autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Makita BO6050J Polisher?

Anyone have any hands-on experience with this? Much like the Makita PO500C, it is advertised as a "dual mode" machine (free spin & forced rotation) I did notice that it is not available here at Autogeek anymore. Wonder why..

I was initially interested in the PO5000C until forum members advised that in free-spin mode, the PO5000C was useless and would stall under its own weight! That sucks...

I did see another thread where a suggestion to add a washer to the backing plate (aka Kevin Brown method) was suppose to improve performance in free-spin mode. It was unclear from the thread weather or not this mod was effective.

So the BO6050J, how did this perform in free-spin as well as forced rotation?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Makita BO6050J Polisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    Anyone have any hands-on experience with this? Much like the Makita PO500C, it is advertised as a "dual mode" machine (free spin & forced rotation) I did notice that it is not available here at Autogeek anymore. Wonder why..

I was initially interested in the PO5000C until forum members advised that in free-spin mode, the PO5000C was useless and would stall under its own weight! That sucks...

I did see another thread where a suggestion to add a washer to the backing plate (aka Kevin Brown method) was suppose to improve performance in free-spin mode. It was unclear from the thread weather or not this mod was effective.

So the BO6050J, how did this perform in free-spin as well as forced rotation?

It has the same throw, less RPM, same make OPM now of this is the newer model. Might ben6080j.

If this is the older version..then less OPM too

Now buy the PO5000C and keep it in forced mode
    Or use it in free spin just for machine sanding and LSP applications .
    5.58mm freespin I better suited for the woodsanding industry, not so much auto detailing

These dual mode machines..makita, Bosch festool all need variable throw to Make both modes useful in our industry. .

If someone would just makes a 5.5mm forced that switches to 8mm id 12mm
    That's be awesome..

Only way I could make this happen is if i had 60k and then would need enough $$$ to order 1000 units every year. ..so no go as I'm not ballin like that haha. .
    Dream machine died..and that was the better quotes I've gotten. .

LC almost made my dream machine
    .they're just missing forced mode

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Makita BO6050J Polisher?

Thanks for the reply Mike,

The Makita does have my interest at the moment. I agree it seems that it should be primarily considered a forced rotation machine as the free-spin mode is reported to be such a disappointment.