autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thanks, one of the things Mike G noted about the Dr. Beasley's was that they don't stain trim--did you have any experience with that in regard to the Gyeon primer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Thanks, one of the things Mike G noted about the Dr. Beasley's was that they don't stain trim--did you have any experience with that in regard to the Gyeon primer?
    I had most of the trim masked off. So not that i noticed, but i will check later.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Spring "boost" Detail DayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So because it's so nice this weekend and warm and even warmer tomorrow, I decided to get out there and do a better/boost wash this morning!

I started by using Bilt-Hamber Karrosol iron remover for the stock, winter wheels. I mean I'm keeping them pretty clean but using this product showed me how much was INSIDE the barrels and calipers! Each wheel was equally gritty, I should've shown a better pic of the brown/red foam but you get the point What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next wash a foam/dwell/rinse of the EN (did a RW a couple days ago, not dirty, just slightly dusty) using P&S Inspiration Radiance which is a coating maintenance wash. I need to use this product a bit more to give a real review. I added 5 oz into my Griot's Garage foam gun and 32 oz of water and got after it. I let it dwell for a bit and rinsed away, no issuesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next I reached for a product I hadn't used in quite some time, CarPro Hydro2 Lite. I started with the rims and then moved to each section of the EN and it was SO easy to use! Once done I used free flowing water to wash down the beads so drying would be easier for The Gauntlet What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I finished with drying the EN, very easy and got the jams and gave the engine bay a quick wipe down to keep it fresh. Later on I'll apply something to the tires but not too much, they still look pretty goodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah and here's a PSA...have you changed your cabin filter in the last year? This showed up while I was washing the EN and I'll check mine tomorrow, usually its a once a year change and fot me it's the fall but I'm checking it nonetheless What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    My JDM fever is caught when I was young has me buying a K&N Cabin filter for all my cars. Pretty sure I gained 5HP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    After 4 trips to the body shop, if you live in NC avoid Caliber Collision at all cost, my wife’s car was finally in condition to recoat. I slapped on a little CSL and EXOv5 and it’s back to having that liquid glass appearance once again. I must say, nothing beads water quite like EXOv5. There are better coatings out ther but I have to crown it as the king of hydrophobicity.

I felt Mohs and pure Evo bead better. When fresh anyways. I had Pure on my car… friend had Evo and he knew some guy who supposedly had CSL with Exo5 and while all were very impressive I would say the Exo v5 came in 3rd.

Prolly just due to whatever difference the rain here the NW has. The Prince of beading here….

Post Thanks / Like

Time to coat the FJ again, but first a bit of a tidy up. Cleaned the wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, used my Ryobi pressure washer to rinse the wheels, then got inside the arches. I didn't bother foaming it up, just hit the whole thing with the pressure washer.

Then gave it a wash with Reset. Dried with my favourite old synthetic chamois, I didn't want to use a drying aid. I was going to use a clay cloth on it, but it felt very smooth while washing, so I did the bag test and decided it didn't need it. So I gave it a wipe over with Eraser, and went straight into polish and prep.

I broke out my Ryobi RO and went over everything with Carpro Essence, used the Ryobi yellow pad on the white roof, and two Shine Mate Black Diamond red pads for the silver everywhere else. I'd heard the Ryobi pads fell apart very easily, but this one held up fine.

Later tonight I'll put a layer of NV Lustre on it, then a layer of NV Jet tomorrow, making sure everything cures properly before moving it back outside. I might put something on the tyres tomorrow as well, the pressure washer stripped everything off them.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dave,
    Looks pretty shinny there! Also plastic looks great! I was thinking to get some Jet or Lustre and I know the Lustre has the edge over Jet. But I see you do both. I have also heard that done before and never asked why. Can you help a mate out?

8. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Time to coat the FJ again, but first a bit of a tidy up. Cleaned the wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, used my Ryobi pressure washer to rinse the wheels, then got inside the arches. I didn't bother foaming it up, just hit the whole thing with the pressure washer.

Then gave it a wash with Reset. Dried with my favourite old synthetic chamois, I didn't want to use a drying aid. I was going to use a clay cloth on it, but it felt very smooth while washing, so I did the bag test and decided it didn't need it. So I gave it a wipe over with Eraser, and went straight into polish and prep.

I broke out my Ryobi RO and went over everything with Carpro Essence, used the Ryobi yellow pad on the white roof, and two Shine Mate Black Diamond red pads for the silver everywhere else. I'd heard the Ryobi pads fell apart very easily, but this one held up fine.

Later tonight I'll put a layer of NV Lustre on it, then a layer of NV Jet tomorrow, making sure everything cures properly before moving it back outside. I might put something on the tyres tomorrow as well, the pressure washer stripped everything off them.

You've been busy!!

Do you find yourself using the handle on the Ryobi? Reason I ask is that you can get a better hold of the machine without that loop handle in the way, making it easier to "steer". I used the handle on my old corded polisher but wished I had removed it from the beginning, my technique improved when I started using the battery ShineMate's which don't come with the handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    My JDM fever is caught when I was young has me buying a K&N Cabin filter for all my cars. Pretty sure I gained 5HP

I wish they had one fir my car or I would buy itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Hey Dave,
    Looks pretty shinny there! Also plastic looks great! I was thinking to get some Jet or Lustre and I know the Lustre has the edge over Jet. But I see you do both. I have also heard that done before and never asked why. Can you help a mate out?
    I've had Lustre for a while, but I only got Jet last year, from a local place, but it was on the NV US site that I found the recommendation to layer them, I don't even remember if that is what prompted me to buy Jet, but I tried it out on the white roof of the FJ last year, and it held up well on a non-garaged vehicle, so I applied it to my Mum's Nissan Qashqai next, which has dark blue paint and is softer and shows dirt and water spots much worse, and it's been great on that, but it is garaged most nights. Not tonight though, the FJ is inside waiting for Jet to go on tomorrow morning.

13. Thanks DanaDetailingPros thanked for this post
    Likes DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the Nv twins What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 1175 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 175675107511251165116611671168116911701171117211731174117511761177117811791180118111821183118411851225 ... LastLast