autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Is that a thing people do, mix up rinseless wash and keep it around for days? It doesn't go flat like regular soap?
    I've never had any issues doing this. As I said,I'll use the old stuff on my beater HHR or maybe dirty wheels and wheel wells of my other vehicles. I paid 10k new for my HHR and it is a work and rainy weather car. I ain't worried about scratching it.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong,but I never use up all of my solution in one wash. I make 3.5 to 4 gallons most every time,and I wind up with a little leftover When I use it,I have less of Ech2o leftover than any other product I use. I had washed two vehicles with the McKees so I had nearly a full bucket of solution. I'm not throwing that much out.

Post Thanks / Like

You havnt heard about it!? You are slacking!😜😜😜

Supposed to be repel pollen and dust while producing an amazing shine. Time will tell. The Soul is currently protected by Moonlight and Quartz max and it still added some gloss.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Started on buddies 02 chevy 2500. Has the lb7 duramax. Interior vacuum and wipe down, engine bay wipe down, rinseless and then clay, polish and gonna use PNS. Doesn’t want engine bay crazy. Just wipe down and dress. He is also helping so I left that to him. Having him do the door jambs as well. Going to rinseless the wheels. He doesn’t want to break out the hose.

BeforesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1015-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1016-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1017-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1018-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1019-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1020-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1021-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1022-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1023-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1024-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DETAILROOKIE, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Is that a thing people do, mix up rinseless wash and keep it around for days? It doesn't go flat like regular soap?
    I do it with n-914 and has been fine. I have a gamma seal lid on it and give it a few good shakes and let it settle while cleaning wheels (45 min to hour) and works fine. Usually make new batch after 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

***New tire product update***

So the product has been on the tires for about 5 hrs now and this is how they look now. Remember I sprayed it directly onto the tires to let it dry:

Btw, AG will surely carry this as the brand IS sold hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Also...enhanced, for your pleasure, just the auto setting however it is, I'm not smart enough to adjust it past this or don't feel the NEED too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To you guys who mix rinseless well in advance, are you using tap water or distilled? If I’m making a detail spray or waterless wash I mix with distilled water and never have issues. If I mix rinseless in say a 5 gallon with gamma lid and use tap water, it seems to “spoil” on me within a week. This is with most any rinseless I’ve tried including ONR and N914.

It may be the water hardness at my place and wonder if this happens to others or not based on that?
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

After cleaning the leather in my wife’s car earlier this week I started the conditioning process.

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

10. Likes derek0609, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So buddy Hectour offered to install my enclosed intake on my car today, it was 91 according to Doppler ES, so as I always do, he wrenches on my car and I get to soapin' and rinsin'. This is his wife's ride, a 2018 Toyota CH-R and they just got back yesterday from a round trip to Gatlinburg/Tail of the Dragon trip, so about 1200 miles total. The car didn't look too bad, besides the bugs. I did a Meg's HCW @5:1 right before the trip and then a TAC system Water Glass application ontop of that and that double coat made the wash go VERY easy!

For pre-wash I used a Chemical Guys foam gun and 2 ounces of Honeydew, used the entire tank of solution too and rinsed. For the 2 bucket wash i used CarPro Essence, just a rock solid performer always. My buddy has a nice base of products here, I didn't have to bring anything but I did use P&S Brake Buster on those gloss black wheel inserts and barrels. As you can see in the pic, I need to wipe the tires, I see brown but then again I didn't scrub them, I assumed they'd come clean by spray and wipe....NOPE!

Oh wait....my intake is now installed, BREAKING NEWSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have finished the paint work on the 1969 Corvette. I've made a 1st pass at the chrome wheels and bumpers, but I need to hit them again since it has been neglected for a while. I have had this Corvette for about 22 years.

I am pleased with the detail. I used Omni waterless wash and prepped the paint with Black Fire Paint Prep. Since it is just a driver, I applied Black Fire One Step using a URO-Tech white pad and followed up with Black Fire SI02 Sealant about 3 hours later. Buffer is a cordless Flex "Finisher".

Looks fine to me. A definite improvement:
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-1969-corvette-left-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-1969-corvette-front-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-1969-corvette-right-jpg

Tomorrow, I'll finish the chrome wheels and clean up/polish the luggage rack and hardware and get that back installed.

Cheers! Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Really NICE 'Vette!

Great job, man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 220 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 120170210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228229230270320720 ... LastLast