autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Great job! Good pics as well. I bet your loving your tent! and wish you had one sooner.
    I don't wrap mine up all nice and put away anymore. I just leave it in the middle of shop on floor till next detail. Or leave it set up overnight if I'm doing a vehicle following day.
    Thx and yea totally love the tent so far. I wasn’t sure if it would completely shield the heat because it’s dark grey but it certainly does. I also bought a side wall but the way the sun currently is I haven’t needed it so far.

I take it down if there’s no car to detail since it’s so easy and quick to do. Don’t even have to undo the velcro straps to open up/take down. Only thing is I wish it was a little bit taller. I’ve got an H2 Hummer in the driveway now and it’s too big for the tent, but then again Hummers are pretty much too big for anything. Lol.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    First off to my Aussie friends...Nv is the sh!tWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today's wash was a more D E E P clean as I felt my paint last night, after going through the touch-free wash, and it felt a little gritty, so I knew what I was going to be doing this morning...let's get to itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started off with Bilt-Hamber Karrosol, their iron remover and to my surprise I had some bleeding, inparticular the corners, so a good sign! While it was dwelling, I foamed the EN down with 3 oz of Nv Snow+ mixed with an ounce of DIY Detail Incredible Suds and let THAT dwell along with KarrosolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While the duo was doing its thing I turned my attention to the rims and tires, Brake Buster in the IK Foam Pro 1.5 to the rescue, along with 3 brushes and it made quick work of things, always a winner as my go to maintence wheel/tire cleanerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then rinsed EVERYTHING down thoroughly and then used free flowing water to flush out the jams and windshield cowl, also to knock down the beads. Dried with the DPC and Griot's Garage PFM towels...EASYWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It was now time to apply a new to me product...Nv Jet! Have heard sooo much about this product but after watching Sandro's video over a month ago I took the plunge, actually bought several other Nv products (Snow and Snow+) along w/ Jet and Lustre, the latter I haven't used yet but I know I will VERY soon! Anywho I had a 350 GSM Eagle edgeless to apply with and a 500 GSM to do the final buff. I now know what the hype is all about here...the sickness was immediate after the buff BUT the gloss....OMG THE G L O S SWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I stay ontop of my car and I can honestly SEE the difference, it's been taken to 11What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    And Jet is the protector. Lustre is the one that suppose to make it look good. Can’t wait for your opinions on that.

A lot recommend to top Lustre with Jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    And Jet is the protector. Lustre is the one that suppose to make it look good. Can’t wait for your opinions on that.

Oh crap, I did it backwardsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I'll try and get Lustre on the car this weekend "just to see" but I did notice my gloss up a "tick" with JetWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Was a *very* nice combo on black; the ‘Jetting’ effect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've had a little bit of rain since I washed the FJ last weekend, it wasn't dirty but there were some water "runs" from the door handles and mirrors, so I gave it a very light wipe down with Ech2o. I could feel the difference between the white and the silver paint, the white was so much slicker, it has the Lustre/Jet combo on it while the silver has Collinite 845.

Also had to remove some bird crap from the hood of the Qashqai, I used Bowden's Boss Gloss for that.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

9. Likes Klasse Act, Eldorado2k, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    We've had a little bit of rain since I washed the FJ last weekend, it wasn't dirty but there were some water "runs" from the door handles and mirrors, so I gave it a very light wipe down with Ech2o. I could feel the difference between the white and the silver paint, the white was so much slicker, it has the Lustre/Jet combo on it while the silver has Collinite 845.

Also had to remove some bird crap from the hood of the Qashqai, I used Bowden's Boss Gloss for that.

Yeah the Jet/Lustre combo will probably replace #845 for yah huhWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the Jet/Lustre combo will probably replace #845 for yah huhWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I think so, but I'll have to get some more Lustre soon. I've had it for a while, and I have maybe enough for 2 or 3 more applications.

I'll give the silver on the FJ a light polish with Carpro Essence, then give it the Lustre/Jet treatment, and put another layer of Jet on the roof at the same time.

I can't even remember what's protecting the Qashqai at the moment, I used to keep a notebook, but I haven't kept up with it. I'd have to go back through all my posts to see what was the last long term thing I put on it. I've used a lot of short term spray and wipes, but it still washes very easily.

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Uncbrs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so, but I'll have to get some more Lustre soon. I've had it for a while, and I have maybe enough for 2 or 3 more applications.

I'll give the silver on the FJ a light polish with Carpro Essence, then give it the Lustre/Jet treatment, and put another layer of Jet on the roof at the same time.

I can't even remember what's protecting the Qashqai at the moment, I used to keep a notebook, but I haven't kept up with it. I'd have to go back through all my posts to see what was the last long term thing I put on it. I've used a lot of short term spray and wipes, but it still washes very easily.

What's the price of Jet & Lustre in its home country? The reason I ask is because it's fairly expensive here. I paid $67.00 for those 2 bottles. Speaking of them, the sprayers...What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

What's the price of Jet & Lustre in its home country? The reason I ask is because it's fairly expensive here. I paid $67.00 for those 2 bottles. Speaking of them, the sprayers...What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Jet is normally $41.60 for the 250ml
    Lustre is $51.95 for the 250ml

But they're both on sale at the moment, 20% off. They have regular sales so I'm not tempted at the moment.

Yes the sprayers seem a little flimsy, but they do seem to last. About 9 or 10 years ago I drove down to Melbourne to pick up some wheels, any excuse for a roadtrip, and called in at their head office. I was browsing and talking to them about what I was using, they gave this Crystal Seal as a free sample, worth about $50, to try out. I believe it's a similar product to Lustre, same sprayer, and it still works, the bottle is still half full. My problem is I keep buying the new hotness before I finish the old one off.

Just found a video for it from 9 years ago, shows some amazing sheeting at the end.

Concours Crystal Seal: Energise (Amazing Beading) - YouTube

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jet is normally $41.60 for the 250ml
    Lustre is $51.95 for the 250ml

But they're both on sale at the moment, 20% off. They have regular sales so I'm not tempted at the moment.

Yes the sprayers seem a little flimsy, but they do seem to last. About 9 or 10 years ago I drove down to Melbourne to pick up some wheels, any excuse for a roadtrip, and called in at their head office. I was browsing and talking to them about what I was using, they gave this Crystal Seal as a free sample, worth about $50, to try out. I believe it's a similar product to Lustre, same sprayer, and it still works, the bottle is still half full. My problem is I keep buying the new hotness before I finish the old one off.

Just found a video for it from 9 years ago, shows some amazing sheeting at the end.

Concours Crystal Seal: Energise (Amazing Beading) - YouTube

I too buy the new hotness, hence why my "silence of the lambs" room is so fullWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes Big Dave, Uncbrs liked this post
Page 1074 of 1220 FirstFirst ... 74574974102410641065106610671068106910701071107210731074107510761077107810791080108110821083108411241174 ... LastLast