autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So buddy Hectour offered to install my enclosed intake on my car today, it was 91 according to Doppler ES, so as I always do, he wrenches on my car and I get to soapin' and rinsin'. This is his wife's ride, a 2018 Toyota CH-R and they just got back yesterday from a round trip to Gatlinburg/Tail of the Dragon trip, so about 1200 miles total. The car didn't look too bad, besides the bugs. I did a Meg's HCW @5:1 right before the trip and then a TAC system Water Glass application ontop of that and that double coat made the wash go VERY easy!

For pre-wash I used a Chemical Guys foam gun and 2 ounces of Honeydew, used the entire tank of solution too and rinsed. For the 2 bucket wash i used CarPro Essence, just a rock solid performer always. My buddy has a nice base of products here, I didn't have to bring anything but I did use P&S Brake Buster on those gloss black wheel inserts and barrels. As you can see in the pic, I need to wipe the tires, I see brown but then again I didn't scrub them, I assumed they'd come clean by spray and wipe....NOPE!

Oh wait....my intake is now installed, BREAKING NEWSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Intake pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hooked up my brothers Ford F 150 for his Birthday today.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Before:

After:

4. Likes SWETM, Finick, astro, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So ended up lightly wiping engine bay down and dressing with hyper dressing at 4:1. Interior got a vac and wipe. Door jambs got wiped down and hit with BF synthetic wax. Exterior got rinseless with ONRWW. Added more onr to bucket and used towel to presoak area prior to clay. Used nanoskin sponge med grade and 3m perfect it clay where we removed some company logos off good and tailgate. Once done he used the swirl killer mini with orange pads and HDSpeed and got around the door handles and pillars. I used the boss21 and gg6 to hit everywhere else with orange pad and HDSpeed. Went back later and wiped off and then put some PNS down. Really like the stuff but definitely grabby. Made that pint look nice though. He decided against cleaning wheels/tires/wells. Trim didn’t get dressed as he was changing parts in a few days and said not worth it.
    12hrs with lunch and stopping to explain and demonstrate a lot. Have a van and new work truck to do for him. Sound like he wants some cancoat action after seeing hydroblue in action on my truck.

After a
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1025-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1026-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1027-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1028-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1029-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1030-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1031-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1032-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars and Coffee this morning from Winnetka ILL

Been going to this particular C&C for a couple years now and EVERY show makes me say WOW and something I've never seen before, the streak continues! How about that Lotus Elan Sprint, INCREDIBLE car! Next up is that dark blue Jag XJ coupe, that in and of itself is RARE, but when you add in V12 AND manual, well, rare takes on a whole new meaningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?These were the 2 standouts for me and no, I didn't miss the Lancia Delta Intergrale EVO 2 next to the Elan, saw that at another one of the host clubs event last Oct, I was even wearing one of my Blipshift shirts with the exact car on it, I have pics of it too!

EnjoyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes MadMerc, astro, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another happy couple with their car detailed.

Polished with 3D One compound, Polish Angel Master Sealant applied the night before then top with Black Label Synergy Wax the next day.

Dashboard and Interior detailed with 303 Aerospace Protectant. Tires cleaned and coated, wheel cleaned and Waxed.

They brought me a six pack of Japanese beer from Okinawa as token of appreciation. It was pretty good.

10. Likes Klasse Act, UncleDavy, SWETM, astro, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    Another happy couple with their car detailed.

Polished with 3D One compound, Polish Angel Master Sealant applied the night before then top with Black Label Synergy Wax the next day.

Dashboard and Interior detailed with 303 Aerospace Protectant. Tires cleaned and coated, wheel cleaned and Waxed.

They brought me a six pack of Japanese beer from Okinawa as token of appreciation. It was pretty good.

Very nice...my daughters boyfriend has the same car but in black that looks like it was never maintained...ever! I'm thinking about detailing it for him (mainly for my practice, he's a decent guy...but) but was curious if you would consider it on the harder or softer side?

Thanks
    Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Very nice...my daughters boyfriend has the same car but in black that looks like it was never maintained...ever! I'm thinking about detailing it for him (mainly for my practice, he's a decent guy...but) but was curious if you would consider it on the harder or softer side?

Thanks
    Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I think I would consider it to be on the hard side. HTH. cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up and reorganized my stuff from yesterday’s detail. Waiting on towels dry and need to clean pads. Hung my griots polisher rack and put the polishers on it. Also tried my sun joe pressure washer with the flexzilla hose. FlexIlla sure says it works...I hate when it’s wrong. So I have a $70 hose to collect dust now. Same thread but the orings do not seal and water sprays everywhere at both ends. Pretty fruatrating. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1040-jpg

14. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been a while since I posted and I miss you guys. I had some injuries this month that kept me away from detailing but I am back in the swing of things. The wife’s Buick got full paint correction and topped of with Mothers CMX. I picked it up yesterday at the Mothers’ booth at Barrett-Jackson. It went on easily and it removed easily.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

16. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, PaulMys, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    It has been a while since I posted and I miss you guys. I had some injuries this month that kept me away from detailing but I am back in the swing of things. The wife’s Buick got full paint correction and topped of with Mothers CMX. I picked it up yesterday at the Mothers’ booth at Barrett-Jackson. It went on easily and it removed easily.

Glad your ok now!

I've gotta be honest, CMX has literally been put on the back shelf. With everything else I've been using from Turtle Wax, DPC, IGL, etc I'm not sure when I'll ever get around to it.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

18. Likes TTQ B4U, astro liked this post
Page 221 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 121171211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231271321721 ... LastLast