autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Car Cover Dilemma, Part 2...

Hi everyone,

Posted a couple of months ago with a question about whether to use a car cover on my 1967 Camaro, which I temporarily needed to park in our driveway while I searched for a new place to garage it. I ended up using the cover to avoid damage from the elements. I will say that even tying the cover down, I did notice quite a bit of light marring on the paint. Outdoors it just seems really hard to prevent any dust from getting under there, and even with gust-guard ties, the cover still flaps a bit in the wind. Glad to have found a new place to garage it...

SO, new question: the new garage I'm storing it in seems to have a bit of dust floating around. I pick up the car every week or two, and notice a light layer of dust on it. I've washed the car cover I was using for outdoor storage (California Car Cover Superweave) thoroughly, so I would like to use it on the car while it's stored indoors.

I know for outdoor use you definitely want to wash the car each time you put the cover on. Necessary to wash each time for indoor use too? Car doesn't get too dirty since I only drive it on nice days every week or two, but it does accumulate some film from the road. Wondering whether it's safe to put the cover on when there might be some very light dust / dirt, if it's indoors with no wind. Anyone have experience with something like that?

Thanks!

HAMBO

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Cover Dilemma, Part 2...

I used a car cover in my garage for many years, and I absolutely loved it. After driving, as long as it wasn't raining (snowing, heavy fog, etc.) I'd dust off my pickup before putting the cover over it.