autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6AM Wash done. Rough week at work. Needed that detail fix. Now on to grocery shopping and cutting grass. Then without a doubt it's MILLER TIME.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes opie, SNP209, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got in an 8 a.m wash but as I was using Ech2o as a drying aid it started to lightly Mist so what did I do...ofcoarse, I continued around the ENWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started with Bilt-Hamber Surfex @3:1 on the tires, wheels and wells, all 4 brushes used. I then added 2 oz of Veros Ceramic pre-wash and 1 oz of Bilt-Hamber Touchless into my Griot's Garage foam gun and laid it down and let dwell for a longer time since it was overcast. Rinsing away just produced the tightest beadsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I reached for Ech2o mixed as a QD but like I mentioned it started to Mist but I applied it anyways. Later on I'll run it through the touch-free wash "to make it right" because I'll stopping by the dealership to meet my new contact over there, he reached out to me on the phone to introduce himself and ask about my EN. He really wants to see the car inperson so it's gotta look greatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after lunch I did a quick wipedown of the EN w/Bilt-Hamber QD to get it ready for....ZAINO, Z-CS to be exactWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?️It was overcast but a little muggy, so I had to level it with a 350 GSM Eagle edgeless afterwards, no problem.

Before I leveled it I applied a light coat of Auto-Fanatic tire dressing and sprayed some 3D Mango inside the EN. I also did a quick wipedown of the engine bay as well.

Once leveled down it was looking good already and IIRC after an hour the "candy look" should start appearing, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes Uncbrs, JDGolden, Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tires/ wheels with Megs non acid wheel and tire, then washed with 3D Pink, dried with a PFM.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

8. Likes Uncbrs, SNP209, PA DETAILER, Big Dave, PaulMys and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ....ZAINO, Z-CS .

]

Maybe I should order some of that. Zaino was super popular back when the fbody I have were still being built. Go period correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

10. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Waited until the driveway was in the shade around 6pm and did wheels/tires and a RW. It was still 80+ out. Tomorrow morning I'll do tire dressing (Griot's ceramic on 3 and DG253 on 1 to compare).

12. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a Yelp customer come in for an undercarriage on a Toyota 4X4. Looks like he does allot of off roading and the father had a fit! when he saw under the truck. Used allot of 1-1 APC and some steam to chase it away.

14. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a 1st world problem but it's MY problem and it's these fukcin' pine trees, is there a way to kill them and/or make them stop making these little dots all over my carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Because I already cleaned the EN this morning and applied Z-CS to it I was HOPING it would just stop already...but no! I went for a walk and couldn't take it anymore, so when I got home I decided to do a RW.

I had 3.5 gallons of water and added 3 oz of P&S Absolut RW to the bucket and swirled it around, dropped in the Legacy sponge and got crackin'! Since the car wasn't dirty I didn't see the need to pre-treat here, did use the grit guard though. I basically went around the entire car, dunkin' and wringin' every section and then drying with The Gaunlet...I feel soooo much better nowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm sure it will be a mess by morning but I'm heading out to FuelFed Barrington C&C tomorrow, so it will be run through the touch-free wash, not that I'm in the show but I'm not parking the EN a "mess"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

...anyways, about those pine trees What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

When my g/f went to bed I took her Cruze for a wash at the touch-free. For the pre-wash I used Veros Ceramic pre-wash w/ a splash of Bilt-Hamber Touchless for good measure. After the wash and driving home I decided to clean the windows, especially the inside of the windshield...my God was it badWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I ended up doing all the windows, inside and out AND in the dark, only the parking lot light for help. I know this...it's 100% better than before.

I'll dress the tires with "something" in the morning before I head out to C&CWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used the Armour Detail Supply Iron remover, Decon wash in the BOSS cannon, then the Decon in a 2-bucket wash. They both worked great.

I'll clay tomorrow morning, then out comes the new G9 with the Correcting Cream. Post polishing, I'll apply the Armour Ceramic.

19. Likes opie, DanaDetailingPros, Jayfro liked this post
Page 1054 of 1220 FirstFirst ... 54554954100410441045104610471048104910501051105210531054105510561057105810591060106110621063106411041154 ... LastLast