autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I coated this car a year ago with P&S Legend. If you’ve never used it, DON’T. It’s very durable but my least favorite coating to install.

Since coating this car, it has been washed once in June when the owner called me out of the blue to wash it. He brought it in today to refresh the coating. It wasn’t nearly as dirty as I would expect for a car that hasn’t been washed in 6 months. I fully expected the coating to be weak but it’s holding on quite well. At this point in the detail, I had only rinsed off the BH Auto Foam. It wasn’t quite ready for the contact wash but it was still beading water like the coating was installed yesterday.

P&S Legend 1 Year Update - YouTube

I washed it with Auto Foam, Carpro Descale and then followed up with some iron decon and cleaned it all off with another wash using Reset. I put a top coat on to add an additional layer of protection and now the owner wants me to maintain it once a month. He got his coating refreshed and I’ve got a residual customer. It’s a win/win for everybody.

This is why you always have a separate bucket for wheels and tires. I’m not sure if I’ve ever had this much filth come off of 4 tires.

2. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I coated this car a year ago with P&S Legend. If you’ve never used it, DON’T. It’s very durable but my least favorite coating to install.

Since coating this car, it has been washed once in June when the owner called me out of the blue to wash it. He brought it in today to refresh the coating. It wasn’t nearly as dirty as I would expect for a car that hasn’t been washed in 6 months. I fully expected the coating to be weak but it’s holding on quite well. At this point in the detail, I had only rinsed off the BH Auto Foam. It wasn’t quite ready for the contact wash but it was still beading water like the coating was installed yesterday.

P&S Legend 1 Year Update - YouTube

I washed it with Auto Foam, Carpro Descale and then followed up with some iron decon and cleaned it all off with another wash using Reset. I put a top coat on to add an additional layer of protection and now the owner wants me to maintain it once a month. He got his coating refreshed and I’ve got a residual customer. It’s a win/win for everybody.

This is why you always have a separate bucket for wheels and tires. I’m not sure if I’ve ever had this much filth come off of 4 tires.

What exactly was hard about the install? On the good side it's holding up to it's claim for durability and easy clean-up thoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What exactly was hard about the install? On the good side it's holding up to it's claim for durability and easy clean-up thoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It’s a very thick coating and goes on like Syrup. P&S claims 5 years of durability but that’s with two layers which very well could mean multiple bottles or at least a 50 mL bottle ($200) for one vehicle and this coating is twice as expensive CSL and Mohs. The wipe off is nowhere near as easy as Mohs or CSL and the durability is about the same as both of those. For someone doing this for money, it’s not a winning proposition. You have to pay twice as much for half of the ease.

I actually got my coating certification from P&S’ training network and one of the instructors, who no longer uses this coating, told me that he switched because he didn’t want to use a coating that installed like coatings did 10 years ago. In the amount of time that I can apply one layer of Legend I’ve been able to do CSL + EXO or Mohs topped with Skin. And I can’t stress enough that this is rather expensive, quite possibly the most expensive, prosumer coating. For customers I think it’s great but for installers I think there are much better alternatives.

5. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Looks like EGO is making their own stubby nozzle now
    Chicago Auto Pros (Car Supply Warehouse) has it for pre order…. About time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Chicago Auto Pros (Car Supply Warehouse) has it for pre order…. About time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've used that tool at their place, AMAZING powerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So today was my g/f's Cruze's turn for a wash.
    Klasse, is that Cruze a hatchback? That profile view is confusing me, is it shorter than a regular Cruze? Or does it just look what way because the roofline is different?

This stuff smelled like a men's cologne while foaming her car and I swear I could smell it when I got home!
    Meguiar's #63 has some fragrance that reminds me of when I was a kid, something my father used to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    It’s a very thick coating and...
    Apropos of nothing, I took a break from here for a while and you joined in the interim and I have to say you have perhaps the best user name ever for a detailing forum.

12. Likes Optimus Grime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Klasse, is that Cruze a hatchback? That profile view is confusing me, is it shorter than a regular Cruze? Or does it just look what way because the roofline is different?

Meguiar's #63 has some fragrance that reminds me of when I was a kid, something my father used to use.
    It is a hatchback and I'd assume the wheelbase is the same on the sedan. I laid on the ground to take that shot, trying to make the pics look different. Speaking of the hatchback, too bad we didn't get the 3 door hatchback of the Cruze that other world markets got, they look pretty goodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Apropos of nothing, I took a break from here for a while and you joined in the interim and I have to say you have perhaps the best user name ever for a detailing forum.
    Thanks. I had to find some way to combine my lifelong obsession with Optimus Prime and my newfound love of making cars shiny and thus Optimus Grime was born.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the screen name! There's a guy who comments on YouTube Tube videos,usually music related and he goes by Frankensense (probably spelled it wrong) the spice you burn and I just love the play on wordsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 1141 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 141641104110911131113211331134113511361137113811391140114111421143114411451146114711481149115011511191 ... LastLast