autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Finicks review was good enough to convince me... But I’m currently debating on whether or not to buy a special emblem for my car for $40 bucks, so something like a $25 sponge will have to wait.
    Let’s see the emblem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Finicks review was good enough to convince me... But I’m currently debating on whether or not to buy a special emblem for my car for $40 bucks, so something like a $25 sponge will have to wait.

PM me your address and I will send you mine. I used it once , maybe twice.

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, Coatingsarecrack, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Let’s see the emblem!

I’m in the process of buying new emblems to replace every single 1 of them on car. I’ll reveal once I get them all and put them on.

In the meantime I’m de badging.

6. Likes PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    PM me your address and I will send you mine. I used it once , maybe twice.
    Thank you.

8. Likes spazzz, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure thing

10. Likes Eldorado2k, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went out today to clean up my weathertech floor liners with my 303 tire cleaner, which worked pretty well. No pictures, but I’m sure you can imagine a dirty floor mat and then a clean one.

While I was out there I also decided to do two rounds of cleaning on the tires of my work van.

Overall I think the 303 tire cleaner does a good job. I’m sure in the 178k miles the tires on this van have never been cleaned by anyone, so it was a pretty extreme case. Really the only areas that look bad still are in the grooves. I think if your tires aren’t jacked up then this stuff will work amazingly well. Tires like this could’ve benefited from something a bit stronger for the initial clean. Like straight power clean or the degreaser that rhymes with duper spleen.

Alternatively I could probably just spend more time purposefully scrubbing in the direction of all the ridges, but I’m very lazy.

I also used it on the first round of cleaning to hit the hub cap, which also came out decent.

12. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a weekend warrior in this world, my schedule fills up fast and yet I still enjoy doing more and more. Thus by popular demand of people I interface with on various forums and previous customers, I've put together a package geared for people who are selling their vehicles and want to get them more presentable without investing in the costs associated with detail package that involves machine polishing something they don't plan to own much longer. It's a savings of about 30% off my Basic Clean & Protect Package offering that for those who want a little more, takes the clean up that much further. That's a package I've normally targeted towards sale vehicles, but it's been hit or miss and the time involved is more.

The nice thing about my new package is I can do them during the week in the evenings after my day job provided I'm in town of course....and turn them back anytime the very next day. Good cash-flow, efficient use of my time and a per-hour rate that stays where I want it to be. Win-win for all. Now let's see how the first few go.

Also, today was detail laundry day. So after a day of work, I got the washers going with a few loads in prep for a 5yr BMW coming to me tomorrow for detail on Saturday. Pics of that one soon!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Likes SWETM, Coatingsarecrack, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Upgraded my garage wash bucket setups

I've hade the buckanizers for a few months and really enjoy them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

16. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, Eldorado2k, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Went out today to clean up my weathertech floor liners with my 303 tire cleaner, which worked pretty well. No pictures, but I’m sure you can imagine a dirty floor mat and then a clean one.

While I was out there I also decided to do two rounds of cleaning on the tires of my work van.

Overall I think the 303 tire cleaner does a good job. I’m sure in the 178k miles the tires on this van have never been cleaned by anyone, so it was a pretty extreme case. Really the only areas that look bad still are in the grooves. I think if your tires aren’t jacked up then this stuff will work amazingly well. Tires like this could’ve benefited from something a bit stronger for the initial clean. Like straight power clean or the degreaser that rhymes with duper spleen.

Alternatively I could probably just spend more time purposefully scrubbing in the direction of all the ridges, but I’m very lazy.

I also used it on the first round of cleaning to hit the hub cap, which also came out decent.

Did a pass with cooper Slean and 303 on diff tires before I coated. Worked about same but if I had to pick winner I would say 303. Stuffs da What did you do today, in regards to detailing?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Did a pass with cooper Slean and 303 on diff tires before I coated. Worked about same but if I had to pick winner I would say 303. Stuffs da What did you do today, in regards to detailing?!

I enjoy the 303. Definitely leaves tires much more black than something stronger like hooper bean. I’d never used a dedicated rubber cleaner before this, but I think they’re probably worth the space on the shelf.

I swear the tires on my Altima just looked a little better than usual after cleaning them with 303 and dressing them.

19. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 157 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 571071471481491501511521531541551561571581591601611621631641651661672072576571157 ... LastLast