autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Comsumer Vs. Pro Grade Car Soap

Hello everyone. I have a question about car wash soaps. I only have experience with consumer grade products such as Meguiars Gold Class, Mothers California Gold, etc. My understanding is that these are PH neutral soaps, will not remove wax, but also will not remove tar and heavy deposits. How are professional grade products different? For the home DIY person, which is more cost effective per wash? I wonder if buying a concentrate is cheaper over all even though it costs more up front. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Comsumer Vs. Pro Grade Car Soap

Forget the OTC washes. I used to think they did a good job.

That was until I tried Meg's Hyperwash.

Do yourself a favor and get a gallon of it. If you're just a once a week washer, it will last you many seasons. The price point is WAY better than the OTC stuff.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes UncleDavy, Maxreed241, Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro are about the same, just sold in larger qty as you mentioned. All soaps are concentrated, some just more so than others. Gold Class is good but just pony the $30 for Hyper Wash when you’re out and it will last you forever. This response will likely summarize the remaining suggestions you will receive... Hyper Wash rules the forum for cost effective, good, non-coating car washes (not that it can’t be used for coatings).
    Last edited by acuRAS82; 08-10-2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Damn, PaulMys beat me to it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovenhim View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a question about car wash soaps. I only have experience with consumer grade products such as Meguiars Gold Class, Mothers California Gold, etc. My understanding is that these are PH neutral soaps, will not remove wax, but also will not remove tar and heavy deposits. How are professional grade products different? For the home DIY person, which is more cost effective per wash? I wonder if buying a concentrate is cheaper over all even though it costs more up front. Thanks for the help.
    Loaded question. I think of car wash soaps the same way I think of body soaps and shampoo. Strong, weak, medicated, fragrant, no fragrance, bottle, tube, cream, liquid, etc. There are so many variants. I have more than I can count. I settled in on D110 because I'm cheap and the consensus is that D110 is good stuff. Meguiars Hyper-Wash is a concetrated car wash for frequent or professional detailing. Super foaming, long lasting car shampoo from Meguiars.

I have never heard a negative word about D110. It just works.

Regarding "professional grade" products, don't sweat it. You're asking the right questions, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just curious about them. I am just use to getting whatever Wally's World might carry, the autoparts store sales if they can beat Walmart or Amazon. LOL Years a go my dad use to get the car wash soap in a powder. It came in a cardboard tube. I think it was called Dupaunt Number 7?

Post Thanks / Like

Only other I would add is optimum car wash soap and I've never tried to see the difference between it and hyperwash

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lovenhim View Post
    I was just curious about them. I am just use to getting whatever Wally's World might carry, the autoparts store sales if they can beat Walmart or Amazon. LOL Years a go my dad use to get the car wash soap in a powder. It came in a cardboard tube. I think it was called Dupaunt Number 7?
    Dupont No. 7. Now you are making me cry. I used that silver cardboard tube when I was a teenager in the 70s. I kept using it and continued up until around 2000. After that I swore by Meguiars Gold Class. I heard a lot of the guys on the forum talk about Meguiars Hyper Wash so I decided to try it. Now I am sold. Just 1 oz for a 5 gallon bucket provides lots of slippery suds.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo

XtraFluff Blue Microfiber Wash Mitt

This is what I use when 2bm wash my car and the familys cars. The cleaning ability from both the Carpro Reset car soap and the mf wash mitt is awesome. And it's not necessary to over dilute the car soap you just follow the recommended dilution of 1:500. You can even dilute it up to 1:1000 depending on what kind of water you have. If you feel like you get the lubrication that you like it works awesome. I have moved on to use multible wash mitts and mf wash pads with the same kind of material as the linked wash mitt. It's so you don't put back on the paint when you have used it and grab for a fresh mitt or pad and continue to the next section I wash. Try to get one of these mf wash mitt and see how you like them.

If I would be car washing for money maybe I would get a more economical car soap like Meguiars Hyper Wash. But since I only do a few cars the reset 1 liter bottle has lasted me a long time. The benefit of useing multible wash media is you use less of wash solution too. I mix up 10 liter which is about 2.5 gallons and 20ml of reset which is about 0.65oz. 1 liter of reset gets me 50 car washes. 25$ a bottle or with the 25% sale that is know 18.75$ I think it's än acceptable value. Sure with HW you get a very economical value and if you want that I would go with that.

The most important thing to me with reset or HW or Gyeon Bathe. Is that they don't interfear with the looks on the LSP. As it has no wax or glossenhancer in it. I don't want that in a car soap since I pay alot for the LSP products to give me that looks from them. And I would only use a car soap that leaves anything behind if it's in a synergy with my LSP. If I would want to ad something that spruce up the finish I do that after the wash. With a product I like the looks from. Know I have car soap that leaves something behind but that would crinch the economical person alot LOL. It's a ceramic coating infused car soap that leaves an amazing finish after the wash. And when I follow up with the same synergy QD the gloss and depth is something I really like. The 16oz bottle of car soap is 38$ and the QD is at 16oz and 45$. It's only needed to be used every 4th wash since it's protection and gloss last about 4-6 weeks. And I got those on a big sale and this prices are retail prices. You could compare it with carpro Hydrofoam or Gyeon Bathe+ car soaps. And the QD with carpro reload and Gyeon Cure. Those ceramic coating products are pricey. But works great if you like the looks of them. But to use them in a business would not be so great lol. Or the car washes would be expensive that you offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Old #7. God that brings back the youthful times! I recall that stuff really making the suds! My pick 3 in no order....

Hyperwash
    3D Pink
    Carbrite select

All great soaps that leave nothing behind. I use the OTC soaps for wheel duty.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

The No. 7 brand is still around, not affiliated with DuPont anymore. The company that owns the No. 7 brand also owns Rally and Rain Dance, for those of us old enough to be in assisted living. Now all they need is Kit and I'd be set.

12. Likes UncleDavy, rangerbay liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast