autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My Master Blaster Sidekick took a dump today... But it didn’t just decide to quit, it literally started burning up in flamesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?while I was using it!!!

I quickly disconnected the extension cord and put the fire out. Good ole made in USA.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Way to show off! LOL
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain can't stop me now What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a long ass work week and some rain a couple days it was time to get after the car. Now the car was parked in the rain but it was so windy that it dried itself off, so I did a different kind of a wash here.

I started with the tires and wheels and for this I used 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and the 6 oz ratio of Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner. Now the tires weren't bad at all, just need a cleaning, same for the wheels but since I did a double coat of Sonax wheel shield last weekend the clean up was easy, just sprayed the Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner on all 4 wheels, let it dwell while I scrubbed the tires and simply rinsed off the wheels, no scrubbing needed. Now it was time for the carwash.

For this I used the IK Foam 9 where I had 1.5 ounces of AutoBrite Magifoam in there and just foamed the entire car down, including the tires and wheels (yes they were already clean, why not) and the wheelwells. I let it dwell for a bit and just rinsed the car off. The beading from DPC Armor @ 1:.5 ratio was INSANE! I dried the entire car with one of his Sucker towels and used my Master Blaster to dry the tires and wheels, door jams and crevices around the car, who doesn't like to use a tool like that, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished up by applying a coat of Adam's Tire Armor, I really wanna like this product, I really do, I guess we'll seeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh and BTW if you see these pics Eldo, check out the beading shot from the 1st pic, the wheel...remember what you said about wheels and how they don't really bead up alot, blow that pic upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes panthershark, SWETM, jmnral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I cleaned the wheels, spare included, on my FJ Cruiser using Bowden's Wheely Clean, then sealed them with Concours Energise Crystal Seal. To test the longevity of the sealant, and to see if I can get some serious beading.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

10. Likes SWETM, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Uh oh. Hope it’s under warranty
    It comes with a “1yr. Limited Warranty” so there won’t be a free replacement even though for having nearly blown up in my face I’d say I sure as heck deserve 1... I haven’t spoke to them yet but I plan on calling them Monday and will update you guys on how their customer service is.

I can say this: It appears they knowingly made this tool defective because there’s so many signs that point to it eventually becoming a hazard to use and in hindsight I’m not surprised it nearly blew up in my face.

Check out the warning label on the back of the machine.
    “Replace damaged cord Immediately”

They freaking know this machine comes with a shoddy cord that can become a hazard!
    Plus when you go to their website they sell the cords, how convenient... What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Then of course they say they’ll fix it for you but you have to pay to ship it to them + pay for the parts, and likely the labor too, all at your inconvenience. Thank you made in USA.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I’ll eat my words if their customer service turns out to live up to “American” standards. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I dried the car and used my Master Blaster to dry the tires and wheels, door jams and crevices around the car, who doesn't like to use a tool like that, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Yea, until it nearly blows up in your face.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?Literally. Lol.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sucks that happened but remember people are putting these things together and making the parts, sh!t happens. I would try contacting them via the telephone machine or an email and see where that goes. I know this, if Griot's Garage sold something that it would get replaced for free but everyone isn't Griots....oh yeah, an American company tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It sucks that happened but remember people are putting these things together and making the parts, sh!t happens. I would try contacting them via the telephone machine or an email and see where that goes. I know this, if Griot's Garage sold something that it would get replaced for free but everyone isn't Griots....oh yeah, an American company tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This really sucks... I’ve got a brand new Honda Accord to detail in a couple hours and it’s got a piano black grill along with gloss black wheels and many other bits that I needed my blower for.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I’m contemplating cleaning out my Ridgid vac including the hose and using its blower but that will chew up valuable time before the sun comes out and it’s supposed to be 76 degrees today so I don’t have time to mess around.

Plus I have to use it for actual vacuuming which I normally do 1st...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This really sucks... I’ve got a brand new Honda Accord to detail in a couple hours and it’s got a piano black grill along with gloss black wheels and many other bits that I needed my blower for.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I’m contemplating cleaning out my Ridgid vac including the hose and using its blower but that will chew up valuable time before the sun comes out and it’s supposed to be 76 degrees today so I don’t have time to mess around.

Plus I have to use it for actual vacuuming which I normally do 1st...
    Corded leaf blowers are a cheap solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Corded leaf blowers are a cheap solution.
    1 way or another I’m getting another Sidekick... I found a deal for $87 brand new free shipping no tax. I’m holding off until I hear what Metro tells me on Monday.

It’s just too bad these things aren’t made in China.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

Page 145 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 45951351361371381391401411421431441451461471481491501511521531541551952456451145 ... LastLast