autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Just a simple and quick rinseless wash with GG Brilliant RR yesterday. I was using UWW+ for years and loved it but since I recoated my Allroad I decided to heed the advice from Esoteric and don't uses anything with gloss enhancers, waxes, etc. Why coat a good product with a lessor one? Never used it before and bought the GG's RR after reading up on it and checking the reviews. Went on easily of coarse and worked well. When I bought it a few weeks ago, apparently I ordered quantity 2 in error and was thinking I'd be stuck if I did not like it. After using it just once, I'm glad I got the second bottle. As usual, another fine product from GG's.

2. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob M, glad you had a great experience right off the bat with this product, I did too and for whatever reason it's not getting any attention here, not enough of the "hype machine" operators getting behind it, that or probably the actual reason, it's in a sea of similar products, similar until you find out it's just a pure cleaner AND cheaper than Mckee's IIRCWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

4 day work week-end for me. Friday was easy, just an exterior detail with tar removal. Took 3 hours to do. Yesterday was a long day, ceramic coating on a Lexus RX350 with 1 step polish and 3 hours of scratch removal. Took about 11 hours to do it all. Today was an other ceramic coating job, on a Volkswagen GTI with 1 step polish and just under an hour of scratch removal and paint touchup. Tomorrow is an other ceramic coating job, this one on an Audi S5 Sport, the car is new so owner decided against any polishing (can't wait to see the paint, I bet it's already swirled up), I will have to remove 2 scratches on it... and very likelly polish LOL

Can't wait for tuesday to come around so I can take a break. 2 shows I am planning to see this week: Tuesday, Def Leppard and Wednesday, Heart.

Client for Thursday called to cancel. So there is a slight possibility I will have a 3 day break Not holding my breath....

5. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Bob M, glad you had a great experience right off the bat with this product, I did too and for whatever reason it's not getting any attention here, not enough of the "hype machine" operators getting behind it, that or probably the actual reason, it's in a sea of similar products, similar until you find out it's just a pure cleaner AND cheaper than Mckee's IIRCWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Actually, your's was one of the reviews that tipped my hand - thanks. GG does not do a good enough job at promoting it. Look at their page for wash products - this RR wash is not even listed.
    Washes

- Griot's Garage

If you weren't aware of this product before you would remain unaware unless you heard about it elsewhere.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it’s as good as 914 maybe a slight edge in The WW category. The need to have other ratios listed to use like 914 and I think it would be more popular. Griots it’s leading more with their rinseless wash and wax at its synergizes better with their products better. Sop pose to work great with the boss spray waxes and detailers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As Roger stated above it was hot today. My mom stopped by after church and while she and the family were in the cool house I was out in the sauna (garage). Air temp 90 + 74 dew point made for 100* heat index. I foamed mom’s Corolla with GG Foaming Prep Wash then rinsed and foamed again. Her car sits out 24/7 and sure shows it. Car was washed with CarPro Reset then rinsed again.

Hmmmmmmm. The BeadMaker on top of Dr. Beasley’s Formula 1201 Paint Coating had utterly failed; no beading, no sheeting, nothing. Car was clay toweled with wash water for lubrication the rinsed again, still no sheeting or beading.

At this point I was soaked through with sweat but pushed on. I used TW S&S for a drying aid then knocked off for a cold shower and lunch with mom, older brother and my family. After burgers & hot dogs on the grill for lunch and time for proper digestion I went back out and applied TW S&S per manufacturer instructions. They say to use a damp MF towel in case of streaking which works great. Glass got coated with Stoner’s Rain Repellent and tires got Adam’s Tire Shine. Wheels got CarPro Hydro then I went back in for more cool air.

Only a couple of pics as we were getting mom to go home before the thunderstorms arrived. We ended getting nothing but right after she arrived home she said the clouds opened up.

Obligatory Merlin shot:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

10. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, SWETM, Diner, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used this small steamer for the first time. Wow. I'll be using it a lot more.

It's a floor steamer with small hose and attachments. This is the only attachment I used.
    Steamed and vacuumed the Tundra getting it ready for a week long trip to Orlando

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Likes VISITOR, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah it’s as good as 914 maybe a slight edge in The WW category. The need to have other ratios listed to use like 914 and I think it would be more popular. Griots it’s leading more with their rinseless wash and wax at its synergizes better with their products better. Sop pose to work great with the boss spray waxes and detailers.

So what ratio works best for WW because I don't think its listed, just the 1 oz per gallon for the RWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So what ratio works best for WW because I don't think its listed, just the 1 oz per gallon for the RWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It is double the amount of wash in the rinseless vs mckees 914. So I just went with that same ratio and use a 1/2oz as waterless. I usually use a tad more. Half way to 3/4 oz in my tiny measuring cup. Try it and share your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Timed myself this morning to see how fast I could do a decent waterless wash and spray wax, including doing the wheels with the waterless and wax. 25 and half minutes. Not bad. I didn't do the interior. Just the top, body, and wheels. Used a lot of microfiber, but it came out well.

Griots waterless wash and Griots best in class spray wax.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-waterless7-15-19-jpg
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

16. Likes oneheadlite, SWETM liked this post
Page 233 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 133183223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243283333733 ... LastLast