autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wellers isn’t too hard to get around here. Buffalo Trace is easy enough. Last summer it was like finding a 2 liter of Sprite. Everywhere.

Some of my favorites are Emerald Giant, Bower Hill Single Barrel, and Russell’s Reserve 10 year.

Nothing detail related yet today. But I need to do an oil change/ rotation on my Jeep. Every time I do that the barrels of the wheels get a good cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Have you also tried at 1:1? On social media I kept seeing complaints of streaking so I avoided buying it in one of the numerous sales at TCG. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    I can now report that I have tried Bilt-Hamber concentrated QD @1:1 and what you read is SPOT ON!

I tried it on my g/f's Cruze once out of the touch-free wash and it was certainly streaky on the hood, you could feel it's just too strong at that level and Bilt-Hamber themselves should know how strong their products areWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once I got home I turned that 1:1 into a 3:1 ratio, so I'll be trying the 3:1 on the EN shortly. I have tried it @5:1 w/o an issue and I can feel the smoothness/slicknessWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Before the wash the Cruze was treated to a Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam beforehand and it came out great! In closing I did use the aforementioned 1:1 Bilt-Hamber concentrated QD on the tires and wheels and thought it finished out great thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Thanks Uncbrs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After cleaning up the g/f's Cruze it was time for the EN, a bit of deeper clean this morning, here we goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Started out by using CG's GlossworkZ for the tires & wheels (almost finished up with this product, glad I found a use for itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) I used 3 brushes and .ost importantly got the barrels clean. Once done cleaning and rinsing them I finished up a bottle of DIY Detail Quick Beads on all 4 wheels, no worries as I've got another bottle ready to go as well as Pure:ests version of it, stay "tuned" for thoughts on that "new to me" productWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was DIY Detail's Water Spot Remover, a spray on, rinse off product infact, so really looked forward to this! I sprayed the entire EN down with it, let dwell for 2 minutes and rinsed away and the beading upon rinsing seemed to be a little more "tight". Next was a pre-wash using Griot's Garage Brillant Shine snow foam, let dwell and rinsed away, no issuesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While it was wet I sprayed Bilt-Hamber concentrated QD @3:1 as a drying aid and it worked flawlessly, left the paint smooth, slick and glossy...another HR from across the pond What did you do today, in regards to detailing? (via The Clean Garage)

I moved the car to the street where there's no pine trees, the sap is still a thing but a few larger globs lately, sure they come off but that's not the point, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Haven't added a tire refresh....yet, but I will, ofcoarse but a light amount What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sunny out right now. I vacuumed the interior.

Then pulled out the WeatherTechs to clean them. It was sunny enough that the cleaner was drying up pretty quick so I'll wait until I have more shade to take another pass at them.

6. Likes Klasse Act, PA DETAILER, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Early afternoon Maintenace wash on the truck today. Wet wax as the drying aid.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Yes you can. parkscarcare dot com
    You were first and then Crack chimed in, just placed an order with Parks to try NV products...damn I've got a REAL problem What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Thanks noorth, DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    You were first and then Crack chimed in, just placed an order with Parks to try NV products...damn I've got a REAL problem What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Got that Marolex bottle to get free shipping, REALLY looking forward to trying this stuff but that Lustre/Jet will probably be used before I go to the Dragon, stuff isn't cheap and I've got HIGH expectations for that duo...anyone wanna chime in, would be greatly appreciated What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Added a coat of P&S Dream Maker to the EN, it's been a while using this product. The EN has been parked in the shade all afternoon so it was an easy application, although there was something on the glass and if it's sap I don't know where it came fromWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While not in the show tomorrow I wanna look good heading out for Father's Day with my familyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes JDGolden, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    … but that Lustre/Jet will probably be used before I go to the Dragon, stuff isn't cheap and I've got HIGH expectations for that duo...anyone wanna chime in, would be greatly appreciated What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I gave the Lustre/Jet combo a try for a few months back in Summer of 2021. Used it on our black Corvette that had STEK PPF + coating on it. It was a fantastic look on black…really quite deep, inky and velvety gloss…*very* pleasing. Water behavior was quite good in the rain too…water was really hustling across the hood. Application wasn’t difficult but wasn’t all that fun, likely excessive POLISHANGEL Cosmic Spritz usage had spoiled me in that regard. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Used it on a coated Aegean Blue Metallic Civic as well, was nice but not the same “Wow” as on black. I believe both Lustre & Jet worked best with short nap 300gsm for application followed by fluffier 350gsm to clean it up.

It was nice combo but the more I used it (often Jet only to freshen per Nick Parks, Lustre thought to be more durable so no need to ‘combo it’ every time) it seemed to get a little schizophrenic…sometimes it was amazing, other times merely good bearing in mind that ‘merely good’ is still pretty good.

I think it shows it’s best attributes on darker colors and longevity wasn’t mind boggling but when it was good, it was a fantastic look on black!

Will be interested to hear your thoughts when you give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I gave the Lustre/Jet combo a try for a few months back in Summer of 2021. Used it on our black Corvette that had STEK PPF + coating on it. It was a fantastic look on black…really quite deep, inky and velvety gloss…*very* pleasing. Water behavior was quite good in the rain too…water was really hustling across the hood. Application wasn’t difficult but wasn’t all that fun, likely excessive POLISHANGEL Cosmic Spritz usage had spoiled me in that regard. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Used it on a coated Aegean Blue Metallic Civic as well, was nice but not the same “Wow” as on black. I believe both Lustre & Jet worked best with short nap 300gsm for application followed by fluffier 350gsm to clean it up.

It was nice combo but the more I used it (often Jet only to freshen per Nick Parks, Lustre thought to be more durable so no need to ‘combo it’ every time) it seemed to get a little schizophrenic…sometimes it was amazing, other times merely good bearing in mind that ‘merely good’ is still pretty good.

I think it shows it’s best attributes on darker colors and longevity wasn’t mind boggling but when it was good, it was a fantastic look on black!

Will be interested to hear your thoughts when you give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's a great bit of info for sure, now I'm wondering if I'll even "see it" on my Cyber GrayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

As you saw I bought their soaps too, now DIY Detail Incredible Suds has a pH of 8.5 and I see the Nv decon soap is an 8, so not sure it will make THAT much of a difference but when I do use Lustre/Jet, I'll be using the Nv decon wash first.

Not too many brands I wanna try out there but Kamkazi has always made me wonder, maybe after my bottle of Gyeon Pure EVO is used upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'll keep everyone updated on this Aussie legendary product lineWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1036 of 1230 FirstFirst ... 3653693698610261027102810291030103110321033103410351036103710381039104010411042104310441045104610861136 ... LastLast