autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Cleaned up my dad's old Genesis and topped it with Beadmaker. Pollen is so bad I had to keep blowing before I applied breadmaker. By the time I closed the garage door, it was covered in pollen again. Cant wait for this to be over!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes VISITOR, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Rim shield is okay. Helps wheels clean up a bit easier but it lacks a true coatings ability to keep them clean.

Try a true coating. You'll love it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Just trying to use up the bottle, I've had it for 2 years now. I really only used it before road trips, especially the Dragon run because I would always clean the car once or twice while down there and ANYTHING was a big help on the front wheels especially! I'll probably just use the spray on, hose off products in the future, so easy to use every 4-6 weeksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I got my summer tire/wheel set ready for the SS. Adam’s Deep Wheel Cleaner on the wheels and Meguiar’s D143 on the tires. Scrubbed the tires three times to be sure they were ready for McKee’s Tire Coating. Wheels then got cleaned with CarPro Tar X and washed with Griot’s Garage Foaming Surface Prep. Rinsed off, dried, then clayed with Mother’s yellow clay using Mother’s Detail Spray as a lube. Final rinse, then wiped down twice with IPA. After they air dried for a couple of hours I coated the wheels with GTechinq C5 Wheel Armor and put CarPro Perl on the tires. For the life of me I can’t find my McKee’s Tire Coating. I have a partial bottle and an unopened one. Looked in the garage then the basement then the trunk bag I use to move product from basement to garage and vice versa. Even looked in the SS trunk, nope, they’re gone.

After dinner I went in the garage, set the parking brake, chocked a wheel and placed the floor jack in position and went to loosen my first lug nut. Mind you I have a nice set of Matco tools, no Harbor Freight for me. That first nut was tight but that’s expected as the SS wheels are torqued to 140 lbs. Grabbed the 18” breaker bar and proceeded to snap my 1/2” socket drive like a chicken bone.

W. T. F?

Needless to say I am livid.

Looks like the dumb @$$ at my local Chevy dealership over torqued the wheels when they were rotated two weeks ago.

Lesson learned: if you want it done right you have to do it yourself. After my wife takes the SS to Discount Tire & they swap them for me I’ll do my own tire rotations and oil/ filter changes. Please note I’ve worked on cars my whole life: brake jobs, panel beating, tire rotations, tune ups (back in the day), rebuilt a few carburetors (also back in the day!), exhaust work and even an engine swap so, no, this ain’t my first rodeo!

Anyway this was just the icing on the cluster fu** cake that was my weekend. I’m seriously looking forward to going to the office tomorrow...
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

5. Likes Klasse Act, minerigger, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I saw a little "smudge" when I was down in the Garage earlier doing the glass coating/wheel coating, it was on the hood and I decided to come down here and wipe it away. For this I used my DPC Sio2 spray diluted 1.5) 1 part Sio2 spray and .5 part distilled water, so it was down to 7.5% Sio2 ratio. I did about 3 sprays into The Roman towel and a couple squirts just on the hood and wiped it in, then buffed with a plush mf towel that I think is some Microfiber Madness towel that turned pink in the wash many monthes ago, came out great! The temp down here is atleast 64 and what a difference for this product in THIS temp. Well you guys know me, did the entire car with it except the glass as the TAC system Rain Coat was applied earlier. It's now protected even further till i can do an all out paint correction and coating in a couple weeks (I HOPEWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

Had to take some beauty shots as well as the "Korean Audi" head on shotWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

HI!! My name is Roger, and I'm a Detalaholic.

HI, ROGER!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Klasse Act, derek0609, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I continued messing around with Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish... I did the headlights on the Tacoma with the Mothers and they came out as good as they can considering.

Before:

After:

Next I wanted to try the Mothers on the gauge cluster because as you can see it was all messed up.

Look at the improvement after a couple of quik applications of Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish applied with a microfiber applicator did.

I still need to go over the very bottom of it once more but wow what a difference. The Mothers Aluminum Polish is the bomb on plastic! I’ve never seen anything work this good!

Next I did an iron decon on the paint then a thorough bucket wash... But as I was drying I had a bunch of black streaks/dirt coming off onto my waffle weave. I knew the truck was dirty but I’ve never had that happen.

So it was time for a quik polish. I started with Megs D166 Ultra Polishing Wax AIO on the hood and the paint literally changed colors. Lol.

Here was the 1st pad after just the hood.

I used 6 pads and they were all that dirty after just 1 panel.

I ran out the D166 when it came time to polish the roof so I switched the Blackfire AIO. It worked phenomenal. Cleaned it just as nice and the wipe off was perfect.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Here’s a couple of after shots. I still need to do the plastic trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Good post, Eldo! After years of doing this, I’m still amazed how dirt imbedded in the paint gets removed from polishing...... especially after a good wash, iron removal and claying processes.
    Jim

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Good post, Eldo! After years of doing this, I’m still amazed how dirt imbedded in the paint gets removed from polishing...... especially after a good wash, iron removal and claying processes.
    Thanks brother.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

It's unbelievable what a nice job the Mother's did on the plastic, I would never have guessed. How did you discover this Eldo? I would never thought of trying this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There’s a YouTube channel called sweet project cars that uses mothers for basically everything. I’ve been meaning to try out mothers on my gauge cluster like that as well. I’d like to get one of the foam power cones for wheels that meguiars offers so I can really get up in there and make it look real nice What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes joleyred liked this post
Page 143 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 43931331341351361371381391401411421431441451461471481491501511521531932436431143 ... LastLast