autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Comsumer Vs. Pro Grade Car Soap

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The No. 7 brand is still around, not affiliated with DuPont anymore. The company that owns the No. 7 brand also owns Rally and Rain Dance, for those of us old enough to be in assisted living. Now all they need is Kit and I'd be set.
    I love it. Dupont No. 7, Kit, Rally, Rain Dance and good old Turtle Wax "with Brillium". If you wanted to get adventurous you could use Dupont No. 7 chrome polish and cleaner, or No. 7 rubbing or polishing compound. All these product were available at my local hardware store in Central Jersey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I love it. Dupont No. 7, Kit, Rally, Rain Dance and good old Turtle Wax "with Brillium". If you wanted to get adventurous you could use Dupont No. 7 chrome polish and cleaner, or No. 7 rubbing or polishing compound. All these product were available at my local hardware store in Central Jersey.
    I was never a Turtle Wax guy. I believe I waxed my first car at 13 yo with Kit. I saw my brother wax his car with it, so I did my mother's car.

And by "local hardware store" you mean Home Depot or Lowes, right?

Here's a little eye candy...although I believe since I took this picture I used up the tar remover and threw out the Meg's New Car Glaze (had turned to chewing gum) and the #4 (what would I ever use that for now?)

Also I was saving this for when I got a "good" car--I wonder when that will be? $3.99 at Channel.

3. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was never a Turtle Wax guy. I believe I waxed my first car at 13 yo with Kit. I saw my brother wax his car with it, so I did my mother's car.

And by "local hardware store" you mean Home Depot or Lowes, right?

Here's a little eye candy...although I believe since I took this picture I used up the tar remover and threw out the Meg's New Car Glaze (had turned to chewing gum) and the #4 (what would I ever use that for now?)

Also I was saving this for when I got a "good" car--I wonder when that will be? $3.99 at Channel.

Now you are making me cry again. We didn't have a garage but these are all products that my grandfather had in the shed. I used this stuff long before Lowes and Home Depot. We bought these products at Channel, Rickel or Krizca Hardware. Once in a while we would go to 1001 Auto Parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Where in Central NJ did you grow up, Davy?

Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Jersey City but I grew up in Edison. I lived in South River after I got married. We moved to Mass. in 1998. I still consider myself from Jersey. Where are you living?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah Edison...you know the Ford plant on Rt. 1 is gone? I live in Essex County, so a bit north of there.

8. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Old #7. God that brings back the youthful times! I recall that stuff really making the suds! My pick 3 in no order....

Hyperwash
    3D Pink
    Carbrite select

All great soaps that leave nothing behind. I use the OTC soaps for wheel duty.
    Are you sure that Carbrite Select does not leave anything behind? The description says: Generates sheeting action

The 3D Pink Soap seems to be at a great value. What are the recommended dilution of that?

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used soap from my local auto supply store and never found much difference between any of them. I ordered some Hyper Wash recently and now see what I have been missing. I have always had low suds and assumed it was my hard well water but the Hyper Wash makes great suds. It is super slick and does a great job on my cars with just a cap full of soap. ( I ordered the proportioner but it did not work at all with this soap ) I never let my cars get very dirty so I can not testify to the cleaning power of the product but it is the perfect product for me. I may try some other brands recommended on this site but will never go back to store soaps that are on sale.

I ordered two gallons because I would go through the cheap soaps so quickly but this stuff is so concentrated, these two gallons will last me a very long time. At thirty two buck or twenty four bucks if you get it during a sale, it is a deal since this will last you a year or two.

Dave

2017 Toyota Tundra
    2013 M37S Infinity
    2007 BMW 335i convertible

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh, all this Hyper Wash talk makes me want to try it...except I'm just about to get to my gallon of #62 that I bought 10 or 12 years ago...yeah, yeah, I know you new guys have never heard of #62.

Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh, all this Hyper Wash talk makes me want to try it...except I'm just about to get to my gallon of #62 that I bought 10 or 12 years ago...yeah, yeah, I know you new guys have never heard of #62.
    I have heard of Megs #62 and I think that it is still around. It's a lot like Gold Class isn't it? You won't be disappointed with Hyper Wash.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast