autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Well I'm exhausted got it all cleaned up. Was actually going to pull it out and drive somewhere to get some glamour shots but was dead.

Now this is just basically a place holder and more of a deep clean than an actual detail. I noticed today that the water spots are pretty atrocious, especially in the roof. The paint the gloss trim and the sunroof are hammered. There's a bit of staining in regards to the paint. Nothing that can't be cleaned up it just means I have a lot of work to do in the future. As far as protection goes at this point I just went quick and easy. Used Opti Seal as a drying aid and then followed up with Optimum Car Wax.

Not totally pleased but it looks 100X better now than it did this morning.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 finger, 3 finger.

I had my brother stitch up some squares I cut from a 16x16 CarPro microsuede
    I will use them to coat my sisters new wheels, or at least one of them.

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I observed paint attached to awesome cars this morning, monthly Winnetka ILL cars and coffee, enjoy the pics, especially the silver 67' Corvette Sting Ray, the REAL DEAL!

Btw I added my car in here for the hell of it along with a 64' MB 230SL "Pagoda" in disrepair, what a gut punch but as you can see I included a 71' 280SL "Pagoda" that put a big smile on my face. Talked to the owner and it just had its interior completely replaced, "factory fresh".

How about the Lancia Delta Intergrale that looked like it just did a rally stage, dirt completely acceptable here (hopefully its soon washed though, LOL) BMW 2002 turbo, what else can you say but WOW. That Austin-Healy in black, painted black wires and NO bumpers....I could go on and on but instead, enjoyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes SWETM, MadMerc, bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome cars Klasse Act!

You could believe you where at a european car meet.

Here in Sweden when you get 16 years old you get to being practice driving with a mentor. Until you gets 18 and can do the drivers test and the written test for your drivers licens. When I started to practice driving my mom had a Mercedes 280SE the 4 doors sedan from 1973. I'm amazed as what the looks on it was so modern for being so old. My uncle had several of the Mercedes 190d from that time too and had a MB 230 4 doors sedan from 1985 I think it was at the time I was practice driving. Had myself a MB 230 sedan from 1984 for a year or so in my early 20's. And there has been more MB in the family as DD during the years.

I did a thorough research on the Lancia Integrale in the beginning of 2000 when I was looking for a little more expensive car than I was used to have. Sadly the street versions had many problems and the parts where hard to get and expensive. Looked at 4 wheel drive turbos as when the winter months comes here in Sweden it's both much safer and much more fun driving with 4 wheel drive. Was looking at used cars around the 1990 modell years. And got me an Audi S4 1992 with the 5 cylinder turbo engine. Had a blast with that car. It had the unusual UFO brakes on the front wheels. The caliper grips the brake rotor from the inside instead of the usual outside. This gets you to have a larger rotor diameter and very effective brakes it was. The rotor wash made with a safety cage so if something happens the brake pads did not fly off LOL. It looked like you had a steel rim and a wheel cover but it was aluminum wheels on it. If I ever get the money on lottery or something I would buy an Audi UR-Quattro with the turbo 5cyl and 4-wheel drive it's a rally legend from the Group B WRC era during the 80's as the Integrale was.

Thanks for shareing your pictures from the car meet!

Post Thanks / Like

This is for you Tony, same cars and coffee from last year....WE LOVE GROUPE B! The cars and drivers were modern day gladiators!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes DetailKitty, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Well I'm exhausted got it all cleaned up. Was actually going to pull it out and drive somewhere to get some glamour shots but was dead.

Now this is just basically a place holder and more of a deep clean than an actual detail. I noticed today that the water spots are pretty atrocious, especially in the roof. The paint the gloss trim and the sunroof are hammered. There's a bit of staining in regards to the paint. Nothing that can't be cleaned up it just means I have a lot of work to do in the future. As far as protection goes at this point I just went quick and easy. Used Opti Seal as a drying aid and then followed up with Optimum Car Wax.

Not totally pleased but it looks 100X better now than it did this morning.

Well it’s looking great already!
    Congrats! Good choice
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

No glamour shots, but I cleaned up the RS for our local car show last night.
    Another nice turnout and nice weather... little hot but better than getting rained out.

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

12. Likes Klasse Act, VISITOR, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Well it’s looking great already!
    Congrats! Good choice
    Sadly not great. If I took some close up shots you would see BUT it's far better than it was, but thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Sadly not great. If I took some close up shots you would see BUT it's far better than it was, but thanks!

You need to update your avatar now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    You need to update your avatar now
    Lol good point. Never crossed my mind. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 245 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 145195235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255295345745 ... LastLast