autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    2.5S with 128,000 miles and a CVT. Opposite of sporty. Runs good though. I love the ride.

So...guess what. I SAW ANOTHER EN! Ugh!!!! Grrrrr!

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    What color were these cars?s?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So I did my last "traditional" wash of the year. Started with a pre-wash using DIY Detail Incredible Suds in the IK Foam Pro 12, used it for the tires and wheels as well, all 4 brushes used. I then did a 2BM wash using Bilt-Hamber AutoWash and dried it real nice.

I did the wash to take advantage of the last upper 60's day of the year AND to clean it up before my buddy came over to swap out my 3 season set-up for my winter set-up, plus he was running late so good time management.

My Pirelli's have 6/32nds left on them so I've got another season to go on them till my OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 4s' go back on. He did check the balance on my winters and they were good to go, now I'm ready for the immediate COLD morning coming up...like Sunday for instanceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

3. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Dirty Harry, mattmann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So having the day off and not much to do after my buddy swapped out my tires/wheels I decided to protect the interior a bit more before it's too cold to do so. For this I reached for DIY Detail Interior Ceramic, did everything but the dashboard. This product should NOT be overlooked in their line-up and yes, it's expensive it's also WORTH IT because it works, periodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then turned my attention to the winter set-up just re-installed and did a much better cleaning than I did before they went on (sprayed a QD and swiped them, barrels were DIRTY). For this Brake Buster in the IK Foam Pro9 and all 4 brushes were all that was needed...but I also sprayed some DIY Detail Quick Beads on the wheel faces & barrels for a little boostWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I haven't swapped out the carpeted OEM mats yet, that's for when the weather REALLY changesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes Big Dave, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The GLI is ready for hibernation. Finally finished the wash Thursday. I made a compulsory stop at O'Reilly's Friday morning on the way home from work and walked out with a bottle of Meg's Quik Wax. I am always short on time these days, and energy, and needed to do something quickly and easily. For the first time I was disappointed in an Optimum product. Their Spray Wax(pink stuff) was less than impressive. I need to give it another go but two uses left me wanting. Not the slickest stuff...certainly not as slick as this Quik Wax. I did two coats, just finished the last moments ago. 24 hours apart. Only hit the lower panels with a second in case it has to make an emergency appearance in the winter time for some reason, and I can't get the deicing agents off ASAP. When washing there was little evidence of Collinite 845 being present except for behind the license plate. I had it off for this last wash. I use BH Touchless for every prewash and Reset about every 3rd wash. It's not surprising. But I don't mind the ritual of waxing when it's summertime, so whatever. It allows me to detail often on only one car. Last thing left is a battery tender. Fingers crossed she can sit safe and sound til spring.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The GLI is ready for hibernation. Finally finished the wash Thursday. I made a compulsory stop at O'Reilly's Friday morning on the way home from work and walked out with a bottle of Meg's Quik Wax. I am always short on time these days, and energy, and needed to do something quickly and easily. For the first time I was disappointed in an Optimum product. Their Spray Wax(pink stuff) was less than impressive. I need to give it another go but two uses left me wanting. Not the slickest stuff...certainly not as slick as this Quik Wax. I did two coats, just finished the last moments ago. 24 hours apart. Only hit the lower panels with a second in case it has to make an emergency appearance in the winter time for some reason, and I can't get the deicing agents off ASAP. When washing there was little evidence of Collinite 845 being present except for behind the license plate. I had it off for this last wash. I use BH Touchless for every prewash and Reset about every 3rd wash. It's not surprising. But I don't mind the ritual of waxing when it's summertime, so whatever. It allows me to detail often on only one car. Last thing left is a battery tender. Fingers crossed she can sit safe and sound til spring.

You use Bilt-Hamber Touchless EVERY pre-washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? How often do you wash the GLIWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You use Bilt-Hamber Touchless EVERY pre-washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? How often do you wash the GLIWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Not often. Once a month or so. It doesn't see rain if I can help it. Nice thing about that is the car basically just aquires a coat of dust in that time and I hit it with touchless, blast it off, and dry with a drying aid. Only use a contact wash if it had seen rain typically cause that that point there's road film and well contact is the only way. I haven't bought any products this year other than that Quik Wax, the Optimum Wax, and a bottle of Eraser. Oh and some towels. Washing so little means my stuff lasts a long time.

2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not often. Once a month or so. It doesn't see rain if I can help it. Nice thing about that is the car basically just aquires a coat of dust in that time and I hit it with touchless, blast it off, and dry with a drying aid. Only use a contact wash if it had seen rain typically cause that that point there's road film and well contact is the only way. I haven't bought any products this year other than that Quik Wax, the Optimum Wax, and a bottle of Eraser. Oh and some towels. Washing so little means my stuff lasts a long time.

I ask because Bilt-Hamber pre-washes have such a high pH level, 12 & 13. Your right about using Bilt-Hamber pre-washes to just get rid of dust but because of that high pH it can get rid of non-coatings tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Have you tried DIY Detail Incredible Suds yet?

Btw, check your PM'sWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Early morning Maintenace wash on the truck. Another coat of flex wax before that dirty winter hits PA.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a 110 mile round trip to Great Lakes Dragway (no I didn't race, winter tires that are 20mm narrower than stock just doesn't work) I stopped at my touch-free wash, came home and dried it off and applied some Pure:est tire dressing to the Michelin X-ice's. I also vac'd it out and took out my detailing products from the trunk...it's that time everyoneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave the FJ a wash today, it was very dusty last week, consistent rain on Thursday and Friday rinsed most of that off, but I still wanted to tidy it up though. I used Car Chem Alloy Clean on the wheels, then rinsed the whole thing and moved it inside to give it a RW with Ech2o, very quick and easy. I rarely dress the tyres, but today I thought why not. I have lots of Meg's Hyper Dressing sitting on the shelf so I just sprayed it on neat, spread it around with a Bowden's Allsorts applicator, it's looking super glossy, but I'll leave it to absorb for a few hours before wiping off any excess.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

18. Likes DFB, Dirty Harry, Ochnob liked this post
Page 1121 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 121621102110711111111211131114111511161117111811191120112111221123112411251126112711281129113011311171 ... LastLast