autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile business owners

What happened Dan?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

To business owners again, I'm trying to explore detailing in parking lots. Besides client's garage, where else do you regularly detail client's vehicles?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    To business owners again, I'm trying to explore detailing in parking lots. Besides client's garage, where else do you regularly detail client's vehicles?
    I see mobile detailers in mall parking lots early in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I'm exploring that too. Haven't seen them where we live. I'm aiming for office parking lots initially but got a NO response.

Post Thanks / Like

What happened Dan?

It would be hard to do a proper coating without a garage. Most coatings need to be kept out of the elements fir 24+ hrs after application, not to mention doing a correction & final pre-coating wipe down outside would be a PIA. Oh and many coatings can’t be applied in the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    It would be hard to do a proper coating without a garage. Most coatings need to be kept out of the elements fir 24+ hrs after application, not to mention doing a correction & final pre-coating wipe down outside would be a PIA. Oh and many coatings can’t be applied in the sun.
    McKee's 37 coating works very well outside. Never had an issue. As for the 24 hours thing. I apply a ceramic sealant on top of the coating to protect it from the elements during the cure period. Again, never had an issue.

As for the sun, it can make the work a little harder but with McKee's I have been able to coat directly in the sun and again, not issue. Just do smaller sections and you will be fine.

Finally. A portable instant canopy can resolve most weather issue you don't want to deal with.

7. Likes Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have also used McKee's outside and I recently switched to another product that is not sold here. No problems noted with either product even in the heat of summer. I've advocated a portable canopy many times on here, over and over and over, but let me tell you this. It gives you shade, it doesn't make it any cooler. If you can't stand the heat and you live somewhere hot, stay out of the mobile detail kitchen because you'll be hating life.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I understand your question. Mobile detailers do 99% of their business in the customer's driveway or on the street in front of the customer's house. I'm here to tell you, don't focus on selling your services to businesses. They don't pay worth a crap. You'll end up a fancy mobile car washer doing cut rate washes. They think they're getting a deal because they're doing you a huge favor letting you wash 10 cars at one location. Eff that. You can go make $300 on one job with a regular customer at their house, you don't need to sit in a parking lot washing every dirty ass Toyota Corolla for $300 a day. I'm not saying you can't find a good business that wants 3 or 4 higher end jobs done once a month. I'm saying that typical businesses want cheap, fast, volume. Stuff like "Oh don't worry about the inside, I just need it sprayed down." No, these are my services, you don't make my services up as you go along.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    McKee's 37 coating works very well outside. Never had an issue. As for the 24 hours thing. I apply a ceramic sealant on top of the coating to protect it from the elements during the cure period. Again, never had an issue.

As for the sun, it can make the work a little harder but with McKee's I have been able to coat directly in the sun and again, not issue. Just do smaller sections and you will be fine.

Finally. A portable instant canopy can resolve most weather issue you don't want to deal with.
    Thus the reason I used the term ‘many’ & ‘most’.

McKee’s 37 is one of the few and more forgiving coatings. I love using there stuff. Mobile business owners

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Mobile detailers do 99% of their business in the customer's driveway or on the street in front of the customer's house. I'm here to tell you, don't focus on selling your services to businesses. They don't pay worth a crap. You'll end up a fancy mobile car washer doing cut rate washes. They think they're getting a deal because they're doing you a huge favor letting you wash 10 cars at one location. Eff that. You can go make $300 on one job with a regular customer at their house, you don't need to sit in a parking lot washing every dirty ass Toyota Corolla for $300 a day. I'm not saying you can't find a good business that wants 3 or 4 higher end jobs done once a month. I'm saying that typical businesses want cheap, fast, volume. Stuff like "Oh don't worry about the inside, I just need it sprayed down." No, these are my services, you don't make my services up as you go along.
    I think there's an untapped market for office goers. Instead of the cars just parked there, might as well get it detailed. That's where I'm going at with the question.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast