autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hi everyone. I am new here.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevlevrone View Post
    Welcome.What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Go wash your car. Lol. J/k

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    8amWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. Time to start the day
    You know there are less aggressive ways to get crystal clear windows, right?

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevlevrone View Post
    Welcome! I see you met the grumpy cop Eld. Lol I'm the energetic cop. Now back to the topic at hand. Wash images?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    You know there are less aggressive ways to get crystal clear windows, right?
    Well you know the window was giving me lip lol. Then threw out a your mommy joke. So I had to sock it lol.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was the time for my Kia cee'd SW TD to be washed. Some old method and a new method for me to use. The last wash a month ago. It was not as bad as I thought it would be.

This is what I started with. No pre-rinse done this time and it's not something I useally do either. As I want the prewash to be applyied on as a dry surface as possible. On this picture you can see some tiny gravel. This is what is used inside of the cities and towns and villages where the speed limits is lower. You can also see the water hangs on the side panels.

So I start with applying BBV Degreaser HD. Which is like a tar remover but can also be applyied on a wet surface. If you have tried a tar remover on wet paint most gets like a milky solution. And this was completly free from tar and protected with Carpro Hydro2 lite a month ago. The tar remover I only apply up to just before the windows on the side panels and the back of the car.

Without rinsing the tar remover off. I apply Bilt Hamber Surfex HD at 1:20 from a Kwazar pump sprayer bottle over the whole car. And yes over the tar remover too. This is to desolve the oily road film that gets on the vehicals and other organic grime. Bilt Hamber Surfex HD is a alkaline based degreaser and an APC. Think they claim that the surfactans is polymers.

You have seen the water how it clings on the side panels. This is before picture of how the beading looks on a month old Hydro2 lite before the wash.

The hood after the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and just PW it off. I use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. So thoroughly go over the panel from bottom and work my way up with the width the PW nozzle tip has.

This is the side panel after the tar remover and Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and cleaned with the water pressure from the PW. Some beading and sheeting revived. But also noticeble degraded water behavior. Had the Gyeon Wet Coat last winter and feel like it standed up better than Hydro2 lite has done. And Wet Coat now with 50% longer longevity in their new formula for 2019. I think I will go back to Wet Coat or Sonax Spray and Seal. But very interested how Wet Coat is now so think it's time to order some of that. And they have another brand there that has a lime scale remover car soap which I will get too. Many like that to get a coating more revived with it in combo with tar remover and iron remover when decon wash the coating.

The old method was the tar remover and apply a TFR degreaser directly over it. And the new method maybe gets many to cringe LOL. I bought a Vikan wash brush and it has a water outlet in the brush too. So a wash pole which you can connect to the garden hose and you get flowing water through the brush. I just have an ordinary pole on mine. And an other shape of the wash bucket with a grit guard that fit in it. Used Carpro Reset car soap and the Vikan wash brush and I rinsed it out very often. No pressure where added and just tried to guide it and 2-3 wipe was only needed as a mf wash mitt does and I got a clean paint. I think it worked great and this brush is very soft bristles brush. So what I could notice I did not marring the paint with it. Will see if I continue to use it. Thinking maybe use it on the roof and on the lower parts of the side panels and the rest with wash mitt and wash pads of mf.

Here is my new brush beside a same Vikan wash brush but wider. Would you use the other one on your car LOL? It's the wash bay where I am that has that and all of the other brushes was in the same condition. I take my own stuff with me and use their PW and water only.

Finished with a new coat of the Hydro2 lite and dried with the leafblower

The wheels was just cleaned with Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus and PW. The yellowing need a acidic based wheel cleaner to get fully cleaned. So that will be done when it's time for switch to the summer wheels in about a month.

Thanks for reading if you got through it LOL

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Today was the time for my Kia cee'd SW TD to be washed. Some old method and a new method for me to use. The last wash a month ago. It was not as bad as I thought it would be.

This is what I started with. No pre-rinse done this time and it's not something I useally do either. As I want the prewash to be applyied on as a dry surface as possible. On this picture you can see some tiny gravel. This is what is used inside of the cities and towns and villages where the speed limits is lower. You can also see the water hangs on the side panels.

So I start with applying BBV Degreaser HD. Which is like a tar remover but can also be applyied on a wet surface. If you have tried a tar remover on wet paint most gets like a milky solution. And this was completly free from tar and protected with Carpro Hydro2 lite a month ago. The tar remover I only apply up to just before the windows on the side panels and the back of the car.

Without rinsing the tar remover off. I apply Bilt Hamber Surfex HD at 1:20 from a Kwazar pump sprayer bottle over the whole car. And yes over the tar remover too. This is to desolve the oily road film that gets on the vehicals and other organic grime. Bilt Hamber Surfex HD is a alkaline based degreaser and an APC. Think they claim that the surfactans is polymers.

You have seen the water how it clings on the side panels. This is before picture of how the beading looks on a month old Hydro2 lite before the wash.

The hood after the Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and just PW it off. I use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. So thoroughly go over the panel from bottom and work my way up with the width the PW nozzle tip has.

This is the side panel after the tar remover and Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and cleaned with the water pressure from the PW. Some beading and sheeting revived. But also noticeble degraded water behavior. Had the Gyeon Wet Coat last winter and feel like it standed up better than Hydro2 lite has done. And Wet Coat now with 50% longer longevity in their new formula for 2019. I think I will go back to Wet Coat or Sonax Spray and Seal. But very interested how Wet Coat is now so think it's time to order some of that. And they have another brand there that has a lime scale remover car soap which I will get too. Many like that to get a coating more revived with it in combo with tar remover and iron remover when decon wash the coating.

The old method was the tar remover and apply a TFR degreaser directly over it. And the new method maybe gets many to cringe LOL. I bought a Vikan wash brush and it has a water outlet in the brush too. So a wash pole which you can connect to the garden hose and you get flowing water through the brush. I just have an ordinary pole on mine. And an other shape of the wash bucket with a grit guard that fit in it. Used Carpro Reset car soap and the Vikan wash brush and I rinsed it out very often. No pressure where added and just tried to guide it and 2-3 wipe was only needed as a mf wash mitt does and I got a clean paint. I think it worked great and this brush is very soft bristles brush. So what I could notice I did not marring the paint with it. Will see if I continue to use it. Thinking maybe use it on the roof and on the lower parts of the side panels and the rest with wash mitt and wash pads of mf.

Here is my new brush beside a same Vikan wash brush but wider. Would you use the other one on your car LOL? It's the wash bay where I am that has that and all of the other brushes was in the same condition. I take my own stuff with me and use their PW and water only.

Finished with a new coat of the Hydro2 lite and dried with the leafblower

The wheels was just cleaned with Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus and PW. The yellowing need a acidic based wheel cleaner to get fully cleaned. So that will be done when it's time for switch to the summer wheels in about a month.

Thanks for reading if you got through it LOL

/ Tony
    I have A.D.D sir so I made it as far as the second paragraph What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes SWETM, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m afraid I only made it that far also and I have no such diagnosis.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    I have A.D.D sir so I made it as far as the second paragraph What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's nice to look at pictures too LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    It's nice to look at pictures too LOL
    Hey that's why Instagram is popular now lol. Hang out for all the A.D.D graduatesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 110 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 10601001011021031041051061071081091101111121131141151161171181191201602106101110 ... LastLast