autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So having the day off and not much to do after my buddy swapped out my tires/wheels I decided to protect the interior a bit more before it's too cold to do so. For this I reached for DIY Detail Interior Ceramic, did everything but the dashboard. This product should NOT be overlooked in their line-up and yes, it's expensive it's also WORTH IT because it works, periodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then turned my attention to the winter set-up just re-installed and did a much better cleaning than I did before they went on (sprayed a QD and swiped them, barrels were DIRTY). For this Brake Buster in the IK Foam Pro9 and all 4 brushes were all that was needed...but I also sprayed some DIY Detail Quick Beads on the wheel faces & barrels for a little boostWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I haven't swapped out the carpeted OEM mats yet, that's for when the weather REALLY changesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yet another interior coating. What are your thoughts on the DIY Ceramic interior?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Yet another interior coating. What are your thoughts on the DIY Ceramic interior?
    Well I'm on my 2nd bottle, so there's thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This product is very easy to use but doesn't smell too good, think Raid but on the good side you know they only care about the product working rather than trying to dilute it with a scent. My suggestion is to do your interior before your done driving it for the day(s) and you'll be fine because I don't notice the scent the next day.

Now I've got my interior coated with Gyeon Shield, a couple times and maintain it with TWHS Interior Detailer, Geist leather, DIY Imterior Clean & Protect (use a soft brush to work it into the Alcantera) and when I forget how long it's been...this DIY Detail Interior Ceramic, so yes it's overkill but considering winter is coming you can never be TOO protected in the interior.

In closing this product is so great because it works on EVERYTHING in the interior...vinyls, leather and Alcantera, so protect away! Btw I've got some piano black bits and if you get it on that no worries, just buff off with a mf towel.

If you've got more questions let me knowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm on my 2nd bottle, so there's thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This product is very easy to use but doesn't smell too good, think Raid but on the good side you know they only care about the product working rather than trying to dilute it with a scent. My suggestion is to do your interior before your done driving it for the day(s) and you'll be fine because I don't notice the scent the next day.

Now I've got my interior coated with Gyeon Shield, a couple times and maintain it with TWHS Interior Detailer, Geist leather, DIY Imterior Clean & Protect (use a soft brush to work it into the Alcantera) and when I forget how long it's been...this DIY Detail Interior Ceramic, so yes it's overkill but considering winter is coming you can never be TOO protected in the interior.

In closing this product is so great because it works on EVERYTHING in the interior...vinyls, leather and Alcantera, so protect away! Btw I've got some piano black bits and if you get it on that no worries, just buff off with a mf towel.

If you've got more questions let me knowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Agree with everything on DIY Interior. The smell isn't great but the versatility and functionality reigns supreme.

DIY is doing a lot of ceramic deals right now and with Black Friday coming up, I would expect at least a 20% off deal in the near future. I'm waiting to stock up on Quick Beads and Interior Ceramic. Hoping the Interior Clean & Protect can hold off a few more weeks.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

My suggestion is to do your interior before your done driving it for the day(s) and you'll be fine
    So you recommend doing your interior and then getting in and driving in that stench? Why??What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you recommend doing your interior and then getting in and driving in that stench? Why??What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.
    It's gone the next day🫣

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Agree with everything on DIY Interior. The smell isn't great but the versatility and functionality reigns supreme.

DIY is doing a lot of ceramic deals right now and with Black Friday coming up, I would expect at least a 20% off deal in the near future. I'm waiting to stock up on Quick Beads and Interior Ceramic. Hoping the Interior Clean & Protect can hold off a few more weeks.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    I haven't used a bad product from them yet, the 20% off sales help alot! I'm waiting for their upcoming pre-wash but after using both Touchless and Auto-foam from Bilt-Hamber, well, they've got their work cut out IMOWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave the Mrs.’ SUV a good hand washing. I do love the way EXOv5 beads and I’m quite pleased with how well CarPro Darkside is holding up. It’s been over a month and the tires still have that fresh off the assembly line look. Unfortunately something tragic happened during the wash. I moved my car and parked on the side of the road in front of my house and a neighbor backed into my front bumper. It sucks because she’s such a nice person and I hate it that her insurance will probably go up knowing how much body shops charge for even the most minute damage.

10. Likes Dirty Harry, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ask because Bilt-Hamber pre-washes have such a high pH level, 12 & 13. Your right about using Bilt-Hamber pre-washes to just get rid of dust but because of that high pH it can get rid of non-coatings tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Have you tried DIY Detail Incredible Suds yet?

Btw, check your PM'sWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yep it cleans good and like I said I'm OK re-waxing periodically. Taking care of one vehicle is easy enough. I don't want a depleted uranium super ultra duper ceramic armor ultimate coating. My pH friendly foam is Sonax Actifoam Energy seems to do well enough. Once ounce in the cannon makes stupid suds.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

12. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    I gave the Mrs.’ SUV a good hand washing. I do love the way EXOv5 beads and I’m quite pleased with how well CarPro Darkside is holding up. It’s been over a month and the tires still have that fresh off the assembly line look. Unfortunately something tragic happened during the wash. I moved my car and parked on the side of the road in front of my house and a neighbor backed into my front bumper. It sucks because she’s such a nice person and I hate it that her insurance will probably go up knowing how much body shops charge for even the most minute damage.

Going to try Darkside I need a better dressing just trying to go through what I have.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1122 of 1232 FirstFirst ... 1226221022107211121113111411151116111711181119112011211122112311241125112611271128112911301131113211721222 ... LastLast