autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Did a wash on my dads truck. Clay, and hd speed tomorrow. Interior work tomorrow evening or Friday morning and I’ll drive it back to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

2. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, SNP209, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed with foam gun and multiple MF pads with Ammo method. Wheels and tires used

Really loving Tacs Systems Mystic Bubble. Probably my favorite soap (along with AutoFoam).

Use it for everything.

Super Slick, suds well, great dilution.

Polish angel SuperSport on exhaust tips and DarkSide on tires.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow is the first time I am detailing a vehicle for profit in a very long time. Doing an exterior detail on my neighbors 2013 GMC Acadia. It's been used and abused by automatic washes for a long time he said and the clearcoat shows it. I made sure he understood what I was going to do would not remove any of those and he understands that. He said "just do what I see you doing to yours all the time." He means my standard two-hour maintenance wash. Well, two hours on a familiar car, not on an unfamiliar SUV. I told him give me three hours and $75. He said absolutely. I feel I do a fairly thorough maintenance wash and he will be pleased. I was hoping he would let me do his wife's Mazda CX-30 but it's a lease and he said he doesn't care about that one. I wanna get up close and personal to that red chromatic paint that Mazda has, I love it. Soul Red I think it is called? Beautiful. I wanna touch it

MAZDA: Soul Red: Breathtakingly Beautiful but Gruelingly Challenging | We are Engineers

This paint ^
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After work I did "the usual" and upon getting home from grocery store I tried a new to me product on the EN...Bilt-Hamber concentrated QD. I diluted it 5:1 in an old Sonax bottle (love those German engineered bottles/sprayers. This product was a B R E E Z E to use and left my paint glossy for sure. There is a 1:1 ratio for MAX gloss and slightly higher ratios for a little less and honestly I'm leaning towards 3:1 right now, especially since I've got other products and my car is generally glossy alreadyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did a quick top off of the tires using ECO Touch, light coat and it really POPSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After work I did "the usual" and upon getting home from grocery store I tried a new to me product on the EN...Bilt-Hamber concentrated QD. I diluted it 5:1 in an old Sonax bottle (love those German engineered bottles/sprayers. This product was a B R E E Z E to use and left my paint glossy for sure. There is a 1:1 ratio for MAX gloss and slightly higher ratios for a little less and honestly I'm leaning towards 3:1 right now, especially since I've got other products and my car is generally glossy alreadyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did a quick top off of the tires using ECO Touch, light coat and it really POPSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Have you also tried at 1:1? On social media I kept seeing complaints of streaking so I avoided buying it in one of the numerous sales at TCG. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Tomorrow is the first time I am detailing a vehicle for profit in a very long time. Doing an exterior detail on my neighbors 2013 GMC Acadia. It's been used and abused by automatic washes for a long time he said and the clearcoat shows it. I made sure he understood what I was going to do would not remove any of those and he understands that. He said "just do what I see you doing to yours all the time." He means my standard two-hour maintenance wash. Well, two hours on a familiar car, not on an unfamiliar SUV. I told him give me three hours and $75. He said absolutely. I feel I do a fairly thorough maintenance wash and he will be pleased. I was hoping he would let me do his wife's Mazda CX-30 but it's a lease and he said he doesn't care about that one. I wanna get up close and personal to that red chromatic paint that Mazda has, I love it. Soul Red I think it is called? Beautiful. I wanna touch it

MAZDA: Soul Red: Breathtakingly Beautiful but Gruelingly Challenging | We are Engineers

This paint ^
    Very thin paint on Mazdas but you're right that Soul Red can pop up nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Added a second coat of DarkSide. Forgot who but someone said it benefits with a second coat.

No issues with sling with DarkSide. Maybe cuz I level with cosmetics brush? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Very thin paint on Mazdas but you're right that Soul Red can pop up nicely.
    It is a beautiful colour, especially through polarised sunglasses for some reason. A few years back we had a Soul Red Mazda 3 in our driveway for a week, a friend left it with us while she flew overseas. Up close it did not look good, very bad orange peel, no gloss, and like you say, thin.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

13. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uncbrs View Post
    Have you also tried at 1:1? On social media I kept seeing complaints of streaking so I avoided buying it in one of the numerous sales at TCG. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
    I haven't tried it at that level yet. Did they say if it was used as a drying aid at that pointWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It is a beautiful colour, especially through polarised sunglasses for some reason. A few years back we had a Soul Red Mazda 3 in our driveway for a week, a friend left it with us while she flew overseas. Up close it did not look good, very bad orange peel, no gloss, and like you say, thin.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Someone in my area has a CX5 in that colour look's good but can never really enjoy it because the lady is doing 80 in 60 zone.

Sandro from Car Craft Auto Detailing said Mazda's all models are crazy thin he had one on his channel and said it's the thinnest paint he's seen.

16. Likes Big Dave liked this post
Page 1032 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 3253293298210221023102410251026102710281029103010311032103310341035103610371038103910401041104210821132 ... LastLast