autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW Car New questions

So awhile back i had asked some buff polish questions regarding an audi A7 and what combos of pads polishes work best for that paint since chemical guys stuff is garbage and did more harm than good on my audi, someone on here sent me over to menzerna 400 and sf3800 on green and white rupes pads respectively, this made my car sparkle amazingly.

Well recently i sold the car and picked up a 16' Nissan GTR and want to do a single stage correction or maybe just polish since the paint is already near perfect, it is white and i also want to use the hardest publicly available ceramic coating on it, does anyone have any suggestions?

Any responses are greatly appreciated and i was blown away by the immense amount of help i received last time around on this forum

-Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW Car New questions

I've had great luck with Griot's correction cream/Meguiars D300 on an orange polishing pad for a nice one step.

For your ceramic coating look into Gtechniq C1 topped with their EVOx4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackalak View Post
    So awhile back i had asked some buff polish questions regarding an audi A7 and what combos of pads polishes work best for that paint since chemical guys stuff is garbage and did more harm than good on my audi, someone on here sent me over to menzerna 400 and sf3800 on green and white rupes pads respectively, this made my car sparkle amazingly.

Well recently i sold the car and picked up a 16' Nissan GTR and want to do a single stage correction or maybe just polish since the paint is already near perfect, it is white and i also want to use the hardest publicly available ceramic coating on it, does anyone have any suggestions?

Any responses are greatly appreciated and i was blown away by the immense amount of help i received last time around on this forum

-Sam
    Do you still have some 3800 left? If so, use that to polish as the paint is near perfect. There are many good coatings on the market, but I favor CQuartz. BTW if you decide to go the CQuartz route, use Essence for your polish as it acts as a primer for the CQuartz coating.

4. Likes wolfpacker92 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome i have tons of 3800 left and cquartz, while i liked Cquartz i wanted something a little tougher higher quality if possible and i need to be able to apply it in 90+ degree temps

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any Yellow pads? If so use that with some 3800 if you have it. Green pads work well too as they finish out great. Polish is more critical here. Just about any good polish will work. Due note if you have the self healing paint just to be aware not to lean-in too hard or you will lose that property. The sticker will be under the hood on the passenger side.

Coating wise, I love GYEON Syncro. 2-3 layers of Mohs topped with Skin and you'll thank me. Mohs is super easy to apply, very hard and topped with Skin will be SUPERhydrophobic.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

The only way to find out what will work is by doing a test spot. You can go from there. One thing to keep in mind is that SF3800 is very oily. So it is going to require a few prep wipes to remove those oils.

Also don't buy into the claims of the hardness of any coating. They are not scratch proof. They do offer a benefit to wash induced marring. Other than that don't go out looking for the hardest coating on the market. Find something you want to try and go for it. There are some good coatings from GTechniq, CarPro and Gyeon just to name a few.

awesome i have tons of 3800 left and cquartz, while i liked Cquartz i wanted something a little tougher higher quality if possible and i need to be able to apply it in 90+ degree temps
    Cquartz is one of the nicest coatings around. Also Cquartz TiO2 has a recommended working temperature range of 50F to 100F. The new Cquartz UK 3.0 has a recommended working temperature range of 40F to 100F. So either one will work for you. If you wait a bit they will be launching a new version of their Gliss topper. CarPro US is currently offering a free bottle of Gliss with the purchase of CQUK 3.0.

If you want to try something new then you can look into something like GTechniq Crystal Serum Light topped with Exo or Gyeon Syncro. GTechniq is a nice combo. Syncro seems to be ok thus far but I am starting to see issues with it in a couple spots.

But don't get to sucked into the whole coating hardness.

If you want to venture out you can try out the new Blackfire coating. I have not used it but here is a review for it.

Review & How-to: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Coating by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I'd be doing any correcting or coating application in 90+ degree temps unless I had no choice.

I've noticed polishes dry out much quicker, pads heat up way faster, and I couldn't imagine how fast a coating would flash in that heat. Could protect the car temporarily with a good spray wax and wait for the weather to cool off?

We're in the 90+ range in my area too and all I do when it's this hot is washing. Even then, I only do the work in the early morning or late evening.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely stick with Menzerna.

Did you know CQuartz can be layered?