autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by georgeallen1 View Post
    I usually just prerinse with a worx and spray my RW then go to my soaked MF towels. I tested out the pressure washer + foam cannon before my rinseless to try a "safer" wash since its been longer than i'd like between my washes. Was trying to get rid of the worx.

Are you using your IK FOAM with a rinseless wash? If so, what are you filing it with and what are you rinsing it off with?
    I only use my IK Foam 9 with carwash soap, no RW or WW use there. When I do a RW and I pre-treat I use my 1000 ml Kwazzer, for WW I have a BlackFire hand pump sprayer, that thing is a great value! Also, when I use AMMO NYC Frothe WW, I use his designated foamer just for that. IMO the AMMO NYC Frothe is THE safest WW you can use on the marketWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I only use my IK Foam 9 with carwash soap, no RW or WW use there. When I do a RW and I pre-treat I use my 1000 ml Kwazzer, for WW I have a BlackFire hand pump sprayer, that thing is a great value! Also, when I use AMMO NYC Frothe WW, I use his designated foamer just for that. IMO the AMMO NYC Frothe is THE safest WW you can use on the marketWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

How long does it take you to rinse your car with the Hydroshot when you pre foam? How much water does it take to rinse?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    How long does it take you to rinse your car with the Hydroshot when you pre foam? How much water does it take to rinse?

I've never timed it but probably a little longer than a hose due to volume but as far as water I'd say about 3 gallons if I had to guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never timed it but probably a little longer than a hose due to volume but as far as water I'd say about 3 gallons if I had to guess.

Well yeah definitely longer than a hose. Overall though it rinses pretty easily though?

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I bought Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax and decided to try it out after watching a few reviews on YouTube.

I only recently picked up an obsession for car care and cleaning, so the car has, unfortunately, been neglected for the better part of a decade.

Anyways, I prepped with tar removal, white spirit based, and following that a two bucket wash. Rinsed and than used Koch fallout remover and a thorough rinse and drying followed.

Used a damp microfiber applicator, put a few sprits of MHCW and applied to the panels, buffed off immediately with edgeless microfiber towels.

The product is not designed, it seems, to be applied that way, as it streaked horribly and required insane amount of elbow grease to level and buff out.

But anyways, after a few hours of hard work I am pleased with the results. The product really does show incredible gloss and shine, and the car looks absolutely fantastic. It especially highlights all the years of neglect, but that is my fault.

So, my mini review of the product is good, all in all. To be fair the product isn't designed to be applied the way I did, which explains the streaking and insane work that went into it.

Attached, before and after shots.

Regards from Iceland.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

8. Likes MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Well yeah definitely longer than a hose. Overall though it rinses pretty easily though?

Yes, been using it for a while now, no problemsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

10. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hakon78 View Post
    So, I bought Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wax and decided to try it out after watching a few reviews on YouTube.

I only recently picked up an obsession for car care and cleaning, so the car has, unfortunately, been neglected for the better part of a decade.

Anyways, I prepped with tar removal, white spirit based, and following that a two bucket wash. Rinsed and than used Koch fallout remover and a thorough rinse and drying followed.

Used a damp microfiber applicator, put a few sprits of MHCW and applied to the panels, buffed off immediately with edgeless microfiber towels.

The product is not designed, it seems, to be applied that way, as it streaked horribly and required insane amount of elbow grease to level and buff out.

But anyways, after a few hours of hard work I am pleased with the results. The product really does show incredible gloss and shine, and the car looks absolutely fantastic. It especially highlights all the years of neglect, but that is my fault.

So, my mini review of the product is good, all in all. To be fair the product isn't designed to be applied the way I did, which explains the streaking and insane work that went into it.

Attached, before and after shots.

Regards from Iceland.

Looks like great results there, btw what type of Toyota is thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes hakon78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to the 1st major cars and coffee of the year today @ Collectors Car Garage and what a great What did you do today, in regards to detailing?day it was for it too! Here's a couple pics I took! Oh and btw Happy cinco De mayo, so we had to stop for some Mexican food after the show....

14. Likes MadMerc, hakon78, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like great results there, btw what type of Toyota is thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thanks!
    Toyota Avensis, purchasable everywhere except North America I believe.

I think the closest US counterpart is the Camry which, inturn, is not available in Europe. This was the second generation model of the Avensis, from 2003 - 2009. (Mine is 2008).

The newer models in my opinion (2009 onwards) don't have the same cool exterior as this generation.

Another picture for you.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Car looks great!
    I finally got around to applying the Meguiars to my fusion. I also used the damp applicator method, but I applied it to a wet panel, rinsed it off and then dried. This method seemed to work well for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

18. Likes hakon78, Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
Page 174 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 741241641651661671681691701711721731741751761771781791801811821831842242746741174 ... LastLast