autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I guess it was 1:1. I bought it going on 20 years ago, back when Rick at ADS was pouring the gallons into the Meg's secondary bottles and selling quarts that way. I just had other dressings like 303, and I quickly stopped using those PDMS dressings on exterior trim because they don't last, stopped using them on interiors (mostly) because of the window fogging, etc. I think for a while I was spraying the Hyper Dressing in wheel wells, back when I did that kind of thing. I did use the Hyper Dressing straight on someone's tires a couple of years ago and it looked great, didn't get to see how it held up because it wasn't my vehicle.

(raises hand) In my old age straight OJ got too sweet for me, so I dilute it with some fizzy water. Not in the carton, though. If orange juice still came in cartons (does it? I always buy the bottles)
    I like and only use Hyper Dressing @1:1. I’ve never tried it undiluted, mainly because I can’t imagine a real benefit but that’s just me. The other reason is because the manufacturer has never recommended that and IMO Meguiars has always earned my trust when it comes to being able to depend on them getting their directions right so I rarely find a need to deviate.

Another reason I’m generally against diluting that RTU bottle any further is because by doing so you’re not diluting it the way you normally would if you had bought a gallon of it. Meaning you’re starting with 1:1 so diluting it doesn’t take you straight to 2:1, 3:1, or 4:1 the way it does from a gallon.

It’s getting late and I don’t feel like doing the math but if you cut 1:1 with the thought of making some 4:1 what would you actually wind up with? 8:1 or something? At the end of the day it’s a 32oz. bottle, I’d just use it and not worry about making Eagles scream and I love being cheap just as much as the next guy. The only reason I can see is if you somehow hated the look or user experience @1:1 and I can’t imagine anyone hating Hyper Dressing because it’s “too sweet”, but I guess there’s people that do.

I still spray Hyper Dressing inside plastic wheel wells. It’s 1 of those touches that make a noticeable difference to the grand scheme of things.

As far as the orange juice deal, my former FIL [rip] used to love his orange juice. He developed Parkinsons and later his family would dilute his OJ without him knowing, and I always felt that was kinda rude and unnecessary. I mean let the man enjoy his favorite beverage, it’s not as if he’s drinking whiskey all the time geez… But I couldn’t do anything or even talk about it because it wasn’t my place to do so.

Just recently, last week actually I went to the store and discovered Kroger sells what they call a “Light orange juice beverage” in 50oz. bottles. I only bought some because it was on reduced price flash sale [can’t overlook a cheap deal] and it was less than what the normal gallons sell for.

However this beverage is actually very good even though it could seemingly appear kind of weird if you consider it’s technically diluted with water making it a “light beverage” But the part that wins is the orange juice that’s in it doesn’t come from concentrate but rather actual real juice from oranges. And you know how good that real OJ tastes compared to the concentrated stuff so I was in love. Too bad it’s no longer cheap. Lol.

Wow that was a long post, but hey it’s officially Christmas so there we have it. Merry Christmas.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Almost forgot, I did a maintenance detail on this BMW yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

After MANY days of rain and driving in sh!t conditions last Friday going to and from the dyno, I was able to do "good enough" touch-free wash. The "good enough" term is inline with the "Sanity Wash" term in term I felt better because it looks alot better, not how it usually looks but "good enough"...for nowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got the Accord back ready for the mean streets of Concord. Restored the paint to near perfect condition and applied a fresh coat of Mohs. There’s nothing like that freshly coated look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Finally got the Accord back ready for the mean streets of Concord. Restored the paint to near perfect condition and applied a fresh coat of Mohs. There’s nothing like that freshly coated look.

The car looks fantastic! Such a nice color too.

8. Thanks Optimus Grime thanked for this post
    Likes Optimus Grime, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post

G L O WWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

10. Thanks Optimus Grime thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to follow that Accord. What a beauty.

Never hand washed a car on Christmas Day that I can remember. But after 10 miles of dirt roads on the wife’s family truckster, I had to do something with 53° Michigan weather. 3D pink through a foam cannon, 2 buckets, and a PFM to dry. Hit it with a little DP Need for Bead also.

After one side of rinsing only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Hard to follow that Accord. What a beauty.

Never hand washed a car on Christmas Day that I can remember. But after 10 miles of dirt roads on the wife’s family truckster, I had to do something with 53° Michigan weather. 3D pink through a foam cannon, 2 buckets, and a PFM to dry. Hit it with a little DP Need for Bead also.

After one side of rinsing only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What coating do you have What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Was not about to pass up 52-degree weather! Wash on the truck. Finished with flex wax as a rinse wax. Another coat of wolfstiens on the tonneau cover. Also gave the RAV4 a good wash and interior. Finished it with wet wax and #253 on the tires. Weather go's downhill starting tomorrow.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Was not about to pass up 52-degree weather! Wash on the truck. Finished with flex wax as a rinse wax. Another coat of wolfstiens on the tonneau cover. Also gave the RAV4 a good wash and interior. Finished it with wet wax and #253 on the tires. Weather go's downhill starting tomorrow.
    One day makes it worth it IMOWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 1150 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 150650105011001140114111421143114411451146114711481149115011511152115311541155115611571158115911601200 ... LastLast