autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I got out there to do one of those "Sanity Washes" this morning and my God is it mugggggyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I just used Griot's Garage foaming surface wash, let dwell, rinsed and free flowing water. I dried it quickly as the humidity is high already. Speaking of drying it, the fresh coat of Nv Lustre had the beading OFF THE CHARTS! The sun got in the way of a good pic but these beads were HOF beadsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While drying the door jams I decided to install a gift given to me by my buddy Marsin. I met him a year ago and have given him a number of detailing products and even donated a limited edition Hyundai Elantra N Blipshift shirt as a giveaway for his YouTube channel (Polish Bullitt)

I now have N Performance Alcantara e-brake handle, armrest and shiftknob and boot and now their door scuff plates, soon the N Performance intakeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Uncbrs, CleanIT, Big Dave, Prange, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buick got a rinseless with feynlab pure, foam cannon pretreat with mix of decon and lift(dunno how it go mixed...oops lol) and hit with iron remover as well. I did NOT top it, going to run Mohs evo naked for a while.

Thanks to Guz's old rinselss videos, i ordered 914 to try. Going to step away from onr for a bit and run clean bare paint for a while.

Quick wipedown of interior as well. Jeep also got the same entire treatment+ topped with amplify. yesterday.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My next detailing project arrived today. It’s in like new condition but customer wants it clayed. We’ll see if it needs polishing after the claybar then get it coated. Looking forward to this 1. Should be fun.

hope your pricing isn't just based on the number of doors. that should be like an 8-door sedan.

5. Likes opie, chilly, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I got out there to do one of those "Sanity Washes" this morning and my God is it mugggggyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    yeah, I punted on doing a wash today after seeing next weekend's forecast (10+ degrees cooler).

7. Likes Klasse Act, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ric is a VIP What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I backed it into the driveway no problem. Lol.
    The last time someone brought me a limo I wanted nothing to do with driving it and had the customer back it in, but this time I wanted to try it and it wasn’t difficult at all.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    That’s a lot of paint to clay! Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea and I just went out and touched the paint and it feels rough as hell. 1 of those situations that makes me think I should iron decon 1st. but I’m not sure if I have enough iron decon on hand to cover the entire vehicle.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol. [edit: I just checked, I’ve got 2 full bottles of Ultimate Wheel Cleaner]

The good thing is the roof is vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    hope your pricing isn't just based on the number of doors. that should be like an 8-door sedan.
    I’m gonna earn good on this limo.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Prange, Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used the Geist leather cleaner on the Jaguar. Just outstanding results. It was too hot to go farther on it. I’ll apply the other 2 steps next weekend. I also vac’d and cleaned the front floor mats. I used the Nextzett vinyl deep cleaner and the Weathertech preserver. Great combo. I also Amplify’d the Dodge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prange View Post
    Used the Geist leather cleaner on the Jaguar. Just outstanding results. It was too hot to go farther on it. I’ll apply the other 2 steps next weekend. I also vac’d and cleaned the front floor mats. I used the Nextzett vinyl deep cleaner and the Weathertech preserver. Great combo. I also Amplify’d the Dodge.
    Your going to love the Geist leather conditioner What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Ran my work van through the touch-free wash this morning. I need to try some iron remover on its rear doors, specs all over it from driving WEEKS needing rear brakes...and it showsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    Welcome! I think it does. Paint looks noticeably better. I'm impressed.

"This creates a sharp reflection after treatment and a "lightly polished" look to the paint film that cannot be achieved with standard stain removal or oil removal processes."

"Improvement of the reflection of the painted surface and smoothing of the surface of the paint film."
    So I ended up buying the Glaze, which is fairly similar to Cleansing. Used it quickly on a small section after it arrived yesterday and same experience as you but a dry application. It did not really cover any blemishes but the paint was squeaky clean and ready for protection. I had just washed it 48hrs prior and it knocked out any previous protection applied in that wash. Pretty crazy how little effort went into it and yet I would have been comfortable adding any sort of LSP as if I had just polished.

I can't wait to do a larger area and know now I can comfortably layer OR do it properly and eliminate old protection to try new products. Good stuff coming out of Japan!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

14. Likes MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Messing around a bit today with the Limo. I cleaned the interior and also the wheels & tires. Finished off the wheels with a quick spray/rinse of Armor All Ceramic Wash.

Little details on the exterior such as the door handles & keyholes which were extraordinarily dirty are now perfectly clean.

The limo has 4 sets of chrome opera lights [3 light bars per set] which were in terrible condition.

I was able to make a dramatic difference by polishing them out with some 0000 steel wool.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I plan to go over them again as I just picked up a new batch of steel wool, but those are the initial results.^

I also polished the grill & hood emblem with the steel wool and restored the chrome to like new condition. It’s poppin.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 1091 of 1219 FirstFirst ... 91591991104110811082108310841085108610871088108910901091109210931094109510961097109810991100110111411191 ... LastLast