autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Switched out my winter wheels and tires for some new tires and OEM wheels on my wife’s Miata. It changes the look and feel of the car and I’m happy to get the winter setup off even if that means we aren’t quite out of it yet. Anybody from the Midwest knows cold snaps and snow can come well into May.

Attachment 66219
    Attachment 66220
    We are supposed to hit with 6-12 tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Was detailing and this little man walked up to me and asked if he could help. He was working up to buy some shoes. So I told him yes and I let him help me detail two cars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Likes MadMerc, PaulMys, Breese147, fly07sti, SWETM and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Was detailing and this little man walked up to me and asked if he could help. He was working up to buy some shoes. So I told him yes and I let him help me detail two cars.

So did you help him get the shoes he wanted?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    So did you help him get the shoes he wanted?
    No I didn't go out and buy the shoe but I paid him enough for him to go out himself an get them. It means more for him to walk in the shoe store and buy them himself after working hard. I can tell he will be a businessman.

Post Thanks / Like

Minerigger- Ouch! Is that pretty normal for Wyoming? I feel like Chicago area can get a freak snowfall once or twice a winter like that, this year we contended with some of the coldest record temps in a while though!

ClearVue18- Man that’s awesome! Both the kid asking to help and work and you supporting him! Good on you for allowing him to work and I honestly feel you did a heck of a lot more for him in return!

Fly07sti- I got a little bit of a twisted sense of humor. The question you asked to ClearVue18 got me thinking.. kid wanted to work to make money ans buy some new shoes. He only asked to “help to buy some new shoes.” I’m not saying ClearVue is a jerk but what if he didn’t even pay cause the kid was just” asking to help” and not specifically asking to be “paid to help!?”
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to him just like one of my kids. He's in a bad area. So the fact that he is 10 years old and already has that work epic is amazing. I talked to him about managing his money and him owning a business in the future. I told him to stay in school and stay focus. If he wants to be a detailer then study and learn the craft.....Perfect it. I'm the only high end detailer that is willing to drive and work in that area. He was super interested in learning. That little boy made me mancry for a min lol (mancry is crying with a straight face and only from the inside)What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I talked to him just like one of my kids. He's in a bad area. So the fact that he is 10 years old and already has that work epic is amazing. I talked to him about managing his money and him owning a business in the future. I told him to stay in school and stay focus. If he wants to be a detailer then study and learn the craft.....Perfect it. I'm the only high end detailer that is willing to drive and work in that area. He was super interested in learning. That little boy made me mancry for a min lol (mancry is crying with a straight face and only from the inside)What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Great, great story here, K A R M A coming your way for doing the right thing when noone was looking out there, which is the right thing to do!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Great, great story here, K A R M A coming your way for doing the right thing when noone was looking out there, which is the right thing to do!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Well I'm a jerk 6 days out of the week so I'm just making peace with karma for the following week. What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Minerigger- Ouch! Is that pretty normal for Wyoming? I feel like Chicago area can get a freak snowfall once or twice a winter like that, this year we contended with some of the coldest record temps in a while though!

ClearVue18- Man that’s awesome! Both the kid asking to help and work and you supporting him! Good on you for allowing him to work and I honestly feel you did a heck of a lot more for him in return!

Fly07sti- I got a little bit of a twisted sense of humor. The question you asked to ClearVue18 got me thinking.. kid wanted to work to make money ans buy some new shoes. He only asked to “help to buy some new shoes.” I’m not saying ClearVue is a jerk but what if he didn’t even pay cause the kid was just” asking to help” and not specifically asking to be “paid to help!?”
    Yea pretty normal for here. Probably get quite a few more before it’s said and done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. In every sense of the word.

I am rooting for that kid!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 132 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 32821221231241251261271281291301311321331341351361371381391401411421822326321132 ... LastLast