autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

CarPro Ultracut
    Sonax Prefect finish
    Angelwax panel wipe
    Gyeon CC
    Adam’s Graphene tire

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes SNP209, Big Dave, Uncbrs, chilly, DFB and 3 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post

CarPro Ultracut
    Sonax Prefect finish
    Angelwax panel wipe
    Gyeon CC
    Adam’s Graphene tire

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Looks like that kid is judging your work

Post Thanks / Like

My son working with me.

5. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, DFB, bill walsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    My son working with me.
    That's lovely to hear.

7. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    i used Xpress on this job for the first time on the passenger door. It made a good first impression and I do have a few other products that are staples. Brake Buster was my gateway drug and is the only wheel and tire cleaner I use. I used it diluted 1:3 in my IK Foam Pro 2 and it’s worked wonderfully on even the most neglected wheels and tires. The P&S interior carpet cleaning products are also fantastic. You can take the others but you’ll have to pry Brake Buster from my cold, dead hands.
    I love Xpress and Brake Buster too. Like any brand, there are hits and misses in the P&S range. Most of my bulk products are from P&S, they are much better priced when compared to similar Meguiar's products here.

Brake Buster - I started using this undiluted and from a spray bottle. It took me a long time to realise that it seems to function better when foamed, in which case I have it undiluted in a foam cannon. I do still use it neat for tires.

Xpress - I love how this feels under the towel, or when lathered up with a brush. The scent is supposed to be an acquired taste, but I love it.

Swift - this is such a nice product to use, and the scent is pleasantly different to all of the lemon scented interior products on the market. I use this in a spray and wipe manner, but you can ramp it up with a brush or scrab pad. It leaves a very natural finish too.

Bead Maker - this is a love or hate product that I arrived at many years after it became popular. No, it doesn't last long, yes it can cling onto dust, yes it can be streaky in certain situations, and no it doesn't bead water as the name suggests. But very little comes close to the gloss and slickness it brings, and when used as a drying aid, who cares how long it lasts.

Absolute - this is probably my favorite rinse-less wash. The slickness is what seals the deal for me, but the scent plays a role too. I've found it works better with warm water. When teamed with Bead Maker during the drying process, the end result is stunning.

Paint Gloss - an underappreciated product, mainly because it's a simple detail spray, but to me, that's a good thing. While we all seem to like adding more protection to the car by using spray sealants as drying aids, but we probably don't need do that all the time. Paint Gloss just works, no streaking, no dust attraction, no overloading the paint with layer on layer. The banana and cinnamon scent smells amazing too.

Undressed - this is a more potent tire cleaner, taking things up a notch from Brake Buster. While it doesn't lather up like Brake Buster, its not far behind and is cheaper too.

Clarity Creme - this is a glass polish/deep cleaner. It's considerably easier to use than Ceri-Glass too.

True Vue - one of the better glass cleaners I have used, on par with the simple excellence of Invisible Glass. Available in concentrate (as pictured) or in RTU format.

Rags to Riches - the best of its type. When I started using this, I had a number of towels that were on the verge of being replaced, R2R gave them a second lease on life. Overall, it leaves towels softer and more absorbent.

Now for the ones I hated or didn't see value in...................

Pearl - this is one of the worst soaps I have used. It doesn't foam at any dilution, its not all that slick, it doesn't necessarily clean very well, the scent is nothing special. Oh, but its cheap I can hear people saying, but you end up using way more soap to do the same job Carpro Reset will do with only 60ml of product.

Dream Maker - this was hyped beyond belief at launch, but its absolutely terrible. It was supposed to be easier to work with than Bead Maker, but nothing I did made it play well for me. Streaky, smeary, blotchy...............all I ever got from Dream Maker. This stuff does everything Paint Gloss can do, just way way way harder to use. Smelt nice though.

Defender - this is not terrible, but it's not great either. It feels strangely grabby underneath the towel, overall, a very average spray sealant.

Inspiration Radiance - I actually like using this soap, but I just don't understand why they went with the dilution ratios they chose, very wasteful is all I can say.

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@DFB. Does Paint Gloss attract dust like Bead Maker? Reason I ask is there’s no protection in it, right? So maybe it doesn’t attract dust like BM.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

Dream Maker - this was hyped beyond belief at launch, but its absolutely terrible. It was supposed to be easier to work with than Bead Maker, but nothing I did made it play well for me. Streaky, smeary, blotchy...............all I ever got from Dream Maker. This stuff does everything Paint Gloss can do, just way way way harder to use. Smelt nice though.
    A YT Detailer recently mixed-up this one with Bead Maker and P&S productized it recently (another Elixir case). It's been labeled Clean Maker...

Clean Maker Recipe:

10 Parts Bead Maker
    1 Part Dream Maker

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

13. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I love Xpress and Brake Buster too. Like any brand, there are hits and misses in the P&S range. Most of my bulk products are from P&S, they are much better priced when compared to similar Meguiar's products here.

Brake Buster - I started using this undiluted and from a spray bottle. It took me a long time to realise that it seems to function better when foamed, in which case I have it undiluted in a foam cannon. I do still use it neat for tires.

Xpress - I love how this feels under the towel, or when lathered up with a brush. The scent is supposed to be an acquired taste, but I love it.

Swift - this is such a nice product to use, and the scent is pleasantly different to all of the lemon scented interior products on the market. I use this in a spray and wipe manner, but you can ramp it up with a brush or scrab pad. It leaves a very natural finish too.

Bead Maker - this is a love or hate product that I arrived at many years after it became popular. No, it doesn't last long, yes it can cling onto dust, yes it can be streaky in certain situations, and no it doesn't bead water as the name suggests. But very little comes close to the gloss and slickness it brings, and when used as a drying aid, who cares how long it lasts.

Absolute - this is probably my favorite rinse-less wash. The slickness is what seals the deal for me, but the scent plays a role too. I've found it works better with warm water. When teamed with Bead Maker during the drying process, the end result is stunning.

Paint Gloss - an underappreciated product, mainly because it's a simple detail spray, but to me, that's a good thing. While we all seem to like adding more protection to the car by using spray sealants as drying aids, but we probably don't need do that all the time. Paint Gloss just works, no streaking, no dust attraction, no overloading the paint with layer on layer. The banana and cinnamon scent smells amazing too.

Undressed - this is a more potent tire cleaner, taking things up a notch from Brake Buster. While it doesn't lather up like Brake Buster, its not far behind and is cheaper too.

Clarity Creme - this is a glass polish/deep cleaner. It's considerably easier to use than Ceri-Glass too.

True Vue - one of the better glass cleaners I have used, on par with the simple excellence of Invisible Glass. Available in concentrate (as pictured) or in RTU format.

Rags to Riches - the best of its type. When I started using this, I had a number of towels that were on the verge of being replaced, R2R gave them a second lease on life. Overall, it leaves towels softer and more absorbent.

Now for the ones I hated or didn't see value in...................

Pearl - this is one of the worst soaps I have used. It doesn't foam at any dilution, its not all that slick, it doesn't necessarily clean very well, the scent is nothing special. Oh, but its cheap I can hear people saying, but you end up using way more soap to do the same job Carpro Reset will do with only 60ml of product.

Defender - this is not terrible, but it's not great either. It feels strangely grabby underneath the towel, overall, a very average spray sealant.

Inspiration Radiance - I actually like using this soap, but I just don't understand why they went with the dilution ratios they chose, very wasteful is all I can say.

I tried Pearl and agree that it is certainly not anything special, and I plan on trying Rags to Riches when I run out of the gallon of microfiber cleaner I got from Autofiber

I watched all the madness on YT when Bead Maker came out and saw all the high profile content creators losing their minds over it, and then all of a sudden people figured out all the drawbacks to using it and the love dried up

I am sure there are P&S products that I would probably like, I just need to buy 16 oz bottles and try them out and not dive in and buy gallons "because XYZ said so" on YT (I am not referring to anyone on this forum, I’m talking about people who have a vested financial interest in me buying something they get a kickback from)

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started putting Megs HCW on my good wheels and immediately ran into trouble, it was streaking and being super fussy

This was 3-4 days after using the same product on another set of Lexus wheels with the usual awesome results

I tried a damper applicator, dry applicator, more product, less, etc and it just wasn’t going to happen

I started to grab Griots Ceramic 3 in 1 Wax but I didn’t feel like stripping the wheels back and I didn’t feel like putting it over the HCW was a good idea

In the end I grabbed 3D Bead it Up and tried that and it came out nice and even

Not sure what the issue was, possibly humidity or something

I decided to skip a tire dressing since the tires are essentially new and let the factory stuff get knocked down by a few washes

Sent from my iPhone using

17. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried out labocosmetica purifica and primus 2.0 today. Even though its going to rain alot later and this week, the ADS coating has been showing good amount of mineral deposits which has made the water behaviour suffer. So i needed to test out products and watch the water behavour if it returns.

Ran it thru a touchless 2 nights ago, and with minimal time today i skipped the normal pw/foaming process.

Instead i mixed in 2 non foaming pump sprayers, purifica and primus at 1:10 ratio. Primus first, hosed off, then purifica. Without hosing off i went after it with a rinseless wash of n914. Purifica did dry in the surface on half the car before performing rinseless on said panels, but no ill effects or staining..which i remember labocosmetica saying in a video.

No topper was used.

Mineral deposits are gone. Really enjoyed both products. Not a heavy amount of traffic film was on car to begin with so will test its limits another day. Both both may become a staple on the shelf and descale might no longer be purchased.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

19. Likes Big Dave, chilly, Uncbrs liked this post
Page 1213 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 21371311131163120312041205120612071208120912101211121212131214121512161217121812191220122112221223 ... LastLast