autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most user friendly ceramic coating?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Even though it doesn’t fit what you’re asking for... Someone’s going to say “Cancoat” lol.
    I use CanCoat and it is very easy to use. It is a ceramic coating. Can be used as a topper to coated cars or stand alone. I like it and use it and on my 2nd Can. Nothing wrong with this product.

So I am the someone that was going to say CanCoat!.....LOL
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

2. Likes The Guz, Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I use CanCoat and it is very easy to use. It is a ceramic coating. Can be used as a topper to coated cars or stand alone. I like it and use it and on my 2nd Can. Nothing wrong with this product.

So I am the someone that was going to say CanCoat!.....LOL
    Thanks. We've been waiting for you.

4. Likes Kamakaz1961 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The technology behind using coating has evolved. I was in the same boat as you are just a few months ago. Then I tried cquk 3.0 first. Then McKee's v2 on a different car. Both have their learning curves but this is no different than sealants.

I'm sure you've heard of the term high spots? I don't know about you but that word was new to me and scared me even. But in reality, it's no different than "unbuffed" wax or sealant. Just a different term and looks like oil. Not too worry, the first towel buff will be "grabby" or like the paint is gripping/holding on to your mf, a second towel makes it easier.

Good luck my friend!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    The technology behind using coating has evolved. I was in the same boat as you are just a few months ago. Then I tried cquk 3.0 first. Then McKee's v2 on a different car. Both have their learning curves but this is no different than sealants.

I'm sure you've heard of the term high spots? I don't know about you but that word was new to me and scared me even. But in reality, it's no different than "unbuffed" wax or sealant. Just a different term and looks like oil. Not too worry, the first towel buff will be "grabby" or like the paint is gripping/holding on to your mf, a second towel makes it easier.

Good luck my friend!

Thats actually extremely helpful! I was trying to figure out what that meant and figured I'd find out when I got down to it! lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Just don't let it cure/harden (not as fast as your instant glue) before you remove those "high spots"!

Post Thanks / Like

PBL paint coating and McKees paint coating. Both are easy, really easy. You can get around 2 years out of them.

9. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daven75 View Post
    WGUC?

Yea, thats my main issue is the size. Although, I've been used to cleaning SUV's my whole life so idk lol. Im really debating on Cancoat.

My other man issue is the prep work. To my understanding most coatings I just need to do an IPA wipedown if the cars defect free but I was looking at Blackfire's coating and it says you should use their polish to prep the surface. I'm assuming this is not NEEDED if you use an IPA in it's place?
    WGUC = Wolfgang Uber Ceramic

Post Thanks / Like

CQ 3.0 is easy and a winner. GYEON is easier yet IMO in terms of controlling high-spots. 2 layers of Mohs then 1 of Skin from their Syncro Kit and you won't look back. I've also put 2 layers of Mohs with a quick topping of CanCoat for a super super hydrophobic end game.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    Haha! Just don't let it cure/harden (not as fast as your instant glue) before you remove those "high spots"!
    You have about an hour or so. I have found once it forms you can level / blend them with Essence Plus doing so by hand and a light touch. Doesn't take much to do it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used several coatings - I like them all. Only reason for changing brands is looking for the holy grail of coatings. I picked up my new Corvette a week ago and immediately did the prep work and I applied CQuartz UK - 3.0. I have a dark red - Long Beach Red - and the final product is spectacular. Some of the other products I used were 2 step - a base/adhesion coat followed by a top coat. I applied 2 coats of CQuartz - went on extremely EZ, the flash time was minimal. I had one minor high spot - not bad for 2 coats. The high spot polished off easily using Megiars M105 by hand and reapplying CQuartz. I am extremely happy with the CQuartz UK 3.0. Even though the car was brand new, I did paint correction - there was no way I could stop the dealer from washing the car. My gut tells me the guys washing cars at dealers wash Yugo's and $100k cars using the same technique.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast