autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Just conducted my first training session from my new detailing academy, kind of.

While having a convo with the librarian at my school her son mentioned that he washes cars to earn money. I decided to show him how to up his exterior game and earn some more money doing a “premium” wash so that he could break away from the cheap, nitpicky customers. We used his mom’s Explorer as the training vehicles and for his first wash with a pressure washer he did all right for a 13 year old. Next lesson is rinseless washing since the ladies at the yoga studio are eco warriors and won’t allow the usage of a pressure washer.

On a side note, we used P&S Frostbite for the prewash and I must retract my previous comments. I used it at the intended dilution of 1:10 and it does have quite a bit of cleaning power. It removed all of the grit and most of the film on the rocker panels and even removed some of the blooming from the tires. I think I will buy a gallon when it’s in stock for the times when Touch-less isn’t required.

Complimentary engine bay cleaning. I forgot to take before pics but you can image what an engine bay in a five year old SUV that’s never been cleaned looked like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Just conducted my first training session from my new detailing academy, kind of. While having a convo with the librarian at my school her son mentioned that he washes cars to earn money. I decided to show him how to up his exterior game and earn some more money doing a “premium” wash so that he could break away from the cheap, nitpicky customers. We used his mom’s Explorer as the training vehicles and for his first wash with a pressure washer he did all right for a 13 year old.
    Great story!

Next lesson is rinseless washing since the ladies at the yoga studio are eco warriors and won’t allow the usage of a pressure washer.
    LOL!

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post
    I know it's not 'Wheel Wednesday', but a couple pics of my (wife's) Explorer wheel before full car wash. Been a few weeks since a wash.

Meg's All Wheel Cleaner.
    Man, those were caked.

Post Thanks / Like

Maintenace wash on the truck today. Her RAV4 got the same.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

6. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta start the week with a clean car and let my coworkers know who owns the parking lot but I didn’t feel like doing a full wash. Had some Descale in my foam cannon so I foamed the Accord and gave it a good rinse and dried with the Ego 765. Looks like I spent a good hour washing it instead of 15 minutes. Coatings really are a cheat code.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, DFB, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta start the week with a clean car and let my coworkers know who owns the parking lot but I didn’t feel like doing a full wash. Had some Descale in my foam cannon so I foamed the Accord and gave it a good rinse and dried with the Ego 765. Looks like I spend a good hour washing it instead of 15 minutes. Coatings really are a cheat code.
    Which coating you haveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    FNW (mid-afternoon edition)What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I ended up using P&S Absolute RW this afternoon, GD method and it came out great! I also chose this because I almost finished off the bottle. I'm a fan of this product, no doubt about it but I'm just a BIGGER fan of Gyeon ECO wash RW, plus Labocosmetica Idrosave RW as well when it comes to adding protection WITH the RWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I ended up using the left over on the wheelwells and engine bay, the remaining went into my wheel bucketWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Not sure when I'll use Absolute again but I'd like to congratulate P&S on making such a great RW first time out, continued successWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I posted a pic of my tire & wheel to show how the Mr. Cartoon Tire Coat is holding up, it's either been driven in the rain and/or washed every day since, can't say enough about this productWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finally used Gyeon Eco Wash today. Nice and easy. Very slick... I actually had a second bucket with Idrosave as well and found both of them just as easy. I do think some staining happens with Idrosave but otherwise, no issue with it inside a garage.

If Idrosave stains and it is a cause for concern, I suppose I might use it less but if staining isn't of any concern, I have no reason to not finish out my jug of it. I did soak the previous Idrosave sponge in KC GS this weekend but it didn't take away any staining. The sponge was also pretty new so it's always possible it just doesn't look new any longer.

I went around and added Gyeon Ceramic Detailer after I was done. Overkill I know but nice and clean/shiny now. Ready to go back to the rain (when did rain become such a thing in Colorado What did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

I have the KC RW coming this week as well. I'm sure I'll go after some ADS Hero once restocked. Will be interesting to see what turns out to be the easiest/favorite.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

11. Likes Klasse Act, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Which coating you haveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Gyeon Syncro.

13. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Man, those were caked.
    Yeah.
    I recently installed Wagner OEx pads and they seem to dust a lot.
    Braking is good though, so a tradeoff.

Post Thanks / Like

It's 10pm and I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch on the idiot box, I know , first world problem, so I gave the Qashqai's interior a wipe down with TWHS Inside Job, also cleaned the windshield inside and out with Krystal Klear Bubble Gum Blitz, used the Invisible Glass Clean and Reach tool for the inside, I bought it at least 15 years ago and still haven't found anything better for cleaning inside a normal windshield, excluding the FJ of course, it's too vertical for it to work properly.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

16. Likes Klasse Act, chilly, Dirty Harry, DFB liked this post
Page 1219 of 1226 FirstFirst ... 21971911191169120912101211121212131214121512161217121812191220122112221223122412251226 LastLast