autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Took a road trip Sunday. So washed after we got back. Afternoon Sun. Yuck. But got it done. Hopefully looking to do a proper spring detail at the end of the month. 4 days off. I will see how things go. Really would love to throw a BORLA cat back exhaust on it! Just debating at 56,000 miles if it's worth it? Should have done it from the first couple months of ownership.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes CleanIT, Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So the EN sat all day Sunday and it did rain at some point but more importantly there's a tree that's dropping these "catapillar looking pollen bombs", plus seedlings and helicopters. I saw staining on the paint from these but I put my faith in DIY Detail Quick Beads I laid down on Saturday.

Once off of work, 11 hr day, I headed straight to the touch-free wash. I actually sprayed the entire EN down with N914 made up as a WW to help break things down while I squeege'd the windows (gotta do this with touch-free washes) I then ran the EN through the wash and dried it afterwards.

Once home I did some drying, shook out the drivers mat and sprayed 3D Mango interior scent inside before heading in the house to eat dinner.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 80, I'll probably wash it again...why notWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Took a road trip Sunday. So washed after we got back. Afternoon Sun. Yuck. But got it done. Hopefully looking to do a proper spring detail at the end of the month. 4 days off. I will see how things go. Really would love to throw a BORLA cat back exhaust on it! Just debating at 56,000 miles if it's worth it? Should have done it from the first couple months of ownership.
    Do it!!! You know you want to. And it'll be nagging in your head until you do. So may as well do it now anyway.
    I actually would (personal opinions) only choose between Borla, Magnaflow, or Mallett (made by Kooks I believe??) for one of these trucks. Corsa is a top brand, but the sound is too much on that engine. The 3 mentioned are as bassy as that engine will get soundwise.

Post how you like it on it

Post Thanks / Like

I attended to my battle damage from last week. A fine scratch from a branch above the rear right wheel, and three rock scrapes on the passenger side. I hit the driver's side scratch and smallest rock scrape with Carpro Essence on a Shinemate Black Diamond yellow pad on my Ryobi cordless RO. The two bigger scrapes I hit with Scholl S20 Black also on a Shinemate Black Diamond yellow pad, but on my Shinemate corded RO, I wanted more power, followed by Carpro Essence on a Shinemate Black Diamond red pad, using the Shinemate RO. I then reapplied Collinite 845 to the required areas. First time using Essence, it was really easy to use, and I'm pleased with the results.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I attended to my battle damage from last week. A fine scratch from a branch above the rear right wheel, and three rock scrapes on the passenger side. I hit the driver's side scratch and smallest rock scrape with Carpro Essence on a Shinemate Black Diamond yellow pad on my Ryobi cordless RO. The two bigger scrapes I hit with Scholl S20 Black also on a Shinemate Black Diamond yellow pad, but on my Shinemate corded RO, I wanted more power, followed by Carpro Essence on a Shinemate Black Diamond red pad, using the Shinemate RO. I then reapplied Collinite 845 to the required areas. First time using Essence, it was really easy to use, and I'm pleased with the results.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    Well done!

Another fan of Essence, it super forgiving to work with.

8. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to try out a couple new compounds and stand them up to my current favorites. My heavy hiters have been 3D ACA 500 along with Sonax Ultimate cut. My new compounds are the NV precision and The Last Cut+
    I scored door horizontally from top to bottom with 800 grit.
    I used all new 3" wool pads per section and Shinemate EB251.
    1st place with the least noticeable scratches was to my supprise NV Precision!
    2nd place Carpro Ultra Cut
    3rd place Sonax Ultimate Cut
    4th 3D ACA 500 (surprised me)
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-top-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-before-jpg
    Carpro Ultracut:What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-carpro-jpgNV Precision What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-nv-2-jpgSonax Ultimate CutWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-sonax-ultimate-jpg3D ACA 500What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-aca-500-jpg
    Sorry the pictures aren't that great

10. Likes Big Dave, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Once off of work, 11 hr day, I headed straight to the touch-free wash. I actually sprayed the entire EN down with N914 made up as a WW to help break things down while I squeege'd the windows (gotta do this with touch-free washes) I then ran the EN through the wash and dried it afterwards.
    Why squeegee the windows?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaced View Post
    Why squeegee the windows?
    The touch-free washes NEVER remove that light film that the wiper doesn't touch, so I do that and ALL of them to ensure the windows are cleanWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After putting my daughter to bed and my g/f heading off to bed I took the EN to the touch-free wash for a relaxing evening washWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I could see light spots from sap and had some pollen dust on it too, this is where my $37.01 monthly carwash sub pays for itself, which is it gives me my SANITY by keeping it clean, quickly and easilyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

By no means do I like this better than a pre-foam and 2BM but it's just easier because of its location to my work (.75 miles) or about 4 miles from our apartment, in/out, dry and doneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes Big Dave, Prange, DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished organizing everything. Now just need to finish the construction side of shop. Will update!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 1014 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 1451491496410041005100610071008100910101011101210131014101510161017101810191020102110221023102410641114 ... LastLast