autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your tire shine/gel/coating recommended product.

I coated my tires with the TW Endura on Oct. 17. I haven’t touched them at all, only thing they get is the occasional spray with D114, then rinse with the hose and blow dry. Exactly 6 weeks later, they look like this right now. Pretty much like day 1.Your tire shine/gel/coating recommended product.

2. Likes UncleDavy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone dress BOTH sides of their tires? I do on the Cadillac and Audi but those two don’t see bad weather.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I coated my tires with the TW Endura on Oct. 17. I haven’t touched them at all, only thing they get is the occasional spray with D114, then rinse with the hose and blow dry. Exactly 6 weeks later, they look like this right now. Pretty much like day 1.Your tire shine/gel/coating recommended product.

That is amazing. Turtle Wax was a common brand name and widely used product when I was a kid. Today there are so many superior products out there that Turtle Wax usually gets ignored or shunned. Your results are phenomenal. I just purchased the Tuf Shine coating kit and I am waiting for decent weather to use it.

Post Thanks / Like

I like McKees37 Gloss Tire Gel. The "Gloss" in the name may discourage someone who does not like a high shine. However, McKees gloss is so easily controlled that it should suit everyone's preference. It is simply a matter of how heavily you apply it and how much you buff.

I typically clean my daily drive tires thoroughly one, maybe twice a year, with Tuf Shine. After they are dry I apply a liberal coat of McKees and let it dwell for an hour or more. They I buff to remove the excess. After 24 hours, I buff a second time. Pretty quickly the tire takes on that great look of new rubber, not rubber that has been spray painted! I generally reapply at 4-6 week intervals following just a normal wash. Subsequent applications do not require nearly as much product to bring back that natural looking shine.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess no one else dresses both sides of their tires. Might be more of an Autopian thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Do you know if this is discontinued or has another name know? Can be that it has a different name here in Sweden too LOL. But it's sure looks like a quality tire coating.

A friend of mine bought a Turtle Wax QD. And holy smoke what a sharp high gloss you got from it. The durability was only a week. But if you where to go somewhere and want to gloss the paint up. That is one of the most high gloss products I have seen. I bought a bottle of it just for fun. Could take a picture of it anyone is interested if it's available in the US too. And it even added gloss on the tires when he wiped them down with it after the paint. I asked him what tire dressing he have used. With a grin on hus face he said Turtle Wax QD LOL. And the car I polished a couple of weeks before this too. Fun when you find products that is impresive and cheap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I guess no one else dresses both sides of their tires. Might be more of an Autopian thing
    Do you have a lift? Or you remove each wheel to dress the back? I don't see a reason to do it since no one will see that side anyways.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. I have a lift but in the days before I had one I used to contort into yoga-like poses to fit underneath the car to reach the back side of the tire.

Post Thanks / Like

McKee’s Gloss Tire Gel here. Cleans a bit, applies easy, and looks however u want it to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I do.
    I use the TW coating when I have them off in the off season.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast