ford, another buddy lost cylinder #8 in his GT PP, then got himself a GT350 and it too had engine trouble, so his wife told him to get something else to track. You see, when a car is labeled as "track" it should be able to do just that, track but between 2 people they've gone through 3 cars and these guys know how to drive their cars, ones been racing things with wheels since the 60's, he's 81 years young and my buddy here is a part time instructor at the local track, so no "Ya-hoo's" here. My other buddy in Tenn got rid of both his GT PP as well as his FoST because he's so pissed off at Ford for getting rid of cars that he voted with his pocket book. I'll give Ford credit here, they held out till the end for perf small cars, GM and Crysler or whatever they're calling themselves today, got out and turned their backs on us years ago, which is why many of us have looked elsewhere and found happiness in other makes, sorry, just how it is.

We've lost our way here (domestics) and IMO they're going to learn the hard way with this move to electric and autonomous s#itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? It has its place but we're years away, I mean where's the infrastructure, has the grid been upgraded since the blackout of 2003, etc? People buy these cars because of subsidies, a deal is a deal and they're still expensive after that....oh wait, I've gone far off of the rails here, maybe I should've just stuck with how Ford is trying to "Jedi mindtrick" its customers into thinking the Edge ST is a reasonable upgrade from the FoST, yeah right, $20K base ST to what, $42K base, top heavy SUV that has more room, AWD and horrible mileage, please.

Listen Monica, your car is great and it's the last of its breed, I'm glad you love it as you should What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, he got lemons... plain and simple. But that doesn’t mean Ford is all $hit.

Track cars? Yes, I agree they should be able to be driven on the track. Funny you bring this up as the Camaro’s airbags go off at 19 mph... this happened to a friend.

And the C7 tends to overheat in 15min.

We could go back and forth all night about car companies and the bad they sometimes produce.

I too am sad Ford is not making cars in the US anymore. I think it’s not the right move and therefore the RS will be my last Ford car I buy. Who knows what I get next.

My point is to not say a company is crap... I kind of take it personally. I have personal ties to Ford.
    And you know me Roger, I’m not a touchy girl. I’m no snowflake.

Fine Print: Roger and I are friends and are having an intelligent banter between us. It just happens to be online LOL
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

14. Likes PaulMys, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Couldn’t agree LESS...

The C7 was sold without both emergency brake cables...

But at least he didn’t buy a Chevy Colorado or ZL1 Camaro... both have self-deploying airbags that GM has refused to cover under warranty.

I’ve also never had to worry about how much weight my keychain had for fear of it shutting off the car.
    FYI- this was a class action lawsuit with my husband’s last car because GM didn’t include his vehicle in the recall... why? They are cheap and don’t care. That lawsuit was won btw.

Not to mention the fact that GM has a “death fund” for vehicle fatalities...

This is the 3rd Ford bash in a row that I’ve seen on here while I’m on here trying to read posts and positively contribute to this community, and I’m annoyed.
    I thought we were all car enthusiasts?
    Would be nice if everyone gave me the same respect as I give them. We all have companies we like and dislike but we don’t need to air it out on here.
    I don't think there was anything aimed at you. Your RS is great. Every car company has their issues and some people have their personal preferences and most of the time people just like taking jobs at "rival" car companies for fun.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Yup, he got lemons... plain and simple. But that doesn’t mean Ford is all $hit.

Track cars? Yes, I agree they should be able to be driven on the track. Funny you bring this up as the Camaro’s airbags go off at 19 mph... this happened to a friend.

And the C7 tends to overheat in 15min.

We could go back and forth all night about car companies and the bad they sometimes produce.

I too am sad Ford is not making cars in the US anymore. I think it’s not the right move and therefore the RS will be my last Ford car I buy. Who knows what I get next.

My point is to not say a company is crap... I kind of take it personally. I have personal ties to Ford.
    And you know me Roger, I’m not a touchy girl. I’m no snowflake.

Fine Print: Roger and I are friends and are having an intelligent banter between us. It just happens to be online LOL
    It's all good Monica, I've got ties to GM as my late Dad worked there for 35 years and since the purchase of my first new car, a 2000 Ford Contour SVT, I haven't had the desire to buy a single GM car, some I just can't afford but others there was ZERO as an option.

The big 3 or big 2 or whatever they're called today need to get their heads out of their arses and get it together. The next 5 years are going to be interesting as my buddy Hectour and I have said a number of times that one of the original big 3 are going to go bye-bye and it's not people like me who buy foreign cars fault either. For what I want, GM, Ford or Chrysler don't make what I'm looking for, periodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 252 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 152202242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262302352752 ... LastLast