autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That's a great bit of info for sure, now I'm wondering if I'll even "see it" on my Cyber GrayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'll keep everyone updated on this Aussie legendary product lineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I’d imagine you’ll certainly see it on the gray, it can be a great combo. It just had a stunningly great ‘Jetting’ effect on black…but that’s black for ya (for the entire 15 minutes after a wash that it’s truly clean What did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great bit of info for sure, now I'm wondering if I'll even "see it" on my Cyber GrayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

As you saw I bought their soaps too, now DIY Detail Incredible Suds has a pH of 8.5 and I see the Nv decon soap is an 8, so not sure it will make THAT much of a difference but when I do use Lustre/Jet, I'll be using the Nv decon wash first.

Not too many brands I wanna try out there but Kamkazi has always made me wonder, maybe after my bottle of Gyeon Pure EVO is used upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'll keep everyone updated on this Aussie legendary product lineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I recently applied the Lustre/Jet Combo on the white roof of the FJ. I found it very easy to apply, and white came up super glossy. Admittedly this was after polishing with Carpro Essence, so it could be from that, or both. I'll be giving it a wash today or tomorrow, I may then decide to apply it to the rest of the truck.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

3. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I recently applied the Lustre/Jet Combo on the white roof of the FJ. I found it very easy to apply, and white came up super glossy. Admittedly this was after polishing with Carpro Essence, so it could be from that, or both. I'll be giving it a wash today or tomorrow, I may then decide to apply it to the rest of the truck.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    That's right, I knew this combo was recently familiar, keep us updated DaveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned the WeatherTechs again.

They were looking pretty good after that but still put the WT protectant on.

Then I cleaned the windshield and clayed it. Claying may not have been necessary since the windshield got installed yesterday. Then put on Invisible Glass Clean & Repel on the driver's side. Griot's ceramic glass cleaner will go on the passenger side to compare them.

Also did a RW on the tires to see how the Griot's ceramic tire dressing was doing. It's a mixed bag at 3 weeks, especially with all the rain this past week.

7. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Cleaned the WeatherTechs again.

They were looking pretty good after that but still put the WT protectant on.

Then I cleaned the windshield and clayed it. Claying may not have been necessary since the windshield got installed yesterday. Then put on Invisible Glass Clean & Repel on the driver's side. Griot's ceramic glass cleaner will go on the passenger side to compare them.

Also did a RW on the tires to see how the Griot's ceramic tire dressing was doing. It's a mixed bag at 3 weeks, especially with all the rain this past week.
    I'm a big fan of the WT combo on their mats ever since it came out! As far as the Griot's Garage Ceramic tire dressing, I feel it's a very solid product but like many of have experienced with tire products, it really comes down to what the tires acceptWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

As you saw I bought their soaps too, now DIY Detail Incredible Suds has a pH of 8.5 and I see the Nv decon soap is an 8, so not sure it will make THAT much of a difference but when I do use Lustre/Jet, I'll be using the Nv decon wash first.

I know I detail this in a PM, but for those reading, both NV soaps don't measure in at the quoted 7.2 and 8.1 pH levels.

Snow in raw form......................

Snow diluted as recommended.................

Snow+ raw..............................

Snow+ diluted................

So, you may be surprised by the cleaning ability of both soaps. NV did give me an official take on this, which I wont publish on the open forum, so if you want to read it, send me a PM.

In my case, I stopped using both soaps because of the fact I mostly use waxes and sealants. But for a ceramic coating, you will be fine.

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I know I detail this in a PM, but for those reading, both NV soaps don't measure in at the quoted 7.2 and 8.1 pH levels.

Snow in raw form......................

Snow diluted as recommended.................

Snow+ raw..............................

Snow+ diluted................

So, you may be surprised by the cleaning ability of both soaps. NV did give me an official take on this, which I wont publish on the open forum, so if you want to read it, send me a PM.

In my case, I stopped using both soaps because of the fact I mostly use waxes and sealants. But for a ceramic coating, you will be fine.
    Deyon, THANK YOU for those reading!

I'm now thinking I'll approach them, for the most part, like I do with Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam, which are 12 & 13 pH levels according to them.

Your comment about waxes and sealants got me to thinking about your fleet, you've coated the Jag, right? It so, will the upcoming Mustang get coated straight awayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Deyon, THANK YOU for those reading!

I'm now thinking I'll approach them, for the most part, like I do with Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam, which are 12 & 13 pH levels according to them.

Your comment about waxes and sealants got me to thinking about your fleet, you've coated the Jag, right? It so, will the upcoming Mustang get coated straight awayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Those figures were taken before I applied Gyeon Pure EVO to the Jag, and Can Coat EVO the Wildtrac. In which case, I would be happy to use Snow and Snow+ again. For background, Snow was in my top 3 soaps before I decided to step away due to the pH levels. I ended up using Snow as a pre-soak on dirtier cars, in which case it did very well, although probably not to the same level the Bilt Hamber stuff, which I'm yet to try.

S650 Mustang will be coated straight away........................if Ford ever get their act together and actually start making the things. Production has been delayed due to quality control issues. I'm going to take some long service leave when it arrives and spend some time getting to spec.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Those figures were taken before I applied Gyeon Pure EVO to the Jag, and Can Coat EVO the Wildtrac. In which case, I would be happy to use Snow and Snow+ again. For background, Snow was in my top 3 soaps before I decided to step away due to the pH levels. I ended up using Snow as a pre-soak on dirtier cars, in which case it did very well, although probably not to the same level the Bilt Hamber stuff, which I'm yet to try.

S650 Mustang will be coated straight away........................if Ford ever get their act together and actually start making the things. Production has been delayed due to quality control issues. I'm going to take some long service leave when it arrives and spend some time getting to spec.
    When I go back home I'll drive past the Flat Rock plant and yell out the window at them to get their sh!t togetherWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes DFB, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I go back home I'll drive past the Flat Rock plant and yell out the window at them to get their sh!t togetherWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thanks, I'm sure that will sort them out!

What I don't understand with Ford is unveiling future models and then taking so long to get them to market, which softens the impact of the vehicle when it finally goes on sale.

Page 1037 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 3753793798710271028102910301031103210331034103510361037103810391040104110421043104410451046104710871137 ... LastLast