autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I ordered some products during the AG Flash sale the other day:

-303 Touchless Sealant. This is going to be my 2nd 32 oz bottle and it's not only a GREAT product but quite a value, 32 ounces for $25.00, a win WIN here, hopefully everyone is buying/trying and continuing to use THIS product. It has been developed, tested, made, bottled and shipped from the U.S. (Chicago to be exact). Down in the Garage, out of the sun on just washed and rinsed car, I've sprayed the entire car down with this product AND THEN rinsed away. I applied this on my wife's Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross in early April and it's still beading very well. Her car isn't washed nearly as much as mine is but this is even more of a testament to this product.

-5 of The Rag Compnies Eagle edgeless 500 GSM microfiber towels. I've been told how great these towels are, some saying even better than DPC's Jack towels, I'm going to keep an open mind. My first use of these will probably be during a WW, evaluate and then move onto during a RW. IMO these thicker edgeless mf towels provide great protection when doing a WW and its primarily what I use THESE towels for, stay "tuned".

-P&S wheel cleaner. Now based off of great, great experiences with Beadmaker and Pearl soap, I decided to step and try their wheel cleaner. I tried to buy the gallon because like all the other P&S products the gallon size offers up the BEST value but it was out of stock here, probably because it's so great. The reviews I've read have been very positive and it has an anti-rusting ingredient in it as well, we'll see how that works. If it works as good as advertised, once my CG's maintenance wheel cleaners are emptied out, I'll have a new go to for maintenance (still have Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner for the REAL dirtied rims)

Looking forward to trying the 2 of 3 new products to meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s supposed to stop raining in a half hour...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So you use the Worx hydroshot for pre-treating, do you spray down the entire car and then do one panel at a time with your soaking towelsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I'm kinda thinking you don't because I'd think the product would dry out by the time you got around to the other side of the car, or maybe you just spray moreWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Most of the time if I pre treat with the worx I'll just hit the lower area or any area that is a bit more dirty. Just using water though I've never shot any kind of solution through the Worx. I know some people have/do but I've not. So yeah depending on the dirtiness I will pre treat with a RW solution, let dwell for a bit and rinse with the Worx. OR say if it's very dirty like in the winter time I will use Power Clean or 3D Citrus at 5•1 let dwell and rinse off before going into my RW method.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Most of the time if I pre treat with the worx I'll just hit the lower area or any area that is a bit more dirty. Just using water though I've never shot any kind of solution through the Worx. I know some people have/do but I've not. So yeah depending on the dirtiness I will pre treat with a RW solution, let dwell for a bit and rinse with the Worx. OR say if it's very dirty like in the winter time I will use Power Clean or 3D Citrus at 5•1 let dwell and rinse off before going into my RW method.

Power Clean in the winter timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?, that weakens or even strips the protection you do have. Spraying the RW onto the car, letting it dwell to only have it rinsed off seems like a waste IMO.

Let me run this by you to see if you like the idea. For dirty cars and/or winter use. Make a slightly stronger ratio of RW and make extra, say 4-4.5 gallons of cleaning solution. Dunk your sprayer in the mix and spray the hell out of each section at a time. Then take a towel you've had soaking in the solution and clean the section/panel, rolling away the section of the towel giving you a clean section to work with, no matter how much smaller that area is, use the square fully, you have 8 of themWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thoughts....

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Power Clean in the winter timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?, that weakens or even strips the protection you do have. Spraying the RW onto the car, letting it dwell to only have it rinsed off seems like a waste IMO.

Let me run this by you to see if you like the idea. For dirty cars and/or winter use. Make a slightly stronger ratio of RW and make extra, say 4-4.5 gallons of cleaning solution. Dunk your sprayer in the mix and spray the hell out of each section at a time. Then take a towel you've had soaking in the solution and clean the section/panel, rolling away the section of the towel giving you a clean section to work with, no matter how much smaller that area is, use the square fully, you have 8 of themWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thoughts....

Power clean at the very weak dilution I use it at isn't causing too much of a problem. Products like ONR and the like are so cheap that I don't have an issue if it's a "waste"

And yes this is what I do.

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Washed" the fuel trucks today at drill. I'm half tempted to bring my detail gear with me and have at it

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Spraying the RW onto the car, letting it dwell to only have it rinsed off seems like a waste IMO.
    Is that not exactly the same process as foaming a dirty car down only to let it dwell and rinse it? I’d think ONR would do a better job than any standard car soap would, just because it’s designed to encapsulate and break the dirt down. If I’m not mistaken I’ve seen videos where people pre treat with ONR and car soap on adjacent panels and the results are pretty much identical. optimum themselves has one:

YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Is that not exactly the same process as foaming a dirty car down only to let it dwell and rinse it? I’d think ONR would do a better job than any standard car soap would, just because it’s designed to encapsulate and break the dirt down. If I’m not mistaken I’ve seen videos where people pre treat with ONR and car soap on adjacent panels and the results are pretty much identical. optimum themselves has one:

YouTube

Call me crazy, but watching that video is enough to validate my belief that a pre spray with rinseless wash solution prior to a rinseless wash is mostly unnecessary.

Why? Well besides the fact that my lsp is already going to allow the dirt to easily glide off once the soaking wet BRS comes in contact with the paint... We just saw the video and it showed how rinseless wash was equal to foam gun when both were sprayed with a pressure washer. And if you’re like me, you pretty much know that nearly all of the removal of the dirt on that pre rinse was in thanks to the pressure washer. The foam is mostly there for visual gratification and in reality it does little to nothing in regards to the removal of dirt & traffic film unless it’s physically agitated with wash media.

Yes, I know it’s not an exact comparison between a pre rinse with a power washer vs. a pre spray before a rinseless wash... But it’s close enough for it to make sense. At least it does to me.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Plus, if you read the label of Megs D114, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate, McKee’s N-914, etc... Nowhere on the label does it mention or even recommend doing a pre spray before the rinseless wash. If it was necessary, you’d think maybe they’d recommend it?

12. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Call me crazy, but watching that video is enough to validate my belief that a pre spray with rinseless wash solution prior to a rinseless wash is mostly unnecessary.

Why? Well besides the fact that my lsp is already going to allow the dirt to easily glide off once the soaking wet BRS comes in contact with the paint... We just saw the video and it showed how rinseless wash was equal to foam gun when both were sprayed with a pressure washer. And if you’re like me, you pretty much know that nearly all of the removal of the dirt on that pre rinse was in thanks to the pressure washer. The foam is mostly there for visual gratification and in reality it does little to nothing in regards to the removal of dirt & traffic film unless it’s physically agitated with wash media.

Yes, I know it’s not an exact comparison between a pre rinse with a power washer vs. a pre spray before a rinseless wash... But it’s close enough for it to make sense. At least it does to me.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Plus, if you read the label of Megs D114, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash Concentrate, McKee’s N-914, etc... Nowhere on the label does it mention or even recommend doing a pre spray before the rinseless wash. If it was necessary, you’d think maybe they’d recommend it?
    Yeah I kind of sit in the same camp. The difference between rinsing my car down with my pressure washer vs my hose, worx, or doing a presoak is pretty astounding. The pressure washer just does such a good job.

Just a good thorough rinse so far has been enough that my wash mitts don’t even really pick up any dirt. Knocks all the bigger debris off, and whatever doesn’t come off probably wouldn’t have come off anyways. I think the big exception is pre wash foams from places like the UK, where they seem to be a more developed market and not just regular old car soaps being used for that purpose.

I’ll likely buy a cheapie foam cannon just to play around with foaming, but if the difference between something like ONR and a car soap is so insignificant, my 1 gallon garden sprayer can get around my car pretty quick for a presoak if I really wanted to do so What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

When it really comes down to it though, I’m just interested in rinsing the car and getting to washing it. Adding more steps just seems tiresome.

14. Likes Eldorado2k, SWETM, minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Yeah I kind of sit in the same camp. The difference between rinsing my car down with my pressure washer vs my hose, worx, or doing a presoak is pretty astounding. The pressure washer just does such a good job.

Just a good thorough rinse so far has been enough that my wash mitts don’t even really pick up any dirt. Knocks all the bigger debris off, and whatever doesn’t come off probably wouldn’t have come off anyways. I think the big exception is pre wash foams from places like the UK, where they seem to be a more developed market and not just regular old car soaps being used for that purpose.

I’ll likely buy a cheapie foam cannon just to play around with foaming, but if the difference between something like ONR and a car soap is so insignificant, my 1 gallon garden sprayer can get around my car pretty quick for a presoak if I really wanted to do so What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

When it really comes down to it though, I’m just interested in rinsing the car and getting to washing it. Adding more steps just seems tiresome.

Totally agree.

Page 193 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 931431831841851861871881891901911921931941951961971981992002012022032432936931193 ... LastLast