autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint protection....what is the best option?

You also have the option of spray on products like McKees Hydro Ue and Blackfire’s SIO2 spray. If you are going to hand wash your truck every 1-2 months these products shine (no pun intended). I find these products particularly appealing when you have such a large vehicle.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

On the other hand $1000 is pretty fair for a professional coating. They are normally in the $2000-$3000 range especially for a truck.

You will still have to maintain the coating and that’s a whole different thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jserr68594 View Post
    I am awaiting the arrival of my new lightning blue super crew f150. I am trying to determine what is my best option for paint protection.

I am not one to wax every couple of months, but am not opposed to doing something say once a year. Professionally installed ceramic coating seems like it is the best (However expensive) option. A five year coating runs about $1000. It seems like a lot to spend.

What other options may be a good route to go? Is there something that can be applied by an amateur that will hold up for a reasonable period of time?
    I can understand not wanting to apply a full wax/sealant every 4-8 weeks. But you stated "once a year".

How about every 6 months?

A great sealant/wax or both will give you this durability with no sweat.

Of course this depends on you at least washing it once a week or two, and using a nice topper/spray wax.

It's all up to you, but I would certainly make this time for a brand new truck.

(As a side note, the lightning blue paint is beautiful on the F-150. Congrats!)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

If your not ready for a full coating application check out Mckees 37 Hydro Blue. It’s the easiest protection you will find. Simply mist on your wet paint after washing, re-rinse with High pressure water then dry the car. If you did this every couple months you would have great protection. Best of all it takes only minutes. Ive started using this on our coated cars to prolong the coating.

If not over used this bottle will treat the regular car 3-4x.

McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    If your not ready for a full coating application check out Mckees 37 Hydro Blue. It’s the easiest protection you will find. Simply mist on your wet paint after washing, re-rinse with High pressure water then dry the car. If you did this every couple months you would have great protection. Best of all it takes only minutes. Ive started using this on our coated cars to prolong the coating.

If not over used this bottle will treat the regular car 3-4x.

McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 Coating
    I have seen/heard of this product. What is hard for me to grasp is how a couple sprays of the product provides coverage for a whole panel. If you spray the middle of the fender for example, how does the product provide full coverage to whole fender?

Post Thanks / Like

Paint protection....what is the best option?

Quote Originally Posted by jserr68594 View Post
    I have seen/heard of this product. What is hard for me to grasp is how a couple sprays of the product provides coverage for a whole panel. If you spray the middle of the fender for example, how does the product provide full coverage to whole fender?
    Use a long sweeping motion to spray an area. Then By flushing it with a stream of water it carries it all over the fender. It’s pretty cool stuff. Been using it a lot for Freinds and family.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    Use a long sweeping motion to spray an area. Then By flushing it with a stream of water it carries it all over the fender. It’s pretty cool stuff. Been using it a lot for Freinds and family.
    Using this product, do you need to anything else like a wax or do you just spray this and call it done?

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a situation where I'd use Duragloss 601 Bonding Agent + 111 Clear Coat Polish (which is a pure sealant).

This combination provides the most resiliency of all the sealants I have on hand.

Once applied, you can go over it with the 111, or Aquawax spray sealant to boost the finish. In fact, I just use the Aquawax to keep the 111 (or 101) nice and fresh.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I see you are local to me....are you for hire?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast