autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Reapplied dimond pro tech glass coating 2 days ago. First applied in april. Still was repelling water but not really doing so until about 55mph. Did 2 coats this time.

Rained this morning, and as soon as i left for work, the water started flying off the windshield at 30mph.

Honestly for the money i think its worth keeping a bottle in the fridge. Its so easy to use!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Big Dave, MisterSnoop, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn’t take the yellow color. Painted it to go with the blue gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t mean to double dip, but app ver. Can’t add?

Post Thanks / Like

Worked an 8 hr day and had time to wash the EN...at home! Plus I have a new product to try out, let's do thisWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started out with Griot's Garage wheel cleaner and 3 brushes, knocked that out easily, love clean, inner barrels What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was a sap maintence, no touch wash and for this I used Nv Snow+ (big thanks to Deyon for the info and nudge on this product) So I had 4 oz of Snow+ and 1 gallon of distilled in the IK Foam Pro 12 and DAAAAAYM did it Foam great, wasn't expecting that from a stronger pH product, I think next time I'll do 2 oz. Anywho...it's like sunny and 85 degrees and I had to work fast but I had a plan for that. I went around the EN twice and only let it dwell for about 2 minutes after the 2nd go around. Upon rinsing it down the beads stood in attention, really gave it a good, deep clean. Yes I wash the EN almost every day but I don't pre-wash everytime, so I'm sure I get a build up of the car washes "wax" and "protectant", so a good, strong pre-wash once a week is a good idea IMO.

Now like I said it's hot and sunny, so I simply pulled the EN up between the building in the shade and dried it off, no free flowing water to wash down the beads this timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It dried VERY easily and I must say Nv Snow+ has already impressed me and I'm not looking forward to a "dirty" car like if it ever rains again but I'll be looking forward to it's performance on road grime/dirt before doing a 2BMWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Later on tonight I'll be taking the g/f's Cruze to the touch-free wash and using Nv Snow (regular pre-wash) to see how it does. Like snow plus, I used 4 oz/1 gallon in the IK Foam Pro 12, it's locked, loaded and ready to go...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes PaulMys, Big Dave, SNP209, Tasmania, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-wash w/4oz of Nv Snow/1 gallon of distilled...2 oz is probably MORE than enough! I will say this ratio did cling but began to run down after a couple of minutes (has TWHS Seal & Shine on it)

I'm now waiting to go into the touch-free wash What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, Tasmania, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All dried and ready to be tucked in for the night...oh and the car tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

10. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, DFB, Odrapnew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Worked an 8 hr day and had time to wash the EN...at home! Plus I have a new product to try out, let's do thisWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was a sap maintence, no touch wash and for this I used Nv Snow+ (big thanks to Deyon for the info and nudge on this product) So I had 4 oz of Snow+ and 1 gallon of distilled in the IK Foam Pro 12 and DAAAAAYM did it Foam great, wasn't expecting that from a stronger pH product, I think next time I'll do 2 oz. Anywho...it's like sunny and 85 degrees and I had to work fast but I had a plan for that. I went around the EN twice and only let it dwell for about 2 minutes after the 2nd go around. Upon rinsing it down the beads stood in attention, really gave it a good, deep clean. Yes I wash the EN almost every day but I don't pre-wash everytime, so I'm sure I get a build up of the car washes "wax" and "protectant", so a good, strong pre-wash once a week is a good idea IMO.

Now like I said it's hot and sunny, so I simply pulled the EN up between the building in the shade and dried it off, no free flowing water to wash down the beads this timeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It dried VERY easily and I must say Nv Snow+ has already impressed me and I'm not looking forward to a "dirty" car like if it ever rains again but I'll be looking forward to it's performance on road grime/dirt before doing a 2BMWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Later on tonight I'll be taking the g/f's Cruze to the touch-free wash and using Nv Snow (regular pre-wash) to see how it does. Like snow plus, I used 4 oz/1 gallon in the IK Foam Pro 12, it's locked, loaded and ready to go...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Pre-wash w/4oz of Nv Snow/1 gallon of distilled...2 oz is probably MORE than enough! I will say this ratio did cling but began to run down after a couple of minutes (has TWHS Seal & Shine on it)

I'm now waiting to go into the touch-free wash What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Overall, what did you think of Snow and Snow+?

Post Thanks / Like

Enev though its now raining and is supposed to for the next few days, i could not wait to test out my fresh first time order from armour detail supply.

First off i will not test out ceramic sealant today since its not suppossed to get wet for 8 hrs, and im not taking a chance on having issues like i have in the past with curing times.

Tried out adapt. Went out and did a quick wipedown of the buicks interior and the door jams. Definatly cleans, as i pulled dirt from off the leather steering wheel/gear shifter from dirty hands from work. Nice smell, can notice some slickness. Liking it so far.

All three vehicles are dirty and with incoming rain i was not doing an entire wash. Truck and buick are both topped with pa cosmic spritz, so the jeep is the test dumby. It was recoated with mohs evo(canoat on roof and side glass) bout a month ago. Its not topped so perfect time to test out amplify.

So after spritzing the panels with adapt and then cleaned with pure rinseless on the entire front clip.Amplify was up to bat.

Amplify does just that. Added shine to the suface. So easy to use, simple wipe on/off using eagle edgeless 350. Definatly noticed a uptick in slickness. Water beading is excellent as well. No streaking.

Nothing but good things to say about Adapt, Amplify so far. Cant wait to try ceramic sealant.

Further use of said products will tell if i buy gallons or not.

13. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs, SNP209, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Radar changed. So went out to clean the rest of the jeep. Pre soaked each panel with 3d waterless wash as im trying to use up the last of that gallon follwed by a pure rinseless wash.

Wiped down after with amplify. Redid the hood with ceramic sealant, then topped with amplify to protect from any rain that might come later.

Fwiw ill have a better gauge on the ceramic sealant after i use it on an entire vehicle. But the little bit i used on the hood was very nice. Slick, easy on/off. Was used in partial clouds, panel was a warm but had no streaks! Personally that has been one of my biggiest issues with other ceramic sealants.

Also wiped down the jeeps interior/door jams with adapt.

So far really impressed with all three products. Only time will tell but, might become a staple on my shelf.

15. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Likes Uncbrs, MisterSnoop, The Guz, SNP209, Big Dave and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3 SUV’s in a rowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 1043 of 1231 FirstFirst ... 4354394399310331034103510361037103810391040104110421043104410451046104710481049105010511052105310931143 ... LastLast