autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered my first DA

Hey guys, I just ordered a PC 7424 and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I also ordered (and recieved) my "pad pac" from AG. This is what I got: the twins (Pinacle advanced finishing polish and the Advanced swirl remover), the following 5.5" pads, 3 orange, 2 white, and 2 black (sorry GREY).

Anyway, the more I read here, the more I am confused. Did I get the right stuff for the PC, or should I have gotten the XMT stuff? I have read the product details on both lines, but still don't know the difference. Could someone please break this down into 3rd grade english for me as I am a COMPLETE novice ( this is the first car I have ever owned that warrented waxing, let alone washing....)

Robert

BTW, off topic, whoever packed my stuff into the box, you DO know that the pads are NOT fragile? Hell, 1/2 the box was packing peanuts VERY well packed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just ordered my first DA

Quote Originally Posted by krzdimond View Post
    Hey guys, I just ordered a PC 7424 and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I also ordered (and recieved) my "pad pac" from AG. This is what I got: the twins (Pinacle advanced finishing polish and the Advanced swirl remover), the following 5.5" pads, 3 orange, 2 white, and 2 black (sorry GREY).

Anyway, the more I read here, the more I am confused. Did I get the right stuff for the PC, or should I have gotten the XMT stuff? I have read the product details on both lines, but still don't know the difference. Could someone please break this down into 3rd grade english for me as I am a COMPLETE novice ( this is the first car I have ever owned that warrented waxing, let alone washing....)

Robert
    BTW, off topic, whoever packed my stuff into the box, you DO know that the pads are NOT fragile? Hell, 1/2 the box was packing peanuts VERY well packed!!
    Since you got the Pinacle line, why not use it. If you don't get the results you are looking for, you can alway's try something else. If you have been following the forum, you will find that alot of geeks like the Menzerna polishes. Welcome to the aslym, before you know it you will have a mutitude of polishes and waxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you have been following the forum, you will find that alot of geeks like the Menzerna polishes.
    I noticed that AFTER ordered

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! or maybe I should offer my sympathy... any way, welcome to the addiction. I suspect you'll be very happy with the products you've ordered... at first ... then you'll become obsessed like the rest of us and NEED to try everything... and when you do that, they'll bring something new out. Be sure to take some pics before you start, you'll wish you had when you see how good it looks after. Then take some pics after... and share them all with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by makdaddy626 View Post
    Congratulations! or maybe I should offer my sympathy... any way, welcome to the addiction. I suspect you'll be very happy with the products you've ordered... at first ... then you'll become obsessed like the rest of us and NEED to try everything... and when you do that, they'll bring something new out. Be sure to take some pics before you start, you'll wish you had when you see how good it looks after. Then take some pics after... and share them all with us.
    Thanks for the welcome.

How do I start? My wife washes her car about 3 times a year and it hasn't seen wax in 18 months ( I was "overseas", compliments of my uncle Sam). If I showed you the before pics, I woud be arrested immediately for "gross
    negligence of automotive paint". The water spots alone would send the strongest of you running and screaming like a scared little child.--- Which is why I bought this combo in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

To try and answer your original question... You did fine. The Pinnacle Polishes as well as the XMT series can be used with the PC. The XMT series does offer more flexibility (it runs 1 -4) rather than only the 2 choices. Many people (myself included) really like Menz polishes, but few people start with them because of the cost. I started with XMT and was really happy with the results, but then, found Mens in the quest for "the perfect shine"... System 1s X3 polish is well liked by many that have tried it as well and offers the ease of one product for all your needs, so you might think about picking up a small bottle of it to try if you're not completely satisfied with the polishes you have. In the end, it just comes down to what works best for you and how much you like to experiment.