autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

About to get started here....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Using the IK Foam 9 I decided to use CG's BlackLight radiant finish carwash soap for the pre-washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Yeah I kind of sit in the same camp. The difference between rinsing my car down with my pressure washer vs my hose, worx, or doing a presoak is pretty astounding. The pressure washer just does such a good job.

Just a good thorough rinse so far has been enough that my wash mitts don’t even really pick up any dirt. Knocks all the bigger debris off, and whatever doesn’t come off probably wouldn’t have come off anyways. I think the big exception is pre wash foams from places like the UK, where they seem to be a more developed market and not just regular old car soaps being used for that purpose.

I’ll likely buy a cheapie foam cannon just to play around with foaming, but if the difference between something like ONR and a car soap is so insignificant, my 1 gallon garden sprayer can get around my car pretty quick for a presoak if I really wanted to do so What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

When it really comes down to it though, I’m just interested in rinsing the car and getting to washing it. Adding more steps just seems tiresome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The most effective prewash foam available on AGO I think is Gyeon Foam and gtechnic w4 citrus foam. Maybe the GG Surface Wash is more like what I call prewash foam. But even with a prewash foam or a pretreatment with a suitable degreaser. The PW is what is doing the heavy lifting with cleaning. If you use it as a cleaning tool and not like the ordinary hose rinse. And that's useing the water pressure from the PW to clean with on every part of the vehical you clean. And don't use the nozzle tip that gets you under the 1000psi that has been like a standard these days.

I have seen how your towels looks when you have done a waterless wash Eldo. Think with the favorite prewash foam I have and the PW before you do a waterless wash. You would have only a very little of that black soot and dirt you seem to have in your environment. Then if this kind of dirt don't marring your paint in the longrun it's not so important if you prewash or pretreat before contact wash. And that's is all that counts to do a safe wash. In my environment we have a lot of sand from gravel roads that gets out on the asphalt roads. And also during the winter months on some roads they use sand instead of road salt. If getting these in your wash media it's a high risk of marring and scratches from it. So by flushing them off and also desolve old rotten leaves that can trapp the sand corns is a way for a safer wash for me. Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube released a video a couple of weeks ago with a snow foam shootout. He mentions what I think of these prewash foams/snow foams pretty much. What you do see in the video about the cleaning ability is a real difference between the different products. Also foams has no cleaning ability from just the foam. The foam ads to so it's not drying on the paint as fast and gives you a longer dwell time. Which is very important for some prewash foam to get over 5 minutes of dwell time at least and some up to 10 minutes to have a desolving ability that is effective. The winner in his test is also my favorite prewash foam. Before the prewash foam took of in popularity we did pretreat with degreasers to desolve as much as possible before the clean rinsing it off with the PW. So there are products to use as prewash without the foaming.

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just about done and it looks like another CG's soap has "clogged up" my LSP which is 2 month old 303 Touchless sealant as upon rinsing off the 2BM wash netted "marginal" beading. Funny thing is when I used the CG's BlackLight for the pre-wash and rinsed it off the beading was fine, just after the 2BM wash and rinse did I notice the reduced beading.

Now I need to wipe out the jams, dry the WeatherTechs and vac out the interior. Later I'll dress the tires with something TBD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Just about done and it looks like another CG's soap has "clogged up" my LSP which is 2 month old 303 Touchless sealant as upon rinsing off the 2BM wash netted "marginal" beading. Funny thing is when I used the CG's BlackLight for the pre-wash and rinsed it off the beading was fine, just after the 2BM wash and rinse did I notice the reduced beading.

Now I need to wipe out the jams, dry the WeatherTechs and vac out the interior. Later I'll dress the tires with something TBD.

The soap clogged your LSP? It's because you used the blacklight soap on a blue car! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s supposed to stop raining in a half hour...

Funny that weather looks better in PA than LA for once. 80 or so pretty much all week, low chance of rain but high chance of pollen.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Funny that weather looks better in PA than LA for once. 80 or so pretty much all week, low chance of rain but high chance of pollen.
    High chance of pollen? It actually says that? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Finally done!

So I cleaned the tires and wheels, used 303 Tire and Rubber for the tires and CG's Sticky Citrus for the rims, this is after a pre-wash with CG's BlackLight radiant carwash soap, same thing I used on the car. Next was a 2BM with a mix of a couple products, CG's BlackLight radiant carwash and P&S Pearl. See what I do is when I have leftover soap in the IK Foam 9 I dump it in my carwash bucket, or I dump it in my wheel cleaning bucket, which ever needs it. After I rinsed I dried with The Sucker and moved the car to a dry parking spot for a vac.

While washing the car I took out the WeatherTechs and soaked, dwelled and scrubbed them with the same stuff I used on the car, so I dried them and vac'd out the car too. Once i was done there i reached for Mckee's fast interior and did the dash, door panels and center console and tablet-style multimedia center, I really like Mckee's fast interior detailer, VERY good product, works great on the piano black bits too, just flip the towel for a final buff.

I'm going to keep an eye on the beading in the near future as I think yet another CG's carwash soap may have clogged up my LSP. In addition to that when I last washed and mini-detailed the wife's ride i dressed the tires with 303 Tire Balm and since then, about a week or so, its rained and I've noticed that the tires turned brown, noticed this on my own car when I dressed them with 303 Tire Balm. I don't get it because it doesn't do this all the time....thoughts anyoneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After her clean-up I initially dressed the tires with Soft99 BLACKBLACK, same thing I used on my car yesterday but when I moved her ride into its parking spot it needed more, so I pulled out the hammer...Gyeon Tire, BAM!

11. Likes PaulMys, MadMerc, JKDesign, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Is that not exactly the same process as foaming a dirty car down only to let it dwell and rinse it? I’d think ONR would do a better job than any standard car soap would, just because it’s designed to encapsulate and break the dirt down. If I’m not mistaken I’ve seen videos where people pre treat with ONR and car soap on adjacent panels and the results are pretty much identical. optimum themselves has one:

YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I'd say no because the carwash soaps, even used through my IK Foam 9 and not an actual foam cannon, will have the soap cling to the paint, thus letting it break things down better, I mean you can see the results in the foam on the ground, I know I did todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    The soap clogged your LSP? It's because you used the blacklight soap on a blue car! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Well done and great job. Question for you - I'm assuming you are in an apartment or condo with a dedicated parking space - how the heck do you have so much or so many parking spots to detail in?

Page 194 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 941441841851861871881891901911921931941951961971981992002012022032042442946941194 ... LastLast