autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I hadn't washed the car since Monday, slackin' over here and decided to clean up the car and it needed it. Picked up my buddy Hectour, threw his freshly powder coated rims in the trunk and headed down to Joliet (no, I didn't see the Blues Brothers anywhere, LOL) to get get some new shoes put on them. We also met our buddy Kevin down there who was getting new rims on his Fusion. Not to be left out of the fun I got my tires rotated and balanced while I was there, a car guys day for sure!

Once we were done we headed to Doc's Smokehouse in Mokena, big surprise...BBQ! After a tasty lunch we headed back, but not before playing some "door tag" with Kevin's Fusion. His car has a tune, intake and exhaust...mine is stock, let's just say I have some work to do but I wasn't embarrassed. Tale of the tape:

Fusion stock is 237 hp, don't know the torque off the top of my head, but it's a 2.0L EcoBoost w/ICE (Intake/Computer/Exhaust)

Elantra Sport is a 1.6L turbo w/201 hp and 195 lb ft of torque...stock!

So anywho onto the cleaning here. I hadn't used AMMO NYC Frothe in quite some time and actually been talking about it here lately, see how that works itself out, LOL. It did a great job as usual!

For the rims I used Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner at the 6 oz ratio, foamed all 4 wheels and then came around and rinsed them down, no scrubbing required, doesn't hurt that their coated with 303 Touchless sealant either, such a great product. Now that the car was clean and dried it's time to "kick it up a notch!".

Once I was done I applied a coat of Beadmaker, used 2 of the nice Adam's edgeless mf towels, one to apply and one to buff, did the entire car too. Later on tonight I will come back down here and apply a coat of Hydrosilex Slick to the tires, then the car will look it's best for Calibre Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The 3 of us work alot of hrs and opposite hrs in Hectours case so we don't get to get together as much as we'd like but so is life. Thanks to Mother Nature for not ruining our day tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I could donate some brand new MF’s, Drying towels and wash mitts.
    Are you sure you have enough towels to do something like that? J/k I love this idea would definitely be a part of it. I have a box of stuff right now that I usually give to a neighbor but I told him about it and he hasn't came to get it so

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know I have extra FrankenDetailer for the last step "pop" and i know I have some polishes and some sealants, etc. This kid is going to get hooked up, I'm sure he's going to start with the basics and work his way up to more advanced levels, surely he has a great local mentorWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Finished up the Sportage with the white Lake Country pad and HD Speed after the stand Blackfire waterless wash. Have another Ultimate Fast Finish coming so I’ll top it next week. So easy to correct compared to my VW’s. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Subaru Impreza Hatch - Crystal Black Silica
    2019 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion - Pure White

7. Likes SWETM, Goonie75, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just applied that coat of Hydrosilex Slick to my tires, 1 coat and also topped off my air pressure while I was at it. I told the guy at Discount Tire 35 psi in the F and 34 psi in the rear but after sitting since 3:30 p.m. today I noticed they were about 1.5-2.0 psi off, no biggie. The car tells you the psi at all 4 corners and I noticed 35/34 psi which looked right but that was hot psi, not cold psi plus it's gotten cold pretty quickly today, so that could also explain it.

While I had my battery powered Ryobi air compressor in my hand I topped off the air in the tires of the guy who parks next to my wife. He has an old Chrysler mini-van and is the supervisor of the maintenance crew at our apartment complex, he's a real nice guy. Even though I'm telling you guys I'm not going to tell him, doing the right thing when noone is looking. Btw, only 1 tire was at 35 psi, the others were 22.5, 27.5 and 25.0 psi, gotta be safe out thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Spent 18 hours detailing truck. Wash, clay, compound, polish, ipa, sealant. Sealant on tires. Trim, windows, and wheels
    not yet done in pic. Tonneau cover was also off. My first go at a full detail and it worked great.
    Attachment 66230

Post Thanks / Like

Guess what I used for the 1st time yesterday...

I’ll hold my thoughts until I put it through enough rounds to form a complete and unbiased review.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Guess what I used for the 1st time yesterday...

I’ll hold my thoughts until I put it through enough rounds to form a complete and unbiased review.
    That looks like BeadmakerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

My brothers gf showed up yesterday in her car, she really likes her car but it was in pretty bad shape and I decided to help it a bit since she’s always nice and this could be a way to do something nice in return + she was completely unaware that I was outside hooking her car up and I like surprising people with clean vehicles.

I didn’t have time to wash the car so I did the next best thing which was clean the wheels & tires because they were caked & baked. Not perfect, but 100% better than they were before.

Next thing I did was try something I’ve been meaning to test which according to Sweet Project Cars is gonna work so Sweet it’ll make you wonder why you’ve been wasting your time sanding... I’m talking about Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish on headlights. And here I had the perfect candidate right in front of me.

Apply a dab of Mothers to the pad. No prep cleaning.

I accidentally deleted the photo I took with the polisher, but this is the pad I used.

And I couldn’t believe how fast it worked, faster than any other polish or compound I’ve ever seen clear up that severity of haze on a headlight. I mean fast!

Done in 2-3 minutes.

Not perfect, but they weren’t gonna be perfect no matter what. Mothers really is some crazy stuff! Everything we know is a lie.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?Lol. This stuff works on plastic, chrome, and aluminum!

Last thing I did was polish the windshield with McKee’s Glass Restoring Polish.

She was thrilled with the results and the surprise.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes jmnral, SWETM, oneheadlite, osiapstndp, Diner and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers should repackage,relabel,and sell that metal polish as a headlight restorer since it works so well and fast.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 136 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 36861261271281291301311321331341351361371381391401411421431441451461862366361136 ... LastLast