autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I noticed webbing the last time I used my wipers. Mine are Bosch, and they're not cheap, so I thought I'd service them rather than replace them. I sprayed straight water onto the rubbers, then wiped them with a lint free cloth until all the contamination was gone. Then coated the plastic bits with Mother's Ceramic Trim Restore & Coat. So they go back on clean glass, I went over the windscreen with Ech2o.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    I run the same wiper blades and i have two of those gun cleaning brushes very handy.

2. Likes Big Dave, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
    Sometimes you do nice things for nice people just because.

An elderly lady wanted to have her husbands treasured truck detailed for his birthday and I was able to squeeze her in first thing in the morning before I took the fam out of town for the day. She’s a retired teacher, which I hope to be in a few years, and after sharing some educational stories her husband inquired about ceramic coatings but it was a bit out of their budget. I gave the couple the free retired teacher/birthday boy upgrade to a one year coating and the husband was thrilled with how his truck turned out. Their gratitude made the extra work worth it.

That’s a nice looking truck. You left it looking Great!

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still lots of work in progress.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-shop-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanaDetailingPros View Post
    Still lots of work in progress.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-shop-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

After a great dinner at our local Chinese restaurant my g/f and I took her Cruze to the touch-free wash. I pre-washed with Bilt-Hamber Touchless and then took it through and went home. I then wiped it down w/ Adam's Cars and Coffee detailer to make it perfect and applied CarPro Darkside to its DWS06 tiresWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now while out there touching it up I noticed some birds might have had some old Chinese food because the back of the EN had 8 bird bombs...an emergency touch-free wash was a mustWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I loaded the IK Foam Pro 12 w/ 3 oz of Griot's Garage Brillant Shine snow foam and an ounce of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam for good measure and headed outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

When I got there I got the IK going with pressure and this total DB with an Urus, ofcoarse a Laimbo owner, pulls around infront of my and made the exhaust sound like a popcorn machine...typicalWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once it dwelled a bit I took the EN through, dried it off and headed home. Once home I dried its typical areas and came in and it's now bedtime What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Tasmania, Uncbrs, Big Dave, Eldorado2k, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After a great dinner at our local Chinese restaurant my g/f and I took her Cruze to the touch-free wash. I pre-washed with Bilt-Hamber Touchless and then took it through and went home. I then wiped it down w/ Adam's Cars and Coffee detailer to make it perfect and applied CarPro Darkside to its DWS06 tiresWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now while out there touching it up I noticed some birds might have had some old Chinese food because the back of the EN had 8 bird bombs...an emergency touch-free wash was a mustWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I loaded the IK Foam Pro 12 w/ 3 oz of Griot's Garage Brillant Shine snow foam and an ounce of Bilt-Hamber Auto-foam for good measure and headed outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

When I got there I got the IK going with pressure and this total DB with an Urus, ofcoarse a Laimbo owner, pulls around infront of my and made the exhaust sound like a popcorn machine...typicalWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once it dwelled a bit I took the EN through, dried it off and headed home. Once home I dried its typical areas and came in and it's now bedtime What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The birds always pick the clean car's to #### on, Never the dirty neglected one's.

10. Likes opie, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    The birds always pick the clean car's to #### on, Never the dirty neglected one's.
    Years ago had this issue with a cow bird and a random cardinal always attacking the mirrors even if folded in. So picked up a crow decoy, and no issues for years....until this year.

Got a little bastarrd house ren that started venturing over to our property from the neihbors vehicles to start hitting the buick. Had to start putting plastic bags on the mirrors. I got another crow decoy to put near the car but didnt work. So i picked up an owl decoy today....gonna see how ballsy this little puff ball is.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Years ago had this issue with a cow bird and a random cardinal always attacking the mirrors even if folded in. So picked up a crow decoy, and no issues for years....until this year.

Got a little bastarrd house ren that started venturing over to our property from the neihbors vehicles to start hitting the buick. Had to start putting plastic bags on the mirrors. I got another crow decoy to put near the car but didnt work. So i picked up an owl decoy today....gonna see how ballsy this little puff ball is.

I also had this problem, it happened in the work carpark, this bird would fly from car to car attacking his reflection in the side mirrors. I got some old socks and put them over my mirrors, problem solved. Other people laughed, but he was pecking hard, I don't doubt he did some damage.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

14. Likes Tasmania, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post

Had this same problem last spring put old mf towel over the side mirrors, and decided to attack his reflection from the window's, i wasn't happy so i said to him and his family take it next door where they don't care about there car's.

Or unfortunately he will disappear for good.

16. Likes Big Dave, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmania View Post
    Had this same problem last spring put old mf towel over the side mirrors, and decided to attack his reflection from the window's, i wasn't happy so i said to him and his family take it next door where they don't care about there car's.

Or unfortunately he will disappear for good.
    House ren update... owl decoy not effective. Same with plastic bags over mirrors since my wife said she observed the bird ramming its head into the front fender and on top of the hood as well. She did go out and shoo him away.

Guess its a compliment from the bird, but maybe i shouldnt have made the paint so shiney!!What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

18. Likes Tasmania liked this post
Page 1003 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 35039039539939949959969979989991000100110021003100410051006100710081009101010111012101310531103 ... LastLast